• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving a Land Rover
  • Number of Models:200+
  • Favorite Brands:Universal Hobbies
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

I only just recently heard of this manufacturer after I saw a 1970 Range Rover Classic advertised on BidorBuy (a South African eBay of sorts) by a seller who's prices are ridiculously inflated. At first I thought he'd got it wrong when he stated it was a BoS model because I have exactly the same model made by NEO. I did a little bit of research and found that BoS claim to be a manufacturer of cars that other manufacturers ignored. So what is the difference between the NEO and the BoS???
NEO on the left and BoS on the right
Attached File  NEO18125.jpg   62.39K   0 downloadsAttached File  BoS_RR_1970_04.jpg   72.33K   0 downloads

I've obviously not seen any BoS models "in the flesh" as it were. Anyone have any opinions on BoS models??

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31736 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:49 PM

Their models are not bad for the money but not great value, they fall short of being up to GT Spirit standard, think of them more as an over priced otto model.
I have three from them, I only have them as I know that no one else will make those models.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   Landy-Fanatic

Landy-Fanatic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving a Land Rover
  • Number of Models:200+
  • Favorite Brands:Universal Hobbies
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

Oops!! I guess I should have read preisman's post before I posted this, it does partially answer my concerns.

#4 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1931 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

As far as I know in the case of that RR only difference is the label on the box. BoS did some work on wheels to and that is sort of it. MCW (who owns BoS) collaborated previously with NEO on some models so I think it is not strange to see that NEO gives them some molds.

In general, I don't like them. Not just for the price, but for details as well. Their floor is beyond unacceptable. Also, lines on their model and proportions can be wrong. On BMW E3 their mold got sort of twisted or bent, so all series is bit screwed up and nose instead of being in line with the car is bit down. . . So, all in all, as much as I like the models they are doing and as much as I would like to have them (as Craig sad no one else is doing those), I'm not buying them. It is not just problem with the price, but with a model as well.

#5 OFFLINE   technica

technica

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2695 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

I bought a Audi Quattro Spyder from BoS. The paintwork is good, but the details are quite bad. The meshes are part of the resin body painted in black. Because of the thick body paint the meshes details are almost gone. Weight wise this felt very light. Not the kind of feel from Otto or GT Spirit.

Those I mentioned were general view of BoS based on my one and only model from them. :twocents:

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.