I'm so sad that BBR made a F40 "Tuning" Car - BBR | Blue Moon - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

I'm so sad that BBR made a F40 "Tuning" Car

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HansRoyal

HansRoyal

• DX Community
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Anime, Sports
  • Favorite Brands:Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:cn

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

I do not know that I post in this section is acceptable, if not, please move this topic... I just want to say "F40 LM" is one of my favourite Ferraris, I'm so suprised today I saw BBR will make 1/18 F40 LM model. But when I login the website, I feel so sad that it's totally not a F40 LM instead of a poor "tuning" car or something like "conversion"... I think it's not a good news to a famous model factory, The Kyosho used to build a "Light Weight" Version which the car is located in Japan, and the UT models made some mistakes on F1 GTR "XP1 LM" still plagued me for several years... Or maybe Im OCDer, I can not endure such mistakes... I think it's not difficult to reproduct a new front hook with "LM/Competizione" style instead of tuning Wheels、Wings、Diffuser or something, also not just add a front spoiler or move the seat means that it's a "racing version"... I'm just so sad. I really want a 1/18 edition F40 LM/Competizione Street version, but for these facts, NO! May be I should go back to 5 years before to buy a Hot wheels in supermarket, it;s just ridiculous. And i found there are some experts really did a great work for this.(which you can see the photos) It's really nice, I still keep a dream to build a "real" model one day  Attached File  000001-XXueaauGezuNzDjHoFzf.jpg   58.4K   1 downloads (This is F40 IMSA - Azur Models) Attached File  P18131-2-562x375.jpg   36.87K   3 downloads Attached File  P18131-1-562x375.jpg   38.88K   2 downloads (pic from BBR website) in facts BBR F40 LM is looks like a IMSA Version... All I said we can talk together, here is my last(first) topic: http://www.diecastxc...o-meet-you-all/ ( just flied 1 year) Best Regards

Some masterpieces. What I want to know is how can get these transkits...Attached File  1404151155398722612152672.jpg   47.79K   3 downloadsAttached File  1404151155358722612152670.jpg   49.28K   2 downloadsAttached File  01.jpg   29.93K   2 downloads

The Real Car! ( The LM/Competizione/GTE/IMSA still got a little different in some body parts )Attached File  1989-1996-Ferrari-F40-LM-GT-GTE-6.jpg   34.68K   0 downloadsAttached File  4814855888_76c28b7ccd_b.jpg   45.78K   0 downloads

Edited by HansRoyal, 02 May 2016 - 10:58 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   HansRoyal

HansRoyal

• DX Community
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

Here is my MU Pilot Aldix Racing F40 LM 1995 Le mans 12th...Attached File  QQ图片20150225210005.jpg   22.51K   2 downloadsAttached File  QQ图片20150225210016.jpg   23.84K   3 downloads I really want a 1/18 Scale. ------------------------------END----------------------------

Edited by HansRoyal, 02 May 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Favorite Brands:FrontiArt, BBR, CMC, MakeUp, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:19 PM

"I really want a 1/18 scale"

These recently announced Looksmart models will probably end up with some qc issues of their own but they will be 1/18 scale including the one you have in the above picture:

http://unusual43.com...iew/F40-History

#4 OFFLINE   technica

technica

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2695 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:37 AM

The BBR version looks very much like the HWE, except it has the correct wheels. But they used the stock/street headlamps? :dunno: Shape of the headlamp covers are wrong too. I hope this is just the prototype. Hope they will release the GTE too. The nicest version IMO.

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   HansRoyal

HansRoyal

• DX Community
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

bwshihtzu, on 02 May 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

These recently announced Looksmart models will probably end up with some qc issues of their own but they will be 1/18 scale including the one you have in the above picture:

Wow thank you so much!!! I really like F40 LM... I don't know if it will be done for it!

technica, on 03 May 2016 - 01:37 AM, said:

The BBR version looks very much like the HWE, except it has the correct wheels. But they used the stock/street headlamps? :dunno: Shape of the headlamp covers are wrong too. I hope this is just the prototype. Hope they will release the GTE too. The nicest version IMO.
Hope it will be a proto version... And I want to buy a transkit for F40 if it possible! Greetings

#6 OFFLINE   bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Favorite Brands:FrontiArt, BBR, CMC, MakeUp, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

HansRoyal, on 03 May 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

bwshihtzu, on 02 May 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Wow thank you so much!!! I really like F40 LM... I don't know if it will be done for it!

technica, on 03 May 2016 - 01:37 AM, said:

Hope it will be a proto version... And I want to buy a transkit for F40 if it possible! Greetings

You're welcome! I'm glad I could provide you some good news.

#7 OFFLINE   Ferrarif40fan

Ferrarif40fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Everything that involves cars
  • Number of Models:+/- 40
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, TSM, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:nl

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Just to clarify. The car BBR will be manufacturing is in fact a real F40 Competizione or better known as LM.
This is the car that was used when they were testing at Monza in 1989 and is referred to as the first Ferrari F40 Competizione. This car was built by Michelotto (the company that was responsible for the F40 LM's and GTE's) and is often called the first F40 LM. Jean Alesi however did run a F40 Imsa that used the exact same body as this car so that's why people often don't think this was an LM.

I am happy they did this because I already own a 1994 F40 LM (built myself using a Kyosho and many different transkits).
Looksmart will also be creating the F40 LM and they will make the production version from Michelotto (the better looking one).
So no worries you will still be able to buy the LM you want ;)

#8 OFFLINE   HansRoyal

HansRoyal

• DX Community
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

Thank you sir... I understand! Mainly I prefer built by my self... But you know... Hard one

#9 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2424 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:01 AM

APM/Model Work Shop did the LM transkit a few years ago, they will be hard to find now but are pretty good. I was lucky enough to find 2 sets for my LM and GTE, but of course I found a very good builder who did an amazing job.
The Looksmart models look promising, Ill be watching these when they are released and maybe will add a different colour.
Good luck :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.