Amalgam 1/8 Ferrari LaFerrari detailed photographic tribute! - DX 1:12 (and larger) Collectors - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Amalgam 1/8 Ferrari LaFerrari detailed photographic tribute!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

After a whole night of Photoshooting....finally hereEnjoy and tell me what u think!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by rickytmk, 11 June 2016 - 09:43 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 ONLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Cars,movies,audio&video,travel.
  • Number of Models:143
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt,BBR,FrontiArt,Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: se

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

That is one amazing looking car.Congrats on that purchase.Now we want more pictures of it.

#3 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

Behind the scene photos !! Hope you all like it!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you and welcome any comments!

View PostLAFerrari, on 11 June 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

That is one amazing looking car.Congrats on that purchase.Now we want more pictures of it.

Thanks LaFerrari! What would u like to see more specifically?

#4 OFFLINE   Evil Z06

Evil Z06

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5380 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Whatever looks Tempting
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

Now that's a car :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

#5 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

Detailed written review to follow . Stay tuned !

#6 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

Maybe if I won the lottery I could bring myself to buy an Amalgam, but I would probably just try to buy the real thing instead!! Cool model thanks for sharing it here. Plus when you sell it you will have decent down payment towards a real car!! This had to cost a chunk of serious cash.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy and science, diecast, sim racing,
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: pk

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

That's a beast of a model!! Congratulations on acquiring it! Really nice detail throughout, the fact that it is an opening 1/8 model makes it a very rare large-sized model. Usually models in this size are sealed.

I especially love the brake details :) And super paint quality throughout, and terrific carbon-fiber application as well :10: The profusion of fine grilles are also very well done.

By the way great display setup as well, I love the large-garage backdrop. And are the other 1/8 models also from Amalgam?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   janositamas

janositamas

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1361 posts
  • Interests:Cars, photography, car photography
  • Number of Models:90 (02.2020.)
  • Favorite Brands:BBR, LookSmart, HWE, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: hu

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

It looks fantastic, also the "dio" you created, it must be a pleasure to look at it any time you walk by :-)

#9 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostUzair, on 11 June 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

That's a beast of a model!! Congratulations on acquiring it! Really nice detail throughout, the fact that it is an opening 1/8 model makes it a very rare large-sized model. Usually models in this size are sealed.

I especially love the brake details :) And super paint quality throughout, and terrific carbon-fiber application as well :10: The profusion of fine grilles are also very well done.

By the way great display setup as well, I love the large-garage backdrop. And are the other 1/8 models also from Amalgam?

Thanks! The DB5 is from eaglemoss which I bought it already built-up 2nd hand from eBay; the Lamborghini is pocher with full transkit built by the transit developer Tomasso Iuele.

The display cabinet and LED light is proudly brought to you by IKEA kitchen series! I bought them when they were 20% off and built it and installed it bits by bits over a week by myself! It's a pain!

Edited by rickytmk, 11 June 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   HAj

HAj

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 760 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Amalgam, BBR, MR, AUTOart Signature
  • Proud Citizen of: sa

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

amazing shots!!

loving the batman garage background
Hey,,

Check My Collection in the Link Down Below

http://www.diecastxc...1/topic/118329-

#11 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostHAj, on 11 June 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

amazing shots!!

loving the batman garage background

Great that you picked that up its from Batman !!

View Postjanositamas, on 11 June 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

It looks fantastic, also the "dio" you created, it must be a pleasure to look at it any time you walk by :-)

Thanks ! The set up is facing my bed and right into my face! Love it!

Edited by rickytmk, 11 June 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12176 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

Wow thanks a lot for taking the time to show us this Beauty.It's a Fantastic looking model and i love the close ups too.You also have a great set up to admire,top marks from me. :10: :agreed: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :yahoo: :occasion14: :danke:

#13 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

Simply outstanding model mate, That CF detailing is something else. :10: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#14 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

Nice Displays & Wonderful 1/8th Scales Overall!! :eusa_clap: :drool5:  Thanks For Sharing!! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#15 ONLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Cars,movies,audio&video,travel.
  • Number of Models:143
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt,BBR,FrontiArt,Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: se

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

Well, your latest picture updates are really amazing and probably catches the best angles of the model.But maybe some more pics of the engine.
Once again congrats to your purchase it is stunning and the other cars is equally impressive.

#16 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

View Postdrivinghermad, on 11 June 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

Wow thanks a lot for taking the time to show us this Beauty.It's a Fantastic looking model and i love the close ups too.You also have a great set up to admire,top marks from me. :10: :agreed: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :yahoo: :occasion14: :danke:
Thanks Daren! You are the one who motivated me. I regularly see your constantly upgrade great photos of ur new 1/12 and previous 1/8. Do u miss ur 1/8 much as u are giving way to 1/12 these days?

View PostDave7872, on 11 June 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Simply outstanding model mate, That CF detailing is something else.

Thanks ! I agree getting the carbon fiber in right scale and smoothly is very tricky.

View PostD N, on 11 June 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

Nice Displays & Wonderful 1/8th Scales Overall!! Thanks For Sharing!!

My enjoy reading all you guys replies. I compulsively check this forum messages since last night

View PostLAFerrari, on 11 June 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

Well, your latest picture updates are really amazing and probably catches the best angles of the model.But maybe some more pics of the engine.
Once again congrats to your purchase it is stunning and the other cars is equally impressive.

Yea the new updates ( behind the scene ones) are less artistic but capturing a better angle of the stance of the model.
Will post more engines focus pictures in next update!

#17 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3035 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

Wow incredible model man, what a masterpiece! Congrats on this beauty! Love the diorama too, makes the display and presentation of the model that much more exciting! Way to go all around!
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#18 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

View PostCreepyVanMan, on 11 June 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

Wow incredible model man, what a masterpiece! Congrats on this beauty! Love the diorama too, makes the display and presentation of the model that much more exciting! Way to go all around!
Thanks Creepyvanman! It's quite tricky to find diorama items and figure in 1/8 scale to match the car.

The figures are preparing the new diorama for me for the arrival of the next grand landing of 1/8 in August!! Stay tuned

Which picture you guys like most I wondered?

Edited by rickytmk, 11 June 2016 - 06:14 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:19 PM

Very amazing model. Everything looks real from the interior to the exterior - the amounts of mesh/vents, details of the engine, front hood and rear engine cover with the supporting struts are amazing. For some reason, I am not impressed with the brake calipers. For this huge scale of a model, they could use some parts such as nuts and screws to make the brake calipers look like The real deal. It looks kind of plain imo. No offense here. I am just thinking out loud. But I guess nothing is perfect regardless of the price one pays.
Congrats and thanks for sharing these amazing details of an awesome model.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your 1/8 Koenigsegg One:1 from Frontiart.

Edited by blieu118, 11 June 2016 - 10:22 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

View Postblieu118, on 11 June 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Very amazing model. Everything looks real from the interior to the exterior - the amounts of mesh/vents, details of the engine, front hood and rear engine cover with the supporting struts are amazing. For some reason, I am not impressed with the brake calipers. For this huge scale of a model, they could use some parts such as nuts and screws to make the brake calipers look like The real deal. It looks kind of plain imo. No offense here. I am just thinking out loud. But I guess nothing is perfect regardless of the price one pays.
Congrats and thanks for sharing these amazing details of an awesome model.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your 1/8 Koenigsegg One:1 from Frontiart.

Thanks for your comment!
The break caliper and the disc do contains imitate nuts and bolts ( very tiny) which my photos might not have shown clearly .
Though I would love to have more details.
I wish Amalgam could use same level of complexity / parts number from their classic cars to the modera era GT cars. For instance their Bentley Blower has about 3000 parts whereas LaFerrari has about 1700 parts.

#21 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12176 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:19 AM

View Postrickytmk, on 11 June 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Thanks Daren! You are the one who motivated me. I regularly see your constantly upgrade great photos of ur new 1/12 and previous 1/8. Do u miss ur 1/8 much as u are giving way to 1/12 these days?

I am Glad i have motivated you as the 1/8 scale is Awesome to see,wish more larger scale models were shown on here,i love them all.I do miss the 1/8 models but as you may be aware  storage space is tight and even 1/12 model space is near the limit now.I have seen a bit of space i could have if i move the Wife's Sewing Machine on top of a cupboard  LOL.

Any chance of some close ups of the interior and the Engine please,i would love to see the close ups of these.

#22 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:59 AM

View Postdrivinghermad, on 12 June 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

View Postrickytmk, on 11 June 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

I am Glad i have motivated you as the 1/8 scale is Awesome to see,wish more larger scale models were shown on here,i love them all.I do miss the 1/8 models but as you may be aware  storage space is tight and even 1/12 model space is near the limit now.I have seen a bit of space i could have if i move the Wife's Sewing Machine on top of a cupboard  LOL.

Any chance of some close ups of the interior and the Engine please,i would love to see the close ups of these.

Lol I am afraid your 1/12 would end up stacking under the sewing machine if u dare to move it..
Here are more interior and engine with my iPhone with flash ( the only way I can get into the cabin!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I notice my steering wheel horn signals logo are missing!!! I'm not impressed!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Missing Horn logo on both side of the steering wheel!! I dont expect that could happen in Amalgam

Edited by rickytmk, 12 June 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9121 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

I dont see it...what is missing...heres the 1:1

Posted Image

Anyway, you have an amazing model my friend!

#24 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

View Postironsim, on 12 June 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

I dont see it...what is missing...heres the 1:1

Posted Image

Anyway, you have an amazing model my friend!

This is another 1/8 Amalgam LaFerrari, it looks like this
Posted Image

#25 OFFLINE   rickytmk

rickytmk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

See the horn signs on both side of steering wheel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.