Dropping off package at usps - FedEx | UPS | USPS - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Dropping off package at usps

10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:22 AM

I just dropped off a package (prepaid priority mail with insurance) 6 hours ago and it keeps saying "No tracking information found. Please verify your tracking number and try again later".

I forgot to ask them to scan it there and give me a receipt to prove that I dropped it off there. I read that if theres no proof that I dropped off, then insurance will not cover. I start to worry now. I remember in the past I dropped off a package and at night it got updated. But this time, it has not so I am wondering if this happens regularly with usps? Am I worrying too soon?

Edited by blieu118, 12 July 2016 - 12:33 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

I think you should be fine. Give it a day or two. In past similar use to happen to me when someone sends me a package. Tracking number is there, but nothing to be tracked. If you don't see anything tomorrow then go back and ask them. . .

#3 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3035 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:01 AM

Yeah I'd give it a day or two, takes a little bit for it to get updated/uploaded in the system.
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#4 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5048 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:31 AM

Ditto.  I've had USPS packages show that they were at the receiving post office for two or three days, and then suddenly they are at a transfer site, and the next day delivered.

The Lord and USPS have a lot in common.

#5 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

Thanks guys. I was pancking too soon. Mainly because the postal workers there were very rude and ignorant. I got there with my package and before I could drop it off, I took my phone out to snab shot the label on the package, one of them gave me a dirty look and said "no picture inside the post office. Take it outside!" And then they ignored me like I was there to bug them by turning their back on me.

Anyways, I am glad the package got scanned and said its in transit to its destination.

Edited by blieu118, 12 July 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

Good :)

#7 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5206 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

View Postibj40, on 12 July 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

Ditto.  I've had USPS packages show that they were at the receiving post office for two or three days, and then suddenly they are at a transfer site, and the next day delivered.

The Lord and USPS have a lot in common.

Aint that the truth Jim!!!! :10: :10:   I've mailed packages that said online for almost 4 days they were in receiving but my friend received it on the 2 day in the evening.... :dunno:  Maybe unicorns do exist!!!
Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#8 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4434 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

View Postblieu118, on 12 July 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

I just dropped off a package (prepaid priority mail with insurance) 6 hours ago and it keeps saying "No tracking information found. Please verify your tracking number and try again later".

I forgot to ask them to scan it there and give me a receipt to prove that I dropped it off there. I read that if theres no proof that I dropped off, then insurance will not cover. I start to worry now. I remember in the past I dropped off a package and at night it got updated. But this time, it has not so I am wondering if this happens regularly with usps? Am I worrying too soon?

I gave up trying to use tracking. Different postal authorities use differing coding systems. I found that the packages arrived before I could track them down. Security through insurance is usually worth the cost though. I know it's a bit late now, but always ask for a receipt.

#9 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5048 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

I've found that the tracking pass-off from other national postal services to be excellent. I just bought a model from a seller in China, and took the tracking number they posted to eBay into the USPS system, and asked for e-mail updates. System worked perfectly. Got an e-mail today which showed they tried to deliver it but it required an authorized signature (I hate that!), so I'll sign the pink form and it will be on the porch tomorrow when I get home from work.

#10 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:30 PM

I thought it wont be delivered until the following day after they came back to pick up your pink form.

Edited by blieu118, 13 July 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5048 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:34 AM

View Postblieu118, on 13 July 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

I thought it wont be delivered until the following day after they came back to pick up your pink form.

Not if you live in a small town, and know the postal route guy by the first name, and are famous due to all the packages you get, almost on a daily basis, from all over the world.

The pink slip went in the mailbox this morning, the flag's up, and there will be a box from China on the front porch when I get home tonight.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.