Shelby Collectibles GT500 super snake - Shelby Collectibles - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Shelby Collectibles GT500 super snake

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   akmon

akmon

• DX Community
  • 18 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:27 AM

Hello. I´m very interested on buying this super snake from Shelby Collectibles:

Posted Image

But I always demand that the real car actually existed. In this case I cannot find a real thing that matches 100% with this model. The most similar car I found has the front lights in different positions: model is on both sides of the grille, and the real thing has them centered.

Posted Image

Someone could help me telling me if SC model matches with a real car? If so, I would like a link with the pictures of it. Thank you.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5207 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

SC I believe made a couple variants of the GT500. Will check mine tonight to confirm. I think it's the eleanor version that has the lights centered on the grille. Prob could just swap them around or look for two and do a little modding.
Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#3 OFFLINE   akmon

akmon

• DX Community
  • 18 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:44 PM

View Postwrx_triggerhappy, on 29 September 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

SC I believe made a couple variants of the GT500. Will check mine tonight to confirm. I think it's the eleanor version that has the lights centered on the grille. Prob could just swap them around or look for two and do a little modding.

I think it´s not so easy as you said. If you watch the picture accurately, you´ll check that the grille has the mold ready for those lamps. If you remove them, the base of the lamp will still remain.

SC did a lot of versions of this mold, more than I expected. With headlamps on both sides, up in front, down in front, many colours, super snake´s kind of stripe. Even I discovered a GT500CR, with a total different engine. But I have not found pictures of all of them.

Edited by akmon, 29 September 2016 - 02:45 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5207 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:12 PM

actually i was thinking more swap the hoods if you get the same model. Same details and engine.
Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.