I hate FedEx

22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mazspd3jase

mazspd3jase

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 797 posts
  • Interests:Cars, billiards, bowling, the outdoors
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit/Otto, Norev, Welly/Welly FX, Minichamps, & yes even Bburago/Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:19 AM

I have lived in my house now for close to 6 years and in all that time, I've never had a package say it was "delivered" and not be on the doorstep.  However, today (my spouse works from home and I am a fulltime online student) were home when the "supposed" FedEx delivery was made, but no ringing of the doorbell  or knocking occurred (seems that FedEx drivers dont know how to push a button or raise their hand to knock....but USPS and UPS ALWAYS RING OR KNOCK).  To boot, we were both in the living room by which is pretty much just a few steps away from the front door.  Long story short is that I knew that a delivery of two diecasts was coming today and I had of course checked the Fedex site a few times and even peeked out the door to no avail.  Well, 6pm rolled around and I was like "damn they must be running late today" so i checked the site and it said my deliver had "been left on front stoop, no signature required".  Excited, I go look out front but nothing is there (mind you two other boxes had been left earlier by USPS, who had the courtesy to at least ring the door bell).  So at this point, either some scum bag swiped the package off the porch or FedEx misdelivered or the driver made off with my package(easy to do since "no signature" is required.  So of course, I'm pissed off to all hell because I feel that I've just wasted $136 bucks!  I call FedEx and am essentially told that because the seller did not require any sort of signature, their driver "did what they were supposed to".  In my mind, they have the worst customer service and I'll never willfully give them my business because of this.  The only saving grace is that I bought the items on ebay and they supposedly "qualify" for the money back guarentee...so I filed a claim and as a courtesy at least let the seller (a seller I've bought from many times and never had any delivery issues with....other than the fact that they use FedEx almost religiously and never require signatures for deliveries).
So this is my dilemma....who is to really blame here?  FedEx for their inept abilities (is it really that difficult to ring the door bell or knock)?  The seller for not requiring a signature on over $100 dollars worth of merchandise (from what i just found on FedEx's site, there is a cost for a required signature, but as a buyer and a seller, I think the "peace of mind" factor is worth the extra cost). Or if it is the case, the piece of crap who decided to steal right off my door step (in that case me because we cant "trust" people anymore)?
Now I'm left waiting to see if I hear back from ebay seller on a resolution and/or escalating my problem in order to get a refund of what I paid.  On top of that, I'm left to ponder whether I should install a wifi security camera high enough up to deter thieves (if that was the case with my missing package) and one that alerts me via a text when someone approaches the door.

Anyhow, I had to vent.  Have any of you other collectors had similar delivery snafus?  If so, what service was the culprit?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Wolf19

Wolf19

• DX Community
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:working on real cars, 1:18 cars,and other DIY at home stuff.
  • Number of Models:currently at 57 pieces.
  • Favorite Brands:Sunstar
  • Proud Citizen of: sk

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:18 AM

I think this is the stupidity of some of the US postal services.I know for example in both my native home town and country I live in right now. regardless of which courier delivers the goods if they can't find you at home they drop a card in the mailbox  with details as to how to re arrange delivery, or location of the postal storage hub ,where you can go and pick up your items yourself, or leave it with your next door neighbor - anyways they leave a note so You'd know where your goods are.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Edited by Wolf19, 01 October 2016 - 02:19 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1815 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

First I am sorry for your loss. Good luck with getting your money back.
When I lived in CA same thing happened to me, twice. But issue was with USPS. In both cases only thing I got from USPS was "We're sorry". After that I had to put sign on my door to tell them to take packages to apartment complex office. . .
In my opinion this is a list of people to blame:
1. One who stole the package.
2. Delivery man for not having enough bran to realize that package could be stolen.
3. People who are getting money from your taxes to taking care about safety in your neighborhood.

Also, I don't know how much you use to deal with FedEx but from all carriers they are my favorite. They always deliver the package by 3pm and if they miss you they will leave the note and you can go to their office and pick it up the same day. After that post office. Only thing I don't like is I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up. UPS is last and I really hate them due to their stupid system of delivering and picking up packages. . .

#4 OFFLINE   ttgxc

ttgxc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 305 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Minichamps, Otto-Models, BoS

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

I at least don't think it's the sellers fault. They followed through with the sale and shipped it until delivery. Why should it be their fault if someone steals it off your porch or fedex misdelivers it? If you were concerned about a signature, I am sure they would have added it if you requested and paid for it. I think filing a claim against them is unjust. You will probably lose the case anyway since the tracking shows "delivered." They also now may block you from future purchases.

I would file a claim with FedEx. Sounds like they might have delivered it to the wrong address. I would call to speak with someone again, not do it online.

Edited by ttgxc, 01 October 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#5 ONLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4453 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

My experience with FedEx is all good. Same with DHL. UPS are a bunch of imbeciles. I have never had a delivery from them go according to plan. So much so, I will not deal with any company who insist on using them, and I tell e-bay sellers I will not accept any item shipped through them. I have had problems in a private capacity, and in two different employment environments. One was an issue with using metric weights to a customer in the US who only understood imperial. He was paying, but could not get a shipping price at his end. We had to get out the calculator and convert 21st century into 18th.........   :giggle:

#6 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

If you didn't leave specific instructions e.g. 'leave by front door in porch', then really FedEx are to blame, as they haven't delivered the parcel properly... :twocents:
Having said that I would still put in a claim against the sellers, as essentially FedEx are acting as their agents in the sale..and until it is resolved they need to be part of the equation..as they can also apply pressure on Fedx to come up with the goods...

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3035 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

I've had it marked as delivered and then gotten it the next day so maybe there's hope, I'd take a breath. Also, do you have a drop box down the road or anything like that? Long story short, I'd wait 1 extra day and hope for that! Best of luck!
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#8 OFFLINE   schuifelhoofd

schuifelhoofd

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • Interests:Too much & not enough time
  • Number of Models:+220
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl, AW, AUTOart, Highway61.....
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

Fedex s***s.
Posted Image

Shame many of those companies simply don't seem to care....sorry bout your loss.

Sven's collection on DX
Sven's collectors registry (got list) on Scale18

#9 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1815 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

^ I hope that idiot got fired. . .

#10 OFFLINE   MSZ

MSZ

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3216 posts
  • Favorite Brands:OttOmobile/GT Spirit/Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

lol Never seen that gif before, classic fedex at its finest!

#11 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30976 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

Fed Ex are to blame! Signature required or not, they should have rung the door bell. It sounds like they didn't bother to come by at all. You can't blame the seller, BUT as they didn't send with signature required ebay etc will side with you.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#12 OFFLINE   The Paladin

The Paladin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 340 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Autoart, Welly
  • Proud Citizen of: cl

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

Wow, thats awfull, I hate recieving things with any of those companies, Fedex, DHL, UPS, they are freaking expensive and they always charge taxes, so basically if the seller doesnt use regular post office then a I dont buy.

#13 OFFLINE   mazspd3jase

mazspd3jase

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 797 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit/Otto, Norev, Welly/Welly FX, Minichamps, & yes even Bburago/Maisto

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

For me, both the UPS and USPS delivery people have always been the most courteous....always knock or ring the door bell.  Fed Ex is never timely here and always seem to be in a huge rush.

All in all, I def. dont blame the seller.....they did what they were supposed to and in my message to them, I assured them I did not believe it was their fault.  It really is a fed ex issue.....they are the only ones who never ring my door bell or knock...both USPS and UPS ALWAYS ring/knock.  I've even had a note by the door asking that they knock/ring door bell.  At any rate, perhaps it'll still show up...but as its been marked "delivered" on fedex's side, I am not holding my breath.  On the claim, I was assured by the E-bay agent that it does not reflect poorly on the seller  I have perfect feedback as both a buyer and seller....with a strong track history, the ebay agent said it shouldnt be an issue....

Lastly, as for the person calling filing a claim "unjust"....I dont meant to be rude....but I dont see how filing a claim with ebay is "wrong"....again, ebay is not "holding the seller responsible" for my loss......that's the whole point of them having the money-back guarentee on ebay. I hope something like this never happens to you....but then perhaps I should assume you'd just eat the loss?  It  would be a whole different story IF i had done this habitually or something...but as I said, never ever had a delivery issue in the 6 years living in my house (other than the fact that I notice FedEx never knocks).  And on the signature issue, MOST sellers do not offer that as an option on ebay...you have to basically go with whomever they choose to ship with.  

In the end, It could have simply amounted to a "theft of opportunity"  However, if that's the case, in my mind, how fricking hard is it to ring a doorbell or knock on a door if you are delivering a package?  hell, YOU ARE RIGHT BY THE DOOR WHEN YOU DROP THE PACKAGE OFF?!?!?!

View Postschuifelhoofd, on 01 October 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Fedex s***s.
Posted Image

Shame many of those companies simply don't seem to care....sorry bout your loss.
this is exactly how I've seen fedex drivers act.....and if anyone here works for them....I dont mean to say ALL Drivers are like this....but the ones that deliver to my house are consistently inconsiderate.

View PostCreepyVanMan, on 01 October 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

I've had it marked as delivered and then gotten it the next day so maybe there's hope, I'd take a breath. Also, do you have a drop box down the road or anything like that? Long story short, I'd wait 1 extra day and hope for that! Best of luck!
Hope you are right....maybe it'll show up monday...but not holding my breath since the site says "left on front porch, no signature required".

View PostCraig, on 01 October 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

Fed Ex are to blame! Signature required or not, they should have rung the door bell. It sounds like they didn't bother to come by at all. You can't blame the seller, BUT as they didn't send with signature required ebay etc will side with you.
I hope so....the ebay rep was really nice and said it would not likely be an issue.  she said that as a courtesy, I should write the seller about the situation....and I was sure to let them know I did not blame them or anything rude like that.

#14 OFFLINE   schuifelhoofd

schuifelhoofd

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • Interests:Too much & not enough time
  • Number of Models:+220
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl, AW, AUTOart, Highway61.....
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

There's these ones too:

Posted Image

I hope this was not your package
Posted Image

Check your roof for "delivered"
Posted Image

Sven's collection on DX
Sven's collectors registry (got list) on Scale18

#15 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

^ :wtff: .... :bawling: :mad2:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   ttgxc

ttgxc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 305 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

It doesn't matter what the outcome of an eBay claim is, if one is filed for any reason, it hurts the sellers defect rating which in turn could affect their fees in the future. If you do or do not think they are to blame, it doesn't matter since you opened a case. It's not against eBay, it's against the seller.

How do you know it isn't affecting the seller? There are sometimes situations where eBay might cover the cost, but more than likely the seller had the price of the transaction frozen in their PayPal account.

Did you file this claim the same day that the package was "delivered"? I would have given the seller a little courtesy with time to see if the issue could be resolved with FedEx. Especially nothing would happen over the weekend anyway.

Edited by ttgxc, 01 October 2016 - 11:19 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   loostik boyz

loostik boyz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1383 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: fr

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:50 AM

I work for FedEx...
All companies are the same, just people are different

Edited by loostik boyz, 02 October 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#18 OFFLINE   mazspd3jase

mazspd3jase

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:04 AM

View Postschuifelhoofd, on 01 October 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

There's these ones too:

Posted Image

I hope this was not your package
Posted Image

Check your roof for "delivered"
Posted Image
hilarious....thanks for the laugh

View Postloostik boyz, on 02 October 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

I work for FedEx...
All companies are the same, just people are different
I can fully appreciate that...and you are completely right...as I said this just appears to be my experience with the Fedex drivers that are in my area....have heard the same sort of complaints on a neighborhood message board in my area....and while they reference all companies, more tend to be about FedEx.  Again, It is likely they delivered....my issue is the fact that we were home (and have been on other delivery days) and they fail to even bother to ring the door bell or knock.  More than likely someone probably seized an opportunity and simply stole the package. a simple courtesy ring or knock on the door is what my rant is really about.

#19 OFFLINE   mazspd3jase

mazspd3jase

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:27 AM

View Postttgxc, on 01 October 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

It doesn't matter what the outcome of an eBay claim is, if one is filed for any reason, it hurts the sellers defect rating which in turn could affect their fees in the future. If you do or do not think they are to blame, it doesn't matter since you opened a case. It's not against eBay, it's against the seller.

How do you know it isn't affecting the seller? There are sometimes situations where eBay might cover the cost, but more than likely the seller had the price of the transaction frozen in their PayPal account.

Did you file this claim the same day that the package was "delivered"? I would have given the seller a little courtesy with time to see if the issue could be resolved with FedEx. Especially nothing would happen over the weekend anyway.

hmmm, well I am going on the "statement" given to me by the ebay customer service rep.....stating that it does not count against the seller.  Perhaps she was lying to me?

To be honest, while I can respect your point of view and comments, even IF i had messaged the seller first, it's not like I can validly expect for them to refund me the money or "resend" two more cars.  THEY did exactly what they were supposed to as a seller(shipped the items and supplied a tracking number). So what am I supposed to do...just eat the cost?  I don't know about you or your situation.... but I work hard for my money, and don't just randomly think its ok to just say "screw it, I'm out $136 bucks".

As for FedEx, I called them before contacting ebay; the response from the service rep was just I as expected...the rep told me that because there was no "signature required", their driver did his job properly, and they'd "get back to me" if it turned out there was a mistake and the package was incorrectly marked as "delivered"  In either case, while they are technically right that if the package was delivered, their driver had "correctly done their job", my ISSUE is that the drivers that have dropped packages off at my house NEVER bother to ring the doorbell or knock (and I know this because both my spouse and I work from home M-F).

Lastly, the seller will of course have every right to "block me" if they choose, but there are plenty of other sellers out there selling the same exact models, so while I may only be one customer, ultimately their loss...not mine.  From my perspective, as an Ebay customer,  i have the right to file a claim.  The system wouldn't be in place if there wasnt a need for it.

#20 OFFLINE   mazspd3jase

mazspd3jase

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:39 AM

anyhow, thanks for listening folks!

Edited by mazspd3jase, 02 October 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#21 OFFLINE   ttgxc

ttgxc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:47 AM

I don't think you should eat the cost at all. I think you should keep pressing FedEx. They of course going to try to blow you off. Either they scanned it incorrectly or mis-delivered it. I would call them again and restate the case. Sounds like they didn't even attempt to contact the driver or check his scan logs. I also wouldn't bring up the idea that it could have been stolen from your doorstep.

#22 OFFLINE   mkhabbaz

mkhabbaz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1304 posts
  • Interests:Engineering. Cobas. Gardening. Animal husbandry. The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:36 PM

This is from the FedEx Site:

A.The declared value of any package represents our maximum liability in connection with a shipment of that package, including, but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery, nondelivery, misinformation, any failure to provide information, or misdelivery of information relating to the shipment. It is the shipper's responsibility to prove actual damages. Exposure to and risk of any loss in excess of the declared value is assumed by the shipper. You may transfer this risk to an insurance carrier of your choice through the purchase of an insurance policy. Contact an insurance agent or broker if you desire insurance coverage. WE DO NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE OF ANY KIND.
B.With respect to U.S. express package services, unless a higher value is declared and paid for, our liability for each package is limited to US$100. For each package exceeding US$100 in declared value, an additional amount will be charged for each US$100 in value or fraction thereof. See Rates in the FedEx Service Guide for details.

Read the fine print, youre covered for $100.

http://www.fedex.com...amedaycity.html
I'll take that one and that one and that one!

Take a look at my Muscle Cars! Vroom Screech Beep!
http://www.diecastxc...nged-diecaster/

#23 OFFLINE   mazspd3jase

mazspd3jase

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

thanks for the info guys....never had to deal with this before, so it's all new to me.......frustratingly new.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.