I don't get it..... - DX Model Petitions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

I don't get it.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cocojoe53

cocojoe53

• DX Community
  • 10 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:41 PM

I really don't understand the die cast car business. Why would they not make a 1/18th of the 2015-17 Shelby 350/350R???. I see all these requests for odd ball cars, but not one for what would be a very popular model .

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ///M meister

///M meister

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2655 posts
  • Interests:Cars, BMW, F1, New England Patriots, Aston Villa FC, TV, Movies, Pop! Vinyls.
  • Number of Models:Not enough
  • Favorite Brands:Anything 1:43 that I want
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:11 AM

GT spirit have just released a sealed resin GT350-R in white with black stripes. I know it's a sealed resin model, but it does look good.

TOM

My 1:43 collection thread will be made soon!

#3 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4459 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:46 AM

View Postcocojoe53, on 17 November 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

I really don't understand the die cast car business. Why would they not make a 1/18th of the 2015-17 Shelby 350/350R???. I see all these requests for odd ball cars, but not one for what would be a very popular model .
If you want a traditional 'all opening' diecast, it will need time to get accuracy right, and operating features to be close tolerance. And if you don't like dog legs, expect it to be at the higher end of the price market. My GT Spirit version cost me €100 inc shipping. If Norev were to do one in the same price bracket and it was around the same quality as their recent best efforts I would be at the head of the queue......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.