DiecastXchange Forum banner

Priority Mail is a joke

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  protzenegger 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
First a bit of background: I have everything shipped to my work address (and have had dozens of packages mailed here with no issues, even internationally, for ages), as we have a logistics manager who receives and sorts them, then alerts us individually of packages received. So when Stu pointed me to what would be my first Make Up model, naturally I was super excited and did what I always do, requesting shipment to this address.

I ordered the model from Miniwerks, who shipped it on Friday with Priority Mail 2-day. Sure enough, USPS tracking said I'd receive it Monday, and indeed it was listed that day as "Out for Delivery" before 9 AM. The day went by with nothing delivered, then I see this morning that it was supposedly delivered around 11:30 AM yesterday, which of course never happened.

Turns out there was a new guy doing the route on our street, and we received some packages that day intended for an address across the street.

Did I mention our street address is written in white on a giant black sign visible from either direction of travel?

See less See more
#2 ·
That sucks man. I know for our area the deliveries are split between two post offices but only one is the main so at 7am they will list things out for delivery but the delivery may fall between that current day or early the next morning....whichever is "easier" for USPS.

Hopefully they figure it out asap. But in the end you may need to knock on doors as some at USPS are about as dumb as they come. Because otherwise you'll be canceling that order and getting a refund....or hopefully your neighbors might be honest and deliver it to you.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just took a break and went knocking on those doors. Both businesses across the street said nothing's been received there that was meant for us, but that this apparently happens on a regular basis and they always deliver stuff to us that they get in error. They also have huge signs with their addresses on them

Oh, and Sam - I figured the model would have to arrive somewhere before being marked as delivered, no? I would have been fine waiting until evening for delivery as long as it actually got here. Even if it were after I already left for the day...

This is aggravating
Hopefully it will sort itself out for the better, that model was harder to find than Osama.

#5 ·
UPDATE: After a few conversations with USPS, turns out of course the package was dropped off next door at a place I couldn't even check because the building was locked up in the middle of the day with nobody at reception. A week to get to its destination from 3 hours away

Reading is hard, I guess.

#7 ·
I learned the first time couriers can just be plain stupid. When my exhaust was delivered, I was home waiting and "ping" a message saying it was delivered on my phone. But it was not at the front door. I panicked thinking it had been stolen. Went to my neighbors but didn't think about checking the house down the street from my apartment. It got to evening, had many arguments with the USPS and then finally they called and said oh yeah its down the street. I went over there and no box. Knocked at the door and it turns out they were going to keep my exhaust. We argued. The name quite clearly said my name and address not theirs.

So I called the cops and waited for them to arrive. The box was returned very quickly. Plus it was the first time that house had cops show up as well. I bitched out USPS, saw the delivery man again, bitched him out as well. There are many dishonest people in this world and it doesn't help that they work for companies who we pay to deliver our parcels.

Hope you were able to get the delivery. Situations like that truly blow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.