Senna's Alfa Romeos - DX 1:43 (and smaller) Collectors - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Senna's Alfa Romeos

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars and music
  • Favorite Brands:Bang, M4, Ixo, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:00 AM

I'm a massive lover and fan of anything Alfa Romeo ever since I can remember. The greatest experience has been travelling to all of my football away days covering hundreds of kilometers in my dad's 147 GTA. While it is not a classic, there's just something about these cars!

I decided to focus my 1/43 collecting solely on Alfa Romeos. Anything Alfa Romeo, from any year and any genre, I will add it to my collection!

I am not a photography expert, but I have done my best here, please enjoy what I have to show!

First I will start in 1938 with the iconic and glorious 8C 2900B Loungo. I find everything about this car beautiful, from the paint job to the wire wheels. This particular model was made by TSM and they have done an amazing job with it! The details as you can see are quite amazing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:10 AM

Next is the 1956 Alfa Romeo 1900 Super made by M4 Models Italy. It was tough to find much information about this particular Alfa Romeo. However, the shape of this vehicle is quite consistent with all other Alfa Romeos of the 1950s decade. The beauty of this car has grown on me over time. In fact, I simply bought this model to keep shipping costs down when purchasing others! It has now turned out to be one of my favourites.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:23 AM

Now for perhaps my most favourite car of all time, the Alfa Romeo Giulietta SS of 1959. These two models were also made by M4 models of Italy. 1959 was the release year of the Giulietta SS, with many alternative and slightly altered versions being released until 1963 when the line was ended. I'm looking at you Alfa Romeo to release some sort of modern homage to this historic car! The recent hatchback Giuliettas do not do justice to this famous name!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2342 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

Lovely stuff Senna. The details on 8C 2900B Loungo is absolutely gorgeous. Have u considered the Alfa partwork collection from Europe? I think they did the 1/43 and 1/24 run and most look pretty amazing.

Edited by jazzy426, 07 April 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2213 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

great stuff :) I think the 1900 was a pretty important car in Alfa's history, setting the template for its sporting saloon formula. It would be great to see more of your Alfa collection :)

#6 OFFLINE   Arnage

Arnage

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 938 posts
  • Interests:Modern and classic cars
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:CMC & Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

Keep them coming beautiful Alfa you have!
See my collection here
Instagram:
@stradale333

#7 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for all the kind words guys!!!

Still in the 1950s now with the 1954 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint. This model was made by Bang Models Italy.

Another fantastic looking design here from Alfa Romeo. With this vehicle it is clear to see the Alfa Romeo trend of the 1950s! I think now I must find a Giulietta Spider to put together with the entire Giulietta family.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another Giulietta Sprint now, but I believe this is more of a fantasy model idea by AM.71 Miniatures. It is supposedly an Autodelta on-road service vehicle. Whether or not it is a fantasy car, it looks fantastic and is a well made custom. I believe the base model was in fact a Solido model and when placed side by side with the higher quality Bang product, you can easily see the differences. I believe the Solido base car is a little larger than scale.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A great pairing in my eyes!!

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2213 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

oooh, getting even better now! :-) 1954 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint is an exercise is elegance. It's quite a minimalist design, yet it looks well-bred, wealthy, if that makes any sense? Which Alfa is next then, mate? :-)

#9 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

View PostScuddy, on 08 April 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

oooh, getting even better now! :-) 1954 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint is an exercise is elegance. It's quite a minimalist design, yet it looks well-bred, wealthy, if that makes any sense? Which Alfa is next then, mate? :-)

Makes complete sense, I agree with you! Next will just be some bonus Giulietta stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3652 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

Great collection so far Alon. Like you Alfas have an amazing allure. It seems that Alfa is finally starting to lift it's game! The 50's and 60's coachbuilt Alfa Romeos are my favourites - I look forward to seeing this collection go from strength to strength.

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

View Postsimondc07, on 08 April 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

Great collection so far Alon. Like you Alfas have an amazing allure. It seems that Alfa is finally starting to lift it's game! The 50's and 60's coachbuilt Alfa Romeos are my favourites - I look forward to seeing this collection go from strength to strength.

Thanks for the kind words Simon, I know I can be quite alluring! :giggle:
I am trying to fill my collection with as many 50s and 60s Alfas as possible, before I move onto the more recent decades, as this is also my favourite period for Alfa Romeo. I completely agree with you, with the new Giulia that's out now, I have high hopes for the future!

#12 OFFLINE   Calvin

Calvin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Favorite Brands:BBR, Tecnomodel, Frontiart, Looksmart
  • Proud Citizen of: pt

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

Nice stuff! I´m also an Alfa Romeo fan! That´s the reason why i have one 1:1! :nice:

#13 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostCalvin, on 12 April 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Nice stuff! I´m also an Alfa Romeo fan! That´s the reason why i have one 1:1! :nice:

Which one do you drive?

Now it is time for the 2600 Sprint Zagato from 1967 by Neo. Ugo Zagato passed away in 1968, so I'm guessing this may have been one of the final cars he worked on with his sons. What a fantastic way to leave behind a legacy! The design of this car is unique and spectacular, especially the headlights and front grille.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2213 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:43 AM

Zagato certainly had a very unique approach to design, and a long association with Alfa. The 2600 is an Alfa I don't quite get, but Zagato's treatment of it brings it alive in my eyes. Nice :)

#15 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

Today I present the 1962 Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint, the brother of the 2600 SZ, made by Bang Models Italy. This model is fantastically detailed and accurate for a 1/43, and for the price it is an incredible deal. Perforated grills, detailed interior and an excellent paint job for just $40!!!

The design of the car itself is typical of Alfa Romeos of the 1960s and is extremely similar to the 2000 Sprint (Still looking for a good version of one of these, most likely another Bang Model).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

sweet :) interesting that it has the offset number plate, even though unlike the 147/156 etc, the 'scudetto' isn't in the way.

that's a neat diecast for sure :)

#17 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:35 AM

View PostScuddy, on 14 May 2017 - 05:27 AM, said:

sweet :) interesting that it has the offset number plate, even though unlike the 147/156 etc, the 'scudetto' isn't in the way.

that's a neat diecast for sure :)

It certainly is a great model!

Today I'll post something a little different. It's another one of those 'not sure if it really existed' models, but it's still extremely cool. An Alfa Romeo Giulia Break/Wagon service vehicle. Now the Alfa Romeo Giulia Break did in fact exist, but whether or not this specific service van did is another story. To me it's a great variant of the typical Giulia, that was popular with services and the police.

Images from the net:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for the model by AM.71!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Together with another service vehicle!

Posted Image

Thanks for looking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.