How to remove the center mounting section on most push on wheels? - Wheels, Brakes and Stance works - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

How to remove the center mounting section on most push on wheels?

2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wazabi

Wazabi

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 202 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Hotwheels, Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

I can't figure this part out. I have several wheel swaps lined up, but I have a common problem. I want to completely remove or reduce the inner mounting point on certain "push on style" wheels. Dremel? If so, what attachment? I can't get any tools inside the wheel to do any cutting, unless i get some smaller wire cutters, and just hack at it. i know this has been covered before, but everytime i search for stuff, it's super old results, and images aren't hosted anymore.

See image below
Posted Image

Edited by Wazabi, 25 April 2017 - 12:38 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5021 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

Dremel Cutter

You might try one of these to see if it is small enough to fit between the post and the inside of the wheel.

The other suggestion I would have would be to use a couple of drill bits that are slightly larger than the inside of the post, and maybe run one in, and then follow with the other to where the plastic of the post is thin enough to break off, and then finish the bottom of the wheel with a burr bit.

#3 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2826 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: no

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:06 AM

I do this all the time, by hand. I simply drill it out with a drill bit until there is just a stub at the end. Then I go chop, chop with a small side cutter. I dont bother with making it super smooth since it cant be seen from any angle.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.