Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 - DX 1:43 (and smaller) - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 891 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

As the owner of a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, I've been looking for a decent model for ages.

For years the only model available in 1/43 scale was the cheap, poorly detailed and rough looking offering from Trofeu.

Then a few years ago, two very smart looking models of the 4 cylinder and 2.5 V6 engined versions in resin appeared by WITS, a company I wasn't aware of and so I missed the chance to acquire these.

And that was that. I owned an obscure car, that nobody was going to make a model of. Or so I thought.

Earlier this year, I wandered into a local model shop (yes, they still exist in England here and there), and saw, sitting in the corner of the showcase, this cracking little model by Ixo.

And having been made aware of this model in it's 1987 guise finished in metallic silver/ green, it wasn't too long before I tracked the later, 1990 version in two tone period correct black over silver.

Both models are on offer for a modest price and both have excellent detailing throughout. All comments welcome.

Attached Files

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars and music
  • Favorite Brands:Bang, M4, Ixo, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Fantastic little models mate! Ixo are great value for money, I have quite a few myself.

The details on these Galants look especially good! Those don't look like the normal Ixo bases though, were they some sort of special edition?

#3 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9121 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

I remember seeing similar cars on the road in Canada, but im not sure if they were Mitsubishi or Dodge, those little models look good!

#4 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 891 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

View Postsennagts, on 24 May 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

Fantastic little models mate! Ixo are great value for money, I have quite a few myself.

The details on these Galants look especially good! Those don't look like the normal Ixo bases though, were they some sort of special edition?

Thanks for the comments and appreciation. You're absolutely correct - I took the pictures on another mount, because the normal Ixo stand is angled and tilted, and I couldn't quite get the angle right for the photograph.

What are the best Ixo models in your collection?

View Postironsim, on 24 May 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

I remember seeing similar cars on the road in Canada, but im not sure if they were Mitsubishi or Dodge, those little models look good!

Thanks. The "VR-4" version Galant wasn't officially exported from Japan until the later 8th generation 2.5 litre version.

#5 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars and music
  • Favorite Brands:Bang, M4, Ixo, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

My favourite Ixo in my collection is a tough question to answer!! I love my Le Mans and FIA GT Aston Martin DBR9s, they have fantastic detail.

But my favourite is definitely the FIA GT winning Vitaphone MC12. It was in fact my first ever model and Ixo did an amazing job with the paint, perforated vents and grilles and even the interior! For $30 a pop, I still find Ixo the best value for money in 1/43!

Edited by sennagts, 24 May 2017 - 08:37 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 891 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

View Postsennagts, on 24 May 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

My favourite Ixo in my collection is a tough question to answer!! I love my Le Mans and FIA GT Aston Martin DBR9s, they have fantastic detail.

But my favourite is definitely the FIA GT winning Vitaphone MC12. It was in fact my first ever model and Ixo did an amazing job with the paint, perforated vents and grilles and even the interior! For $30 a pop, I still find Ixo the best value for money in 1/43!

This is the first Ixo model I've bought in over 10 years. This model seems to be a much higher level in terms of detail than I've come to expect froma budget model maker. The chassis detail is very well rendered and painted. The subtle differences between the 1987 and 1990 versions are correct. And the interior has photo-etched foot pedals, that you can't see unless you take the model apart (which I did)!

#7 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2350 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

wow they dont look 1/43 at all if you didn't mention they are 1/43 I would have thought these are new released 1/18. Frankly they look better than some of the 1/18 sealed stuff you get these days.

#8 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Many years ago my parents owned one like the first one above. It was all white and had some nice punch. I learned to drive in it. Along with a 86 Celica manual! I am old LOL!

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 891 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 24 May 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

wow they dont look 1/43 at all if you didn't mention they are 1/43 I would have thought these are new released 1/18. Frankly they look better than some of the 1/18 sealed stuff you get these days.
Thanks. Fujumi make a 1/24 plastic kit but you need more skill than I have to build one to look as good as this smaller Ixo.

View PostJosh, on 24 May 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Many years ago my parents owned one like the first one above. It was all white and had some nice punch. I learned to drive in it. Along with a 86 Celica manual! I am old LOL!

Lol. I am even older. I still have my Gslant VR-4, but it is the later V6 version. I hope Ixo makes that in 1/43 too.

View PostJosh, on 24 May 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Lol. I am even older. I still have my Gslant VR-4, but it is the later V6 version. I hope Ixo makes that in 1/43 too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.