Need for Speed Payback - DX Gaming - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Need for Speed Payback

6 replies to this topic

Poll: NFS Payback

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What do you think of the new title to the franchise?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Red_Baron

Red_Baron

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2826 posts
  • Favorite Brands:TSM, Welly,HWE, Almost Real
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:22 AM

What do you think of the new addition to the NFS franchise?

Aye or Nay? Post your opinions below!

If you ask me, its a 100% Nay. Should have just called it the NFS: Same Shit, Different Name :giggle: I've been playing NFS since the era of Underground 2 right up to Carbon on console. Most say that NFS is dead, and I believe them. They completely lost their game. :wtff:
If you see me bombing loads of pics on a thread, DO NOT QUOTE THE POST

Posted ImagePosted Image
<< RUN!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ///M meister

///M meister

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2655 posts
  • Interests:Cars, BMW, F1, New England Patriots, Aston Villa FC, TV, Movies, Pop! Vinyls.
  • Number of Models:Not enough
  • Favorite Brands:Anything 1:43 that I want
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:36 AM

Need for Speed died after pro street for me, that was the last decent-ish one they made. Underground 2 was the best, I loved that game so much when I was a kid. This new game "Payback" looks even worse than the last one, it's looks like a fast and furious movie, which kinda says it all really. :lamende:

TOM

My 1:43 collection thread will be made soon!

#3 OFFLINE   Petey

Petey

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1297 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

Looks awesome, my only concern is the weird handling the last game had, hope that's gone and it's back to a simple arcade setup. They're fun games with cool cars, tuning and cop chases.. they're not underground 2 but there will never be another underground 2
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Red_Baron

Red_Baron

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2826 posts
  • Favorite Brands:TSM, Welly,HWE, Almost Real
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

View Post///M meister, on 12 June 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Need for Speed died after pro street for me, that was the last decent-ish one they made. Underground 2 was the best, I loved that game so much when I was a kid. This new game "Payback" looks even worse than the last one, it's looks like a fast and furious movie, which kinda says it all really. :lamende:

I stopped playing at carbon. The titles that came after it did not really grow on me. Gone were the days when we had full customization from top to bottom in NFS with autosculpt (for carbon).
If you see me bombing loads of pics on a thread, DO NOT QUOTE THE POST

Posted ImagePosted Image
<< RUN!

#5 OFFLINE   viper83

viper83

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Favorite Brands:BBR, MR, Resin, Frontiart
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:07 AM

I stopped playing when every game started to feel like cops and robbers. They need to lose the cops.

Also Forza 7 was shown at E3 yesterday and it looks amazing :eusa_clap:

#6 OFFLINE   Rust-MyEnemy

Rust-MyEnemy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 270 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Unbelievably...Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Need for Speed ended for me at the end of Road and Track Magazine's involvement. That means before NFS2 was released.

When it first came out on 3DO and PC in '95 (and then Playstation and Saturn) it really was like an interactive Top Gear where you could drive the cars after learning about them.

Then it became just another driving game.

#7 OFFLINE   PacMan

PacMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 380 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Everything
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

I actually like the Fast and Furious movies but this trailer feels like a low-budget version of those. It also has too much of a whiff of The Run about it. I think Most Wanted was the closest they came to pulling off a racing-game-with-a-plot trick. All the other plot-heavy Need for Speeds like Undercover and The Run have sucked. I played the latest Need for Speed recently and the car controls were very weird. How did they get from Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon to this? I am also one of the few people who really enjoyed Pro Street. I think the car customization on that was the best we ever saw.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.