Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6600 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

i bought this one used, was a good price, but the paint needed a polish up. it was polished, and i also painted the insides of the exhausts matt black. the TVR front logo is a bit worn and has seen better days.
the model is quite good for the price, there is not the typical dog legs on the doors, and the disc brakes rotates while the caliper is fixed. it is possible this model will see some upgrading.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9122 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

It looks beautiful, the best looking TVR imo! Love that color

#3 OFFLINE   PacMan

PacMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 380 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Everything
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

My absolute favourite TVR. Such a mad deranged looking thing!! And that colour is awesome. Love this.
I swear my eBay search history matches the list of topics you've posted almost exactly now. :giggle:

Edited by PacMan, 11 July 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#4 ONLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1620 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

Very nice, I have one too but the paint on yours just gleams!

Base
@basegtr

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11687 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

That is an AMAZING model!! :eusa_clap: The international shippers "lost" mine with other significant cars!! :bawling: :gaah: :mad2:  Congrats Alex! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#6 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3861 posts
  • Interests:Instagram - @themodelcarcritic
    Facebook - The Model Car Critic
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC, GT Spirit, Top Marques

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

Maddest looking TVR out there! The paint looks so liquidy, it's stunning Alex. Bit annoyed I sold mine but hopefully the LS Collectibles will be a decent replacement.
Please check out my collection thread HERE
Posted Image
Review portfolio: https://themodelcarcritic.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook...modelcarcritic/
Instagram page: @themodelcarcritic
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzS5wbCpLx-e7XxMDJa7SqA

#7 OFFLINE   spikyone

spikyone

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, TSM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

View Postmcaf123, on 12 July 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

Maddest looking TVR out there! The paint looks so liquidy, it's stunning Alex. Bit annoyed I sold mine but hopefully the LS Collectibles will be a decent replacement.

I love the Sagaris, and this does look great.  Prices on eBay are insane - what was this, £20 new?  And now selling for £100!  Sad to say that on past performance, LS is likely to be poor.  We need to persuade Spark or GTS to make 1/18 TVRs.  Surely Spark should be making the T400R Le Mans cars too, I'd happily buy both the Synergy and DeWalt version...

Posted Image

:drool5:   'Nuff said, right?

Posted Image

Collection thread (to be updated)

#8 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3861 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:03 AM

View Postspikyone, on 12 July 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

I love the Sagaris, and this does look great.  Prices on eBay are insane - what was this, £20 new?  And now selling for £100!  Sad to say that on past performance, LS is likely to be poor.  We need to persuade Spark or GTS to make 1/18 TVRs.  Surely Spark should be making the T400R Le Mans cars too, I'd happily buy both the Synergy and DeWalt version...

Those racers look wicked!
As to the past LS products I get it, but as someone who helps with the design of LS/Top Marques/GP Replicas models I and others are really trying to make sure this model breaks that poor run! Chameleon colour would be nice as well :twocents:
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   spikyone

spikyone

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, TSM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

View Postmcaf123, on 12 July 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

As to the past LS products I get it, but as someone who helps with the design of LS/Top Marques/GP Replicas models I and others are really trying to make sure this model breaks that poor run! Chameleon colour would be nice as well :twocents:

That's interesting to know, from your reviews you have great attention to detail so hopefully it will be good :hope:  Next time you get in touch with them, can you ask them to look at the A pillars?  From their "box of bits" on the FB page, it looked like they were going to make the same mistake as Revell/Jadi - the windscreen should wrap around it, with only a thin black strip separating it from the side window.  No body colour on the A pillar at all.

Posted Image

Metallic red with gunmetal alloys would look lovely too :nice:

@Alex - sorry for the hijack!

Posted Image

Collection thread (to be updated)

#10 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3861 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

View Postspikyone, on 12 July 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

That's interesting to know, from your reviews you have great attention to detail so hopefully it will be good :hope:  Next time you get in touch with them, can you ask them to look at the A pillars?  From their "box of bits" on the FB page, it looked like they were going to make the same mistake as Revell/Jadi - the windscreen should wrap around it, with only a thin black strip separating it from the side window.  No body colour on the A pillar at all.

Thanks for that piece of advice, I've just raised it as a suggestion!
Sorry for the hijack as well Alex :occasion14:
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31706 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

I absolutely love the Sagaris, it's a pretty cool model too!! I wish that there had been more colours available, Jadi were supposed to make an Orange & a Green one, but they never came. Nice pics Alex, you've really been on a roll lately!!

Please make an outstanding model & offer it in some cool colours :hope:  I sold all of mine in preparation for an upgraded one.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#12 OFFLINE   ///M meister

///M meister

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2655 posts
  • Interests:Cars, BMW, F1, New England Patriots, Aston Villa FC, TV, Movies, Pop! Vinyls.
  • Number of Models:Not enough
  • Favorite Brands:Anything 1:43 that I want

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

The best TVR ever in my opinion, such a wild looking car when it came out over ten years ago and it still looks great today. Great pics Alex, you really brought out that lovely red paint! :eusa_clap:

TOM

My 1:43 collection thread will be made soon!

#13 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

I agree, One of the best looking TVR's ever made. I had this done to one of my old models, Sadly now sold on.

Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#14 OFFLINE   Rust-MyEnemy

Rust-MyEnemy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Unbelievably...Bburago

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

I'd love to know where these Revells were sold new for £20. Certainly nowhere near me.

Beatties used to stock Bburago, a local tourist-type shop sold overpriced Ertl stuff, and Maisto would show up in Tesco, but that was about it for my corner of the world - at least in the 90s. The Sagaris isn't even what I'd call an old model!

#15 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

I never saw one for £20 mate, I think in the end with my old one I paid around £35 ish. Always wondered why AUTOart never bothered to make the Sag in 1/18.

Its a pure beast, Saw a black one growling at Oulton Park a few years back. Hence my idea to get it copied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#16 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6600 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

View Postironsim, on 11 July 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

It looks beautiful, the best looking TVR imo! Love that color
it must be my top favorite TVR too.

View PostPacMan, on 11 July 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

My absolute favourite TVR. Such a mad deranged looking thing!! And that colour is awesome. Love this.
I swear my eBay search history matches the list of topics you've posted almost exactly now. :giggle:
heh, if you are not careful you might end up buying something :)

View Postbaseb8, on 11 July 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Very nice, I have one too but the paint on yours just gleams!
this one arrived with some light scratches and the paint was a bit dull, so i polished it with some Tamiya coarse and fine compound, at that took care of that. if you are going to polish yours, be careful with the logos.

View PostD N, on 11 July 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

That is an AMAZING model!! :eusa_clap: The international shippers "lost" mine with other significant cars!! :bawling: :gaah: :mad2:  Congrats Alex! :occasion14:
that sucks.

if you are fine with sealed models, the LS Collectibles could be a option. but if you can get the Revell Sagaris for a decent price, you definitely  should consider that.

View Postspikyone, on 12 July 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

yeah, i was looking on ebay, and i think prices was well over 100€. i found this one locally, and i think i got it for 50€ shipped.

View Postmcaf123, on 12 July 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

View Postspikyone, on 12 July 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

Sorry for the hijack as well Alex :occasion14:
as long it is related to the main topic, i dont mind :)

View PostCraig, on 12 July 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I absolutely love the Sagaris, it's a pretty cool model too!! I wish that there had been more colours available, Jadi were supposed to make an Orange & a Green one, but they never came. Nice pics Alex, you've really been on a roll lately!!

Please make an outstanding model & offer it in some cool colours :hope:  I sold all of mine in preparation for an upgraded one.
i think this is one of those cars that looks good in any color. a shame Revell/Jadi didnt release more colors for this model.

View Post///M meister, on 12 July 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

The best TVR ever in my opinion, such a wild looking car when it came out over ten years ago and it still looks great today. Great pics Alex, you really brought out that lovely red paint! :eusa_clap:
the color was rather a coincidence, it was just what turned up. luckily i like that color a lot.

View PostDave7872, on 12 July 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

I agree, One of the best looking TVR's ever made. I had this done to one of my old models, Sadly now sold on.

i think i saw that in another some time ago (maybe years). was the wheels off the get painted, or were they on the model? if i can get the wheels off, i can do something about the brakes.

View PostRust-MyEnemy, on 12 July 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

I'd love to know where these Revells were sold new for £20. Certainly nowhere near me.

Beatties used to stock Bburago, a local tourist-type shop sold overpriced Ertl stuff, and Maisto would show up in Tesco, but that was about it for my corner of the world - at least in the 90s. The Sagaris isn't even what I'd call an old model!
i think they where around 40€ when new, it is an older model now (around 10 years or so).

View PostDave7872, on 12 July 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

I never saw one for £20 mate, I think in the end with my old one I paid around £35 ish. Always wondered why AUTOart never bothered to make the Sag in 1/18.

Its a pure beast, Saw a black one growling at Oulton Park a few years back. Hence my idea to get it copied.
i have never seen one in person. the engine is a 400 hp NA straight six. would like to know how that feels to drive :)

#17 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5547 posts
  • Number of Models:120+
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, older Autoart and UT, Cult, Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

Awesome pictures again, Alex :eusa_clap:  Sometimes I think that these Jadi TVRs are the two best budget models ever made...at least two of the best that I have in my collection.  I'll always be sad that they didn't continue on and make the Cerbera and Chimaera as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.