Uli Nowak's wheel dish question - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Uli Nowak's wheel dish question

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ocz4life

ocz4life

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 981 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are buying Uli's wheels. I've sent him a message but didn't get the reply to my question. My question is can I, or better said have any of you installed his "wheel dish" on factory rims? For instance I want to buy this:

http://www.modellbau...ersal-1-18.html

And put it on Autoart GT-R R32 vspec II stock rims. I know I would have to take off the tires from the rims and do slight modification and from then on see what happens and go with it. Another question I have is can someone translate or simplify to me how to chose the tires?

I have this

Posted Image

I am looking for a regular tires that would look good. I don't want too low profile. I guess "profil" is the one I should get or "profil niederquerschnitt" ? Slick is I guess slick tire instead of a regular/street tire? Any other differences between all those tires?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2828 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: no

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

What you are trying to do here is to cut out the centre of the stock rims and insert that into the uli drum? Ooof, that will require some surgical accuracy.

Just use google translate on Uli page, a bit pants that you have to do that, and his customer service re questions is abysmal. I guess he just ignores questions in English.

The chart shows you width of the tires + overall diametre. Superflach is low profile, the next one more profile and profil has the most. Slicks are racing tires. Just compare to the stock tire diameter. Not a fan of Uli Nowak tires though, cheap looking compared to the wheels.

#3 OFFLINE   ocz4life

ocz4life

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 981 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

What I would do it just remove the tires from the stock R32 rims and fit the drum on them. Know what I mean? I was wondering has anyone done this type of mods instead of replacing the whole wheels. I've seen one guy on diecast arena group, he's from Germany and speaks poor English. He's got a lot of models with this "drum" added o stock rims - at least that's how it looks to me. I've asked him about it but he basically said he doesn't understand me ..

#4 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2828 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: no

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

Oh, then you have to cut the lip off the Nowak drum, you cant put the entire stock rim inside this drum, that will look strange. Like 1.5 rims.

#5 OFFLINE   ocz4life

ocz4life

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 981 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

Oh, okey, I get it :) thanks :)

#6 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8955 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

Lol welcome to my struggles
I mod stuff

Wes

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.