DiecastXchange Forum banner

Need advice on Maisto Mercedes CLK GTR (blue): Wheel Swap / Upgrade

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chall 
#1 ·
Next in my modding adventure for this old Maisto is a wheel swap. This model doesn't come with brake discs. I want to fix that. Accuracy isn't a priority. I just want to fit a good set of wheels and brakes onto the car to give it a complete look.

The search for parts on ebay has been confusing.

This is a cheaper option, but I worry about whether they will fit. They come with brakes. See ebay link.
AB Wheels

Next in line and more expensive, and more wasteful. I want to grab the wheels off a Norev C Class DTM.
Ebay Link

If anybody has experience pulling these and other sealed Norevs apart, let me know what difficulties I might face.

Would I be able to fit the wheels onto the Maisto? Other options include the Norev LMP cars such as the Peugeot 908 and Aston Martin LMP1 at the right price.

The final nuclear option is the Autoart Panoz Espirante GTR (the racing version). I don't want to destroy one of these, and I'm afraid of trying to swap Autoart wheels, BUT these tires would look nice and have the correct branding. If anyone has experience with Autoart wheels, chime in and let me know if this is a really, really bad idea.

I'm also looking on autoart spares and TK diecast.

Thanks for reading!.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the input. That's a good argument in favor of TK diecast. Agreed on the need for more variety too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.