13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bmwmbart

bmwmbart

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:cars , gaming, collecting scale models
  • Number of Models:+ 300
  • Favorite Brands:autoart - gt spirit -...
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

Any simracers here ?
I started 10 years ago with buying the logitec gran turismo wheel. Had i for 2 years and then it was time for the logitech g25.
But it just wasn't my thing, the hard steering wheel just doesn't feel that good after racing for a long time.
So in search of a better wheel i found out about fanatec.
And with some luck i bought a second hand Porsche gt2 wheelbase, i used the pedals from the g25 with adaptor for the wheel.

About 2 years later i got an invite from fanatec to pre order the clubsport wheelbase v2.
It was a lot of money for something i didn't test out, but just orded the wheelbase. After 4 mounths i got it delivered.
Orded the v2 pedals, v1 handbrake, sg shifter , bmw gt2 steering wheel and xbox one hub with qsp wheel.
Then i still had the playseat sound and vibration.
But the huge force from the wheelbase wasn't that good for the frame  :rolleyes: .
So orded the rseat rs1 assetto corsa edition.

With that setup i got assetto corsa for free on steam. but till then never played on pc.
With watching some YouTube video's from assetto corsa soon i was sold to make some decent gaming pc.
I got to a shop here and orded the parts to build a good  gaming pc.
Its just an i5 from the previous generation with nvidia geforce 980.
Now i'm sold to pc gaming, assetto corsa and raceroom are my most played games.
But still love to play some x-box one like forza horizon. played that game with my wheel and its fun.

I just got my new v2.5 wheelbase and v1.5 handbrake and added my 32 inch screen to the rig.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tmnt_ppn

tmnt_ppn

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 960 posts
  • Number of Models:A little over 90 (as of Oct 2018)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Hot Wheels Elite (Ferrari lineup)
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

Whoa very nice setup there!!! :drool5:

I've always want to build these rig for myself, but I can't right now because I don't have enough space at home yet. One day maybe...  :rolleyes: I have the Logitech G25 set, but haven't use those for several years now. I play mostly GT6, with occasionally all kind of PC racing games. I also prefer racing sim games such as pCARS, the old but gold GTR2, RACE WTCC, etc, but sometimes also arcade racing such as Need For Speed just for fun. I play using keyboard on PC.
~ Alvin

See all my collection here.

#3 OFFLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy and science, diecast, sim racing,
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: pk

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Nice setup bro, and I can see you're living up to your name by having the BMW M3 GT2 rim to go with the CSW V2 :smile:

I've been making do with a Logitech Momo Racing wheel, really showing its age at 14 years(!) now, so I recently ordered some Fanatec stuff. Will soon have the CSL Elite Wheel Base along with the basic CSL Elite Pedals, and some nice rims (Formula Rim, and the same M3 GT2 rim) to go with them. I decided to hold off on buying the CSW V 2.5 in favor of seeing what kind of quality and pricing the anticipated direct drive wheel is from Fanatec.

In terms of race sims I still love rFactor 1, I've got a TON of incredible car packs installed and configured in a way that I can do multi-class races. I just love taking the Sauber C9 for example against the modern hypercars (Koenigsegg One:1, La Ferrari, etc). Or 1985 F1 vs modern Le Mans. Of course I also play current sims such as Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, and the "simcade" Project Cars. Thinking of giving Raceroom a try sometime.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8955 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

Awesome setup. Every tried iracing? Tell me you have. For me it's the ultimate. Assetto came close but was just too raggedy at the time. Not sure how it is now.
I mod stuff

Wes

#5 OFFLINE   bmwmbart

bmwmbart

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 495 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

View Posttmnt_ppn, on 10 March 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

Whoa very nice setup there!!! :drool5:

I've always want to build these rig for myself, but I can't right now because I don't have enough space at home yet. One day maybe...  :rolleyes: I have the Logitech G25 set, but haven't use those for several years now. I play mostly GT6, with occasionally all kind of PC racing games. I also prefer racing sim games such as pCARS, the old but gold GTR2, RACE WTCC, etc, but sometimes also arcade racing such as Need For Speed just for fun. I play using keyboard on PC.

thx

#6 OFFLINE   bmwmbart

bmwmbart

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 495 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostUzair, on 10 March 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Nice setup bro, and I can see you're living up to your name by having the BMW M3 GT2 rim to go with the CSW V2 :smile:

I've been making do with a Logitech Momo Racing wheel, really showing its age at 14 years(!) now, so I recently ordered some Fanatec stuff. Will soon have the CSL Elite Wheel Base along with the basic CSL Elite Pedals, and some nice rims (Formula Rim, and the same M3 GT2 rim) to go with them. I decided to hold off on buying the CSW V 2.5 in favor of seeing what kind of quality and pricing the anticipated direct drive wheel is from Fanatec.

In terms of race sims I still love rFactor 1, I've got a TON of incredible car packs installed and configured in a way that I can do multi-class races. I just love taking the Sauber C9 for example against the modern hypercars (Koenigsegg One:1, La Ferrari, etc). Or 1985 F1 vs modern Le Mans. Of course I also play current sims such as Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, and the "simcade" Project Cars. Thinking of giving Raceroom a try sometime.

I think that the csl wheel is just as much fun, even my Porsche gt2 wheel wasn't that bad.
Just a little less feedback maybe.

I need to try rfactor, seems like a decent game. same for automobilista, just not that much content in that game.
For now assetto corsa is the best for me, lots of mods to try and some are very good.
Like the simtraxx mods.

Raceroom isn't bad at all, but a different feel then ac.
Projectcars isn't realy my thing, just played it for an hour or two.
The feedback from the car somethime's isn't there. and it reacts strange in some corners.

View PostStratosWRC, on 10 March 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Awesome setup. Every tried iracing? Tell me you have. For me it's the ultimate. Assetto came close but was just too raggedy at the time. Not sure how it is now.

No i never tryed iracing.
Just because of the price.
I don't play every day, somethime's even mounths.
Now i'm playing a lot because of the winter time, but in the summer i don't play that much.
If they would give a try version i would wanne play it and see what it is.

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11480 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Hey Bart!!! Long Time!!! I think it's AMAZING!! :yahoo: :yahoo:Congrats on sharing it! :eusa_clap: Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#8 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2342 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Amazing setup. Compact yet practical. I always fancy a proper setup such as this but never get around to do one plus now our family living space is super limited.
I still have the Logitech G21 set that I bought more than 10 years ago. We used to fit the steering wheels and gear shift to a height adjustable ironing board to race but obviously that still doesnt give you proper racing sim feel and it looks kinda stupid LOL.

#9 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8955 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

View Postbmwmbart, on 10 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

Now i'm playing a lot because of the winter time, but in the summer i don't play that much.

Honestly it's so worth it. IMO, nothing else comes close. The authentic handling, the noise (oh god the noise), the adrenaline rush of the flawless feedback and multiclass races with like 30 people.
I mod stuff

Wes

#10 OFFLINE   bmwmbart

bmwmbart

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 495 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 10 March 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Amazing setup. Compact yet practical. I always fancy a proper setup such as this but never get around to do one plus now our family living space is super limited.
I still have the Logitech G21 set that I bought more than 10 years ago. We used to fit the steering wheels and gear shift to a height adjustable ironing board to race but obviously that still doesnt give you proper racing sim feel and it looks kinda stupid LOL.

Yeah it take's some space, and my hobby room isn't that big :smile: .
I wanted to have a setup with triple screens, but space is killing me.

My first setup was made on a wooden table, not practical but it worked.

View PostStratosWRC, on 10 March 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

View Postbmwmbart, on 10 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

Honestly it's so worth it. IMO, nothing else comes close. The authentic handling, the noise (oh god the noise), the adrenaline rush of the flawless feedback and multiclass races with like 30 people.

Maybe i'm going to try it for a half year and see what it is.

View PostD N, on 10 March 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Hey Bart!!! Long Time!!! I think it's AMAZING!! :yahoo: :yahoo:Congrats on sharing it! :eusa_clap: Cheers! :occasion14:

Yeah long time :smile: , thx

#11 OFFLINE   KeU

KeU

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 660 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Basketball, Scuba Diving, Dinosaurs, Gran Turismo, Airliners, keeping the Missus happy so that she will let me get more diecast!
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Minichamps, Hot Wheels Elite
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:39 AM

That's good stuff. I just clobbered some pieces of wood together to hold my G29 and seat, and called it good.
But then again, I'm no simracer, just graduating from GT to PC2.

#12 OFFLINE   Eric

Eric

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2739 posts
  • Interests:Diecast
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, & GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

I had build the Ricmotech RS1 sim cockpit with the Logitech G27 built into it to play Gran Turismo 5 and 6 about 6 years ago.  I don’t play it very much anymore but every once in a while I’ll fire it up and take one of my Lambos for a spin.

#13 OFFLINE   ferrariforever

ferrariforever

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2820 posts
  • Interests:European patent prosecution
  • Favorite Brands:no favorite
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Although I haven't tried it yet for racing games yet only for fps games, but I really believe VR is very suitable for racing games.
Feel free to have a look of my collection on DX.
http://www.diecastxc...dels-kyosho-m5/

#14 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

That looks really good. Years ago I considered to get the same thing, but it was quite pricey so I gave up. . . In a meanwhile I got me car with manual, so I enjoy it that way :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.