How to change wheels on a resin model - Wheels, Brakes and Stance works - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

How to change wheels on a resin model

2 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2251 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:45 AM

Hi everyone, now for those that have never done this before, this is a how to video on how to change the wheels on a resin model. This method will apply to most resin models, but some may require a little tweaking to this method, depending on the type of wheel used and the type of hub on the wheel.  You may have to add a stem or extend the hub to fit the axle back in place. But most resin models have the axle buried in hot glue, so at least this part of the video will show you how to remove it.  Here I am showing you how I changed the wheels on my Looksmart Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione

https://youtu.be/RW1gJlq7pKo
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2886 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: no

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

Cool stuff, mr rob. I am subscribed to your channel btw, and I have picked up quite a few tricks along the way. The rotary carving tool thingy on the dremel to remove parts ... omg, it made my life so much better. :occasion14:

#3 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2251 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

View Postlateapex, on 15 May 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Cool stuff, mr rob. I am subscribed to your channel btw, and I have picked up quite a few tricks along the way. The rotary carving tool thingy on the dremel to remove parts ... omg, it made my life so much better. :occasion14:
Thanks Fredrik, good to know some of my methods are helping other master modellers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.