Autoart Side Mirror Fix? - DX Model Repair and Restoration - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Autoart Side Mirror Fix?

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Xebstia

Xebstia

• DX Community
  • 28 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

Hello there,

I have a Autoart NSX who's side view mirror came off while sitting in a display case somehow. It's broken off with the plastic bit stuck in the hole in the door. What would be the best way to put the mirror back on without damaging the paint or anything of the car? I know I could glue it but what kind of glue would not mess up the paint etc?

Thanks

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1351 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

Either just use superglue or, as others would recommend, Revell Contacta. Use a needle or a toothpick to apply the glue, just so to avoid squeezing too much out into the area.

And if your eyesight is as bad as mine, you should wear something to magnify the area. I botched many repair jobs because I couldn't quite see what I was doing. :twocents:

#3 ONLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1621 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Use masking tape all around the hole so that if there are any accidental spills, at least it'll save the paint on your doors. Also use a glue that's known for not fogging clear parts as the window is quite close to where you'll be gluing although you should only need a tiny amount of glue.

Base
@basegtr

#4 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5132 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

If there is enough of the stalk remaining that you will get a solid match up, a toothpick point of Superglue is your answer.  And from experience, hit the glue, stab the part, and walk away.

If it broke off flush, get a pin vice, the proper sized drill bit, a staple or small paper clip, some wire cutters, and get back to me for more specific directions.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.