Autoart badges on CMC Mclaren Mercedes SLR - DX Model Repair and Restoration - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Autoart badges on CMC Mclaren Mercedes SLR

9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scenic

scenic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Number of Models:80+
  • Favorite Brands:Almost Real, Autoart, HWE
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:00 AM

I have a CMC Mclaren-Mercedes SLR that's missing the McLaren badges on the hood and the mercedes logo on the back. I found Autoart Mclaren and Mercedes badges online and was wondering if I could use them.

Posted Image
I have no past experience handling these decals and would appreciate suggestions on how to go about it.

Thanks!

Edited by scenic, 28 July 2018 - 03:07 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2541 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:01 AM

i reckon they will fit fine.. not sure about the application though.. i once had to the need to apply bmw roundel from the spare decal sheet given by Ottomobile and i learnt it that hard way that i had to wet it first before i can remove it from the sheet without damaging it. maybe that;s why they call it waterslide decal :giggle:

#3 ONLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1931 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

scenic, on 28 July 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

I have a CMC Mclaren-Mercedes SLR that's missing the McLaren badges on the hood and the mercedes logo on the back. I found Autoart Mclaren and Mercedes badges online and was wondering if I could use them.

Posted Image
I have no past experience handling these decals and would appreciate suggestions on how to go about it.

Thanks!

PMA might fit, AUTOart will not. AUTOart made only 1:43 version. . .

#4 OFFLINE   scenic

scenic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

Not sure where I could find PMA parts. I didn't particularly have the SLR in mind. I'm planning on using the Autoart  Mclaren 570S badge and Mercedes badge from any one of their previous models.

#5 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1644 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

Did you look on AUTOart Spares? Or is that where you got your decal badges online?

Your posted image is not showing, so can't see what you're working with. Anyway, AUTOart decals are easy to handle.

- Assuming your decals come on a sheet, cut out a tiny piece, like a square, around the decal. But when I've ordered single decals, AUTOart mails out single squares.
- Get a small dish and fill it with warm water. Then put in a drop of dishwashing detergent.
- Get a pair of tweezers and submerge the decal with sheet for about 30 seconds.
- The decal and sheet should be sufficiently wet when you take the decal and sheet out of the dish.
- Use a paper towel to blot out excess water.
- While the decal and sheet are still wet, use a cotton swab to gently slide the decal off the sheet. Might take a few little sweeping motions to get the decal moving off the sheet. Move it about halfway off the sheet only.
- You should have the model but also the working surface nearby and already know the position of the decal so you quickly "lift and shift."
- I would use the tweezers and pick up the sheet with the decal halfway out and use the cotton swab with the other hand to slide the decal into place.
- You can still move the decal around while it is still wet to play with the exact position. If the decal starts drying out before you have it in place, drop water on it to re-wet it.
- Once the decal is in place, just let it dry.

Edited by will1066, 29 July 2018 - 08:36 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   scenic

scenic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

Hey, thank you so much. I really appreciate your inputs. Yes, I had come across the decals on Autoart spares though I'm yet to order them.

Edited by scenic, 29 July 2018 - 09:38 AM.

#7 ONLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1621 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

I suggest to also watch some waterslide decal 'how to' videos on youtube. It helped me massively.

Base
@basegtr

#8 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1644 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

The decals don't cost a lot, so I highly suggest ordering more than one for each badge. That way you have backup in case you mess up the first time, since you're new to this.

#9 OFFLINE   TALSCTSV

TALSCTSV

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 484 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Hot Wheels Elite

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

So I was curious to see how much of a difference the McLaren badges were on the SLR vs MP4-12C from AutoArt just incase I need a new decal. I hope this helps:
Posted Image

Edited by TALSCTSV, 29 July 2018 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   scenic

scenic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Oh sweet! Thansk for taking the effort, I really appreciate it!

will1066, on 29 July 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

The decals don't cost a lot, so I highly suggest ordering more than one for each badge. That way you have backup in case you mess up the first time, since you're new to this.
cool, will do

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.