Ferrari F12TDF by BBR 1:18 DieCast - BBR | Blue Moon - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Ferrari F12TDF by BBR 1:18 DieCast

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1959 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of:rs

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:09 PM

Let me start by quoting wikipedia about the real car. . .

The F12tdf (tour de France) is a track-focused version of the F12berlinetta unveiled in October 2015.The name pays homage to the Tour de France automobile race held between 1899 and 1986 and which was regularly won by the Ferrari 250 between 1956 and 1964. The F12tdf shares the same 6.3 litre V12 engine with the F12 Berlinetta, but with power output increased to 780 PS (574 kW; 769 bhp) @ 8500 rpm and 705 N⋅m (520 lb⋅ft) @ 6750 rpm of torque. The F12tdf is 110 kg (243 lb) lighter than the F12, having a total dry weight of 1,415 kg (3,120 lb). The F12tdf can accelerate from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 2.9 seconds and 0 to 124 mph (200 km/h) in 7.9 seconds (or even 7.1 seconds, according to a few UK sources). The top speed was claimed to be 'in excess of 211 mph (340 km/h)'. The car has recorded a 1 minute 21 seconds lap time on Ferrari's Fiorano test circuit , 2 seconds faster than the standard F12berlinetta and 488 GTB, and just 1.3 seconds behind the fastest lap set by the LaFerrari. F12tdf was designed by Ferrari Styling Centre.[14] Production of the F12tdf was limited to 799 units.
Ferrari F12tdf has a power to weight ratio of 1.95 kg (4.30 lb) per horsepower.

Now let me talk about the model. . . Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Diecast F430s made by BBR models are something that I really treasure in my collection. They are very special to me. Not just because F430 is one of my most favorite Ferraris but because how well BBR did the job. Beautiful. . . I really liked  the leather, luggage, how they did the engine, and everything. . . And I was quite sad when BBR stopped its diecast line. Because they were doing really a good job. Sort of to say, modern car by CMC. And you can imagine how delightful I was when I heard that BBR is going back to diecast. I sort of couldn't wait to get TDF. Back in January after some thoughts I preordered F12TDF knowing that model will be sold out as soon as it comes out, and latter on prices will be just toooooooo high. Was I right or no, I don't know. . . Prices are going up, but let us give it some time and all the feelings to settle down. And all owners to disappoint. And let us look at it then. . . But now let us look at the model. . .

Just one disclaimer, I'm sorry for the pics. After I decided to write the review I notice I don't have a good place to take photos. This is the first time I'm taking any photos in this condo, so I had no idea there is no good place for them :) However, someone will make better and probably you all already saw better. . . So, let me talk about important stuff. . .

Exceptional stuff. . .
Paint - Non of my models has such a good paint job. I have quite a bit of AUTOart signature models, 20+ CMCs, 4 diecast BBR models, 4 Exotos (OK, non of them is XS), and let me be honest. . . Paint job on any of those models can not be even remotely, in dreams, hypothetically speaking, or in any other way, compared with this one. Truth to be said, I think that this model has even better paint job then my Subaru BRZ. . . Paint is so beautifully gloss, so rich, and even. . . It is just perfect.
Carbon fiber - Only models that have that one are AUTOart models that I have and. . . Compared to this one, it is sort of 2nd league. This carbon looks sort of proportional and exactly as it should. It has nice gloss finish (that it usually has due to resins), and fibers seems proportional.

Good stuff. . .
Break discs - Look OK, but halls are bit too big. But nothing major.
Nets - all are there! Posted Image
Engine - It is good. No compliments in there. All stickers are there, all vires, CF. . .
Lights - Good.
Overall look - good.

Bad stuff. . .
Plastic/rubber seats. Also, no luggage. . . Metal plates inside are made of plastic. . . On the back what seems like photoetached sign is not photattached. . . Just decal. . . Trunk refuses to be closed, and since I'm not bothered by dog legs for the front hood, but quite a bit of people are, let me mention that as well. . . Exhaust pipe ends look OK till you don't see they are full. . . Like they couldn't make it bit more deep. . . Sold rear axel. . . Not like on F430 where one wheel would spin a bit and then the other. . . No "carpet" in the trunk. . .

Conclusion. . .
Truthfully, only exceptional parts on this model are paint and CF (to the point that I can openly say that I still haven't see a single pic that can describe how good these two are). Everything else is like on my F12 Berlinetta made by HotWheels that I got for third of a money back in 2012. And all the good stuff I was hopping to see, they are not there. . . I was really hopping this will on the level of F430, but this is not. . . Not even close (apart paint and CF), and I'm sorry but this is not worth the money. . . I think the best way to describe this model would be as someone said on the BBR diecast thread "expensive Minichamps". Sadly but true. . . I sort of had feeling this will happen when HotWheels lost the license, there will be no good models of Ferrari anymore. They will be either too expensive, or just not good enough. . . I think it is time to start petition for HotWheels to get its license back.
Do I recommend it?! Let us be honest. There are resin fans who get turned on by good paint and CF hence you can always resell it to them for at least the money you paid. So, there is nothing to lose. And also, I will get the rest of diecast family because I waited too long for that, to have them pass by me like that. . . So it is not fair to say I don't. . .
At the end. . . Here are the pics. . .

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12191 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

WOW WOW WOW!!! Posted Image  Sorry to be reading this, as I literally have the white Italian flag tri-color version on the way! Posted Image ....I am hoping that my rear trunk closes and that the overall quality is good.Posted Image that said, I just watched multiple 1/1 videos and the real car has mini doglegs accompanied by gas struts for support..so, some link there..Whew! Posted Image

Well, I got a decently lower price, but still this thing cost way more than I paid for the Lincoln Continental model that I just reviewed here on DX this morning..and it's euros for me Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image ..so, when mine arrives, I hope that I can look pass all of the negative things that I keep hearing from other owners such as yourself.Posted Image Thanks for the honest review, I appreciate it!
So, are you going to keep yours?  If I don't like mine, I'll just wait until they increase in value and SOLD!..shamelessly, somebody will buy it just because they will be sold out and rare! Cheers! Posted Image

P.S. If you look at Almost real's(Sums Models) 2018 Catalog, you can see that they actually built this one for BBR, as they have one on the floor/carpet with each team member sitting in the  middle of their models for other companies, as well as their own brand. See link here: https://www.docdroid...ogue.pdf#page=3

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#3 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4148 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of:bg

Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:38 AM

The beauty of the car makes it difficult to see the flaws... But that's on Ferrari for making such an astonishing car. I think BBR just thought "well, it's going to sit in a cabinet/case for 99% of the time, so let's make it look great, and shortcut the finer details"... Still, too expensive, but since BBurago will never make one and even if it did most high-end collectors will hate it (I'd love it,btw lol), you really have no other choice...
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#4 ONLINE   ferrariforever

ferrariforever

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3233 posts
  • Interests:European patent prosecution
  • Favorite Brands:no favorite
  • Proud Citizen of:nl

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:58 AM

Thanks for the review.
I think the biggest flaws are the dogleg front bonnet and the front bonnet shutline.

But anyway you got the ferrari red version, which will be the most desired color in the long run.
Feel free to have a look of my collection on DX.
http://www.diecastxc...dels-kyosho-m5/

#5 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32582 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:38 AM

As the boot doesn't close I'd be sending it back for a replacement. There is no excuse for that.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#6 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 13040 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam

Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the honest review of your model.I think it looks Fantastic in your excellent photos but it's a shame it came with the flaws you mentioned. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :yahoo: :occasion14:

#7 ONLINE   samuelbdn

samuelbdn

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 826 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:es

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the review and your honest point of view.

I'm thinking if it whether buy this car but with your review I don't know that it's a good decision for the price...

Congratulations for the add, of course!

#8 OFFLINE   Snakebitten

Snakebitten

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 381 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, AutoArt, Kyosho, CMC, Schuco
  • Proud Citizen of:ad

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

Ouch this hurts.  Wish I saw this before I ordered it.  Doglegs bug me.  And plastic and less photoetched pieces???What is happening at BBR?  Autoart cheaps out now BBR.  Is this the trend now?/
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2561 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 320
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Paint and carbon do look good, but seems many have fitment issues with this model. Many have asked me on Youtube if I will be getting this model and reviewing it, but as I told them, since I already have the BBR resin version, which is superb in finish and details, I will not pay another 300 euros for a model I already have. Even if it does open and close (some what poorly)

#10 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2452 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:de

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

Thanks ... for this unbiased review!! Posted Image
Guess many of us have been waiting for such an honest assessment.

Agree with T1000 that the beauty of the car can lead to ignoring the flaws.

First of all I’m really glad that BBR has re-engaged in making diecast. But I have already the HWE F12 Berlinetta which from a pure design perspective outperforms the TDF IMO. So at this price level I don‘t feel tempted by the TDF.

Let‘s hope that BBR will improve with the next releases - the first preview pictures of the FXX EVO look promising to me...

Edited by vulpex, 29 September 2018 - 12:45 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1959 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:01 PM

You are all welcome, and thank you for the nice words :)

@D N'D-Land

I am going to keep my. I always say how I will sell something, but truth is so far I only gave models from my collection, I never sold any (except those that I bought with intention to sell). Regardless how much I didn't like it. So, this one is here to stay. . . I'm just sorry it was not better.
I didn't know AR had its fingers involved here. If they did painting and CF then it is good to know, their models are going to have those things all well made. Thank you for letting me know! :)

@T1000

Might be that, why bother. . . Or since everyone are ripping collectors off, why not we do that as well with diecast line too. . .
I think that is why we are going to cry after HotWheels. BBurago will never be good enough, and BBR will be just to expensive. . .

@ferrariforever

I was actually aiming for the red from the start. That is why I preordered it on the first place. In my collection Ferrari can be only red, and if it is not red then it must have red brother. So I have two F430 spyders and two 250 GT California by CMC :)
By the press pics I was more into yellow then red, but after I got this one, nope. . . Red it is. I think main issue with red will be that people will get it because it is Ferrari color and not knowing how good that color actually is.

@ drivinghermad

Thank you!

@ Craig

I know what you mean, but honestly?! I don't know if I managed to get one good 1:18 this whole year. Pretty much almost what ever I got there was an issue with that and I had to sent it back. I sort of got tired of ordering and sending stuff back. . . In the past when I see models on discount I'd go and get them, now I wonder what is broken on them. And with this issue, I'm not going to bother. Because I don't know what I will get back and how bad will it be. I'll just keep it. If poor quality of BBR continues, I will just stop buying them. . .

@ samuelbdn

Get it, you can always resell it :)

@ Snakebitten

Seems so. . . I wonder how good will rest of the models be. If they continue this way, I seriously doubt people will be buying those models. At this moment it looks to me like CMC and Norev are the only two how give you something for the money. Rest, just rip off big time. . .

@ ROBSMC

I know you like resine, so you are not missing much. Maybe just to get more people to watch your videos :)

@ vulpex

I hope they improve materials for a start. That is what suppose to make 300 euros model, not just details. And details will be there, but materials are the one that is unknown. . .

#12 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4654 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:12 PM

Thank you vm for the unbiased review, which gave us a lot of information to decide on. I was so torn whether to preorder the pearl yellow one but now I am not even sure if I should do it after reading what you said in your reviews - just great paint and carbon but everything else is meh...hows the headlight detail? Are the LED bids and the top part seperated pieces or the whole thing is just molded and painted on?

Edited by blieu118, 29 September 2018 - 09:15 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4062 posts
  • Interests:Instagram - @themodelcarcritic
    Facebook - The Model Car Critic
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC, GT Spirit, Top Marques

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for the honest review!
I love the aggressive design of the car. For me it's a better looking car than the more pretty looking F12 Berlinetta and I usually go for the flagship/most powerful version of the range anyway.

I think overall its not a bad model and would look pretty good on display. The only thing really harming it is the extortionate price. I believe most collectors could look past the doglegs if they were paying less than 200 for this model?
Please check out my collection thread HERE
Posted Image
Review portfolio: https://themodelcarcritic.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook...modelcarcritic/
Instagram page: @themodelcarcritic
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzS5wbCpLx-e7XxMDJa7SqA

#14 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4654 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostD N, on 26 September 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

WOW WOW WOW!!! Posted Image  Sorry to be reading this, as I literally have the white Italian flag tri-color version on the way! Posted Image ....I am hoping that my rear trunk closes and that the overall quality is good.Posted Image that said, I just watched multiple 1/1 videos and the real car has mini doglegs accompanied by gas struts for support..so, some link there..Whew! Posted Image

Well, I got a decently lower price, but still this thing cost way more than I paid for the Lincoln Continental model that I just reviewed here on DX this morning..and it's euros for me Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image ..so, when mine arrives, I hope that I can look pass all of the negative things that I keep hearing from other owners such as yourself.Posted Image Thanks for the honest review, I appreciate it!
So, are you going to keep yours?  If I don't like mine, I'll just wait until they increase in value and SOLD!..shamelessly, somebody will buy it just because they will be sold out and rare! Cheers! Posted Image

P.S. If you look at Almost real's(Sums Models) 2018 Catalog, you can see that they actually built this one for BBR, as they have one on the floor/carpet with each team member sitting in the  middle of their models for other companies, as well as their own brand. See link here: https://www.docdroid...ogue.pdf#page=3

So did Minichamps also involve in it besides AR?

#15 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1647 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

Too bad. The handsample didn't look particularly impressive to me, and I didn't expect that the production version would be radically different.

#16 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1959 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

View Postblieu118, on 29 September 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Thank you vm for the unbiased review, which gave us a lot of information to decide on. I was so torn whether to preorder the pearl yellow one but now I am not even sure if I should do it after reading what you said in your reviews - just great paint and carbon but everything else is meh...hows the headlight detail? Are the LED bids and the top part seperated pieces or the whole thing is just molded and painted on?

I will be honest, I have no idea. I just looked at headlights and I don't see any pins anywhere, so I don't know what to say. Might be two different peaces.

View Postmcaf123, on 30 September 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

Thanks for the honest review!
I love the aggressive design of the car. For me it's a better looking car than the more pretty looking F12 Berlinetta and I usually go for the flagship/most powerful version of the range anyway.

I think overall its not a bad model and would look pretty good on display. The only thing really harming it is the extortionate price. I believe most collectors could look past the doglegs if they were paying less than €200 for this model?

Price is big issue for this model. First it was 300, then as soon as it got out 250. . . I wonder what will be in the future. . .

#17 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12191 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:14 PM

View Postblieu118, on 30 September 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 26 September 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

WOW WOW WOW!!! :omg:  Sorry to be reading this, as I literally have the white Italian flag tri-color version on the way!  :rolleyes: ....I am hoping that my rear trunk closes and that the overall quality is good. :hope: that said, I just watched multiple 1/1 videos and the real car has mini doglegs accompanied by gas struts for support..so, some link there..Whew! :nice:

Well, I got a decently lower price, but still this thing cost way more than I paid for the Lincoln Continental model that I just reviewed here on DX this morning..and it's euros for me :gaah: :twocents: :gaah: ..so, when mine arrives, I hope that I can look pass all of the negative things that I keep hearing from other owners such as yourself. :hope: Thanks for the honest review, I appreciate it!
So, are you going to keep yours?  If I don't like mine, I'll just wait until they increase in value and SOLD!..shamelessly, somebody will buy it just because they will be sold out and rare! Cheers! :occasion14:

So did Minichamps also involve in it besides AR?
Good Question :dunno: ..I keep seeing that rumour on facebook chats, perhaps that's why the price is so high in relationship to the overall quality of the model in feel compared to the older BBR diecasts?  :rolleyes:  If that's teh cae, the mdel lost quality of parts to get a 3rd party pay out :twocents:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#18 OFFLINE   JP86

JP86

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 453 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:be

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

I think Minichamps is involved in the distribution of this model, just like they do with Almost Real here in Europe.
Almost Real is probably the manufacturer. I do recognize some features on both the ferrari and my AR models. Just a shame I paid twice the money for the BBR :gaah:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.