Classic GT Gathering (+ Silver invader) - DX Exotics | Sports Cars - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Classic GT Gathering (+ Silver invader)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chall

Chall

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Futurism, urban design, affordable housing, new building construction, writing
  • Number of Models:58 in multiple scales (mainly 1/18).
  • Favorite Brands:Maisto, Exoto, Autoart, TSM, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:30 AM

Meet some of my classic GT cars. They aren't ashamed of having their engines in the front. And they don't blush about long hoods. Racing is in their blood.

Posted Image

On the far end we have the Mercedes 300 SLR Uhlenhaut by CMC.

In the middle, sits the Mercedes 300sl Gullwing by Minichamps.

And hogging the rest of attention is the lovely Toyota 2000GT by AUTOart...

Watch out! I sense a presence looming...

Posted Image

God's eye view of the three GTs. No gullwing doors for the Toyota 2000GT at the bottom? No problem! It's just happy to be here (and taking up a nice chunk of the shot). I thought about opening the Toyota's doors for a silly contrast. Consider it a missed opportunity...

What's that? I hear a big engine. A V16! Something old. Something very big...

And very silver...

This party just got a little more interesting.

Posted Image

The GTs just got photo-bombed by a silver giant.

Meet the Auto Union Type C Streamliner by Revell! The only mid-engined car of the group and quite a bit older too.

The silver air-cutting shape of the Auto Union makes for an interesting comparison with the 300 SLR Uhlenhaut, even though over 20 years separates them.

My poor camera (and even poorer photo skills) have been pushed to the limit. Enjoy the grain. It's good for you.

Posted Image

Headlights up!

The Toyota 2000GT and the Auto Union Type C are truly an odd pair, but something about them here works beautifully.

All four of these models run the spectrum from budget to high end. As a collector, I get caught up often times deciding whether a model fits my collection and what its worth is to me. I worry too much about getting hold of a beautiful model before it disappears from the market and the prices run into the sky. This makes me forget sometimes how lucky I am to have so many beautiful models in my collection already (Maistos included!).

Taking out the camera and finding the beauty in all of these makes me happier. I like sharing that happiness with all of you.

Thanks for stopping by.
In searching for completeness in our collections,
We hunt for the wholeness in life and of self
That we forgot--over the long winding road of living--
We were never without.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9121 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:40 AM

Beautiful pics! Love the background you used especially on the 3rd pic where you can see the bridge

#3 ONLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1709 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:06 AM

Well done Chall!! :eusa_clap:

I never took my models outside. Only make studio-like pictures and try to have the models presented as clean as possible, you could call it an "anitsepical" style. :giggle:
I very much like the light you show in your pictures, captured a lovley mood - especially the last two... :rock:

Edited by vulpex, 28 October 2018 - 01:07 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:55 PM

Excellent models and really wonderful shots!! :eusa_clap:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#5 OFFLINE   Chall

Chall

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Futurism, urban design, affordable housing, new building construction, writing
  • Number of Models:58 in multiple scales (mainly 1/18).
  • Favorite Brands:Maisto, Exoto, Autoart, TSM, HPI

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:57 AM

View Postironsim, on 27 October 2018 - 05:40 AM, said:

Beautiful pics! Love the background you used especially on the 3rd pic where you can see the bridge

Glad you love the background. I use it (very) often :yahoo: It's on a high wall. The sunsets are breathtaking there. Lots of other photographers come out. A wedding photographer once took a quick break to help me light one of my models.

View Postvulpex, on 28 October 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

Well done Chall!! :eusa_clap:

I never took my models outside. Only make studio-like pictures and try to have the models presented as clean as possible, you could call it an "anitsepical" style. :giggle:
I very much like the light you show in your pictures, captured a lovley mood - especially the last two... :rock:

I'd be happy to create studio shoots as good as yours :eusa_clap:

I focus on outdoor shots because

1) It gets me out of the house
2) My indoor shots have been horrible
3) I keep spending all my extra money on models (the FOMO is still strong with me) rather that studio lights and a better camera

Taking a bunch of models out for a shoot feels like an adventure. I see my models differently when I'm hunting for a good shot. I aspects of their beauty that I miss when I'm at home.
Notes on my experiences: Momentarily unsupervised children are mildly terrifying. Confused passersby are a chuckle. Spur of the moment conversations with photographers, car enthusiasts and fellow collectors are priceless.

If I remember correctly, you have a Bburago F40. You must take it out for an hour before sunset and snap away. You'll find new faults with it but, you'll also see hints of something spectacular.

View PostD N, on 28 October 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Excellent models and really wonderful shots!! :eusa_clap:

Thanks!

Having the models all spread out made me realize how lucky I am as a collector that these models exist and that I was able to add them to my collection.

If I went back in time and showed my younger self the 300 SL and Auto Union, younger me would have passed out. Let us not speak of what effect the CMC would have had on younger me. :giggle:
In searching for completeness in our collections,
We hunt for the wholeness in life and of self
That we forgot--over the long winding road of living--
We were never without.

#6 OFFLINE   Rust-MyEnemy

Rust-MyEnemy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 270 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Unbelievably...Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:26 AM

Beautiful shots. I too am lucky enough to have that Auto Union in my collection, it's truly one of those 'affordable' models that look far more expensive than they are.

Edited by Rust-MyEnemy, 30 October 2018 - 01:26 AM.

#7 ONLINE   Cristi

Cristi

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1325 posts
  • Interests:books and rock music \m/
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, CMC, GTSpirit, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: ro

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:07 AM

Classic cars into the sunset, a great combination. Lovely pics :10:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.