4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   toyfiats

toyfiats

• DX Community
  • 45 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, MR, Make Up
  • Proud Citizen of: it

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:18 PM

While not really a disaster, I had one of the limited Amelia Island versions with noticeable negative camber on the front wheels, and it so bugged me that I ended up selling it.

I've since read and seen other pictures that indicate this wasn't an isolated issue.  I'm thinking about getting another version of the GTO because it's a great model and I'm a big fan of CMC despite the occasional issue, but has anyone determined what the problem is and attempted and was successful in "fixing" it?  I remember scrutinizing the underside of my model but couldn't see anything obvious.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1784 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:57 AM

Don't let it put you off, the GTO is a gorgeous model and I see the prices are starting to rise as supply dries up.

Usual story of CMC of waiting to find one that sits right. I just sold a California as the odd angles of the rear wheels drove me crazy! My GTO is spot on though!

I wouldn't start taking it apart. I tried that with a Testa Rossa and it was near impossible, not without breaking things.

Be patient and search for one you can actually see a pic of. What colour are you after?

Posted Image

Edited by Guiddy, 26 February 2019 - 11:52 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   ssiddi2

ssiddi2

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

hope you got a good chunk of change for it.  my amelia island gto doesnt appear to have any issues.  someone wanted to buy it from me for $2200 and i've seen others sell for similar.  i didn't end up selling because i love it too much.

#4 OFFLINE   toyfiats

toyfiats

• DX Community
  • 45 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, MR, Make Up
  • Proud Citizen of: it

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

Thanks guys.  I'm after the Le Mans #19 (although the red light in the grill kinda bugs me even if it is accurate).

#5 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1784 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:38 AM

View Posttoyfiats, on 26 February 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Thanks guys.  I'm after the Le Mans #19 (although the red light in the grill kinda bugs me even if it is accurate).

Ouch, missed the boat on that one I'm afraid! I paid £340 for mine but I see they are changing hands for about £600 now! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.