Removing Side Skirt from Autoart 1/18 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV (Composite) - DX Model Repair and Restoration - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Removing Side Skirt from Autoart 1/18 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV (Composite)

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PKA800

PKA800

• DX Community
  • 30 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt/Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

Hi all, i am trying to remove the side skirt for the Autoart 1/18 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV but i am having difficulty seperating the top part of the side skirt from the body?  I have removed the base plate removing the 5 screws that hold it into place and also removed the 2 screws that hold the side skirt into place at the bottom and i can pry apart the bottom of the side skirt away from the body a little however i cannot get the top part of the side skirt to come apart and i am afraid of breaking it as it is composite and feels fragile.  Has anyone here taken one of these apart before and if so can you please let me know if there is anything else holding the side skirt in place or is it glued somewhere?  I have attached a picture showing the part of the side skirt that won't seperate from the body.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached File  ToppartofSideSkirtStuck.jpg   90.74K   0 downloads

Edited by PKA800, 18 March 2019 - 02:53 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5132 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:59 AM

View PostPKA800, on 13 March 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hi all, i am trying to remove the side skirt for the Autoart 1/18 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV but i am having difficulty seperating the top part of the side skirt from the body?  I have removed the base plate removing the 5 screws that hold it into place and also removed the 2 screws that hold the side skirt into place at the bottom and i can pry apart the bottom of the side skirt away from the body a little however i cannot get the top part of the side skirt to come apart and i am afraid of breaking it as it is composite and feels fragile.  Has anyone here taken one of these apart before and if so can you please let me know if there is anything else holding the side skirt in place or is it glued somewhere?  I have attached a picture showing the part of the side skirt that won't seperate from the body.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi not sure why but i can't open the picture that i just attached, hopefully others can?  I get a message saying that i don't have permissions?

I can't open your picture either, did you host it from a site and post that link here?

I don't think you can simply drop a picture into a thread.

Without a picture, the one thing I would look for are some pins molded into the skirt which might have been flat-melted into holes in the chassis.  This is done frequently with plastic parts attached to diecast, and might be the case if a screw wouldn't work in the fabrication of the model.

#3 OFFLINE   PKA800

PKA800

• DX Community
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

Hi ibj40, i don't have anywhere to host the picture so i just attached the picture into the thread which although it let me do it would not then let me open it.  Thanks for your advice anyway.  I tried separating the top of the side skirt from the body but it was not budging and i did not want to try with anymore force for fear of breaking the fragile composite material.

Thanks

#4 ONLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1621 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

Edit your first post, click on my media, then attachments, select your picture and click finished and your picture should then be visible.

Base
@basegtr

#5 ONLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1621 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:56 PM

Does this help? Looks like they have a peg on top that slots into the rear quarter, possibly glued. Also looks like they would need sliding down rather than prying off.

Posted Image

Base
@basegtr

#6 OFFLINE   PKA800

PKA800

• DX Community
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Hi BaseGTR, thanks for your advice, i did exactly what you said and now the picture is visible! :eusa_clap:  Thanks also for the pictures of the seperated side skirts, i have seen that picture before as i was looking on the Autoartspares site to see if i could find out more details about the side skirts and other parts to work out how what the seperate pieces may look like.  I also emailed Ben from autoartspares about how to take the side skirts apart and he has kindly replied back to me.  This is what he said in case others need to get the side skirts apart "there are only 2 screws holding the side skirts in place.  The area that you marked there is some glue.  You will need to move/wiggle/lift the side skirt off and it should come off with no problems.  There are two plastic pins connecting the side skirt to the body at that point, so try to lift more than pull, otherwise these might bend"  

Thanks to all for their advice, it is greatly appreciated! :occasion14:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.