Pocher Ducati 1:4 scale build (over the next coming months!?) - Pocher - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Pocher Ducati 1:4 scale build (over the next coming months!?)

14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JRP

JRP

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:Wildlife Photography, Scale-models, ceramic model houses
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, Pocher, AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:59 AM

Well after about 2 years absence from DX I think I'm back again.
I moved from Western part of Netherlands to the Eastern side, I also retired and picked up Golf properly as a hobby.
Still working on the new house (money pit) and with a bit of luck will be done (mostly) by end of 2019.

When the Duc was presented I was seriously tempted to buy it but I declined due the prolific usage of crosshead screws to put together this model.
I've found a Ducati for sale and will be picking it up on Wednesday. I've also found the proper hardware (Paul Koo) to replace the screws to put this bike together and can't wait to start the slow build.

QUESTION:
Does anyone on DX have knowledge of other builds (perhaps other forums) out there? If so I'd appreciate some info.
Cheers!

P.S.
To the Moderators: forgive my newfound noob-ness if this is posted in the wrong place. Feel free to move.

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 17.48.39.jpg   70.07K   0 downloads
Rob

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31001 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Moved to the correct forum, cheers.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 ONLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1817 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

I have the same kit, and I guess similar transkripts. There is guy in the US who sells screws and other upgrades and some decals (https://www.ebay.com...S-/222413084970). I bought them all but I still haven't start my build. But kit looks waaaaaaaaaay better then I thought it will be. Brutally many parts and details, and I might say even better than Lambos.
About forums. . . One you might want to check is DeAgostini model space forum http://forum.us.model-space.com they have some nice builds diaries and you might get some ideas for your build.
Also, you might find this interesting. . .
http://www.scalemoto...gali-1299s.html

#4 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12177 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

Congrats on the Ducatti buy Rob i will be tuning in to see your latest on this beauty and nice to see you around again.Do you have any more of those gorgeous wildlife photos you showed us a while back. :occasion14: :yahoo: :danke:

#5 OFFLINE   JRP

JRP

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

View Post. . ., on 18 March 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

... guy in the US ....
DeAgostini model space forum http://forum.us.model-space.com ou might find this interesting. . .
http://www.scalemoto...gali-1299s.html
Yep I've been in touch with Paul (=pjekoo) already. I'll certainly have a look at the sites you mentioned. Thx!

View Postdrivinghermad, on 18 March 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Congrats on the Ducatti buy Rob i will be tuning in to see your latest on this beauty and nice to see you around again.Do you have any more of those gorgeous wildlife photos you showed us a while back. :occasion14: :yahoo: :danke:
Hi Darren, I do but for the life of me I have no idea where those are on DX. As I said newbie LOL.

Rob

#6 ONLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:47 PM

Then you are familiar with the stuff :) Another transkits you might find useful :)

https://shop.autogra...1299-Panigale-S

#7 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 31001 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:56 AM

I quite fancied one of them when they came out, but probably wouldn't ever get round to doing it. Are they plastic or metal ? Like, are the fairings & front panel where the lights are metal or plastic ?
How do they come out of the box ? Are they completely un-painted ?

(I just saw that carmodelz have an Anniversary edition on pre-order)

F**k you Photobucket.

#8 OFFLINE   JRP

JRP

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:43 AM

Most is prepainted but IF you really want to bring out details some paint is in order. Metal rubber plastic etc etc. I'll know tomorrow when I'm picking it up. I'm just going on my experience with 5 Pocher cars built previously.

Rob

#9 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 31001 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:22 AM

Thanks! See that's the thing, I really want one, but have zero experience of painting & building :gaah:

F**k you Photobucket.

#10 OFFLINE   JRP

JRP

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:40 AM

Pocher kits are pretty easy to put together at least the Ferrari F40, testarossa, Porsche and the current Lambo's. Pretty straightforward even for a beginner. The old versions are an absolute nightmare - difficult and ill fitting. The Duc I expect to be relatively simple BUT I'm replacing all screws with allen bolts etc and that will be the NICE challenge.
The cars are like upscaled bburagos, nothing fancy (not Exoto, CMC). There's a build thread of mine somewhere on DX that shows the orange Aventador and what I added to it.

Craig: here https://www.diecastx...i-aventador-18/

Edited by JRP, 19 March 2019 - 09:47 AM.

Rob

#11 ONLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostCraig, on 19 March 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Thanks! See that's the thing, I really want one, but have zero experience of painting & building :gaah:

Might seems like a long shot (and expensive) but you can start by building something in 1:24 (some revell kits) and then something from DeAgostini, and then to Pocher. In the past I tried to build some Pocher kits, but truth to be said I didn't have much experience so I stopped. Now I'm building my skills with DeAgostini and some "cheap" Revell, Minicraft, and Entex kits. Once I master those, I will try to do few Italeri trucks I bought 10 years ago, and then Pocher. One thing I like about DeAgostini 1:8 kits is that you don't need to be true expert in building those. You actually can be beginner. They are very forgivable if you make an error, and you can buy the whole stage if you mess up something and then redo it (and new stage is 10 pounds). And one thing I can tell you, I really enjoy building all those models. It is so relaxing and it calms you down better than any medication or sedative. . .

#12 ONLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostJRP, on 19 March 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Pocher kits are pretty easy to put together at least the Ferrari F40, testarossa, Porsche and the current Lambo's. Pretty straightforward even for a beginner. The old versions are an absolute nightmare - difficult and ill fitting. The Duc I expect to be relatively simple BUT I'm replacing all screws with allen bolts etc and that will be the NICE challenge.
The cars are like upscaled bburagos, nothing fancy (not Exoto, CMC). There's a build thread of mine somewhere on DX that shows the orange Aventador and what I added to it.

One of the first Pocher kits I tried to build it was Rolls Royce and can agree 100%. . . Man that was hard, but I loved every moment of it! I really had a feeling I'm building the real car. Trying to make rolling windows work, all linkage for the breaks. . .
Also, I agree that latter models are much simpler than earlier once but those old (like RR, Mercedes, or Bugatti) they can be very easy CMC or Exoto if you try to customize them and you really don't need much to do so.

#13 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 31001 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

View Post. . ., on 19 March 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Might seems like a long shot (and expensive) but you can start by building something in 1:24 (some revell kits) and then something from DeAgostini, and then to Pocher. In the past I tried to build some Pocher kits, but truth to be said I didn't have much experience so I stopped. Now I'm building my skills with DeAgostini and some "cheap" Revell, Minicraft, and Entex kits. Once I master those, I will try to do few Italeri trucks I bought 10 years ago, and then Pocher. One thing I like about DeAgostini 1:8 kits is that you don't need to be true expert in building those. You actually can be beginner. They are very forgivable if you make an error, and you can buy the whole stage if you mess up something and then redo it (and new stage is 10 pounds). And one thing I can tell you, I really enjoy building all those models. It is so relaxing and it calms you down better than any medication or sedative. . .
You are completely right. I should start there & build up to tacking a Pocher. I'm so impatient though!!

F**k you Photobucket.

#14 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 31001 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

View PostJRP, on 19 March 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Cheers, I've just had a look through there, wow!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

F**k you Photobucket.

#15 ONLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:43 PM

View PostCraig, on 19 March 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

View Post. . ., on 19 March 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

You are completely right. I should start there & build up to tacking a Pocher. I'm so impatient though!!
Me too. . . So far I bought 15 Pocher kits and I'm not starting them until I don't built my skills on expert level because I don't want to ruin them. When I see how well they can be built and how good models can be. . . Yeah. . . I'm not ruining them. I don't have heart for that :)
Luckily there is DeAgostini for that :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.