DiecastXchange Forum banner

GT Spirit Ford Mustang GT 350 Wide body

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  LAFerrari 
#1 ·
I mentioned earlier today that i bought a Ford Mustang and that is going to be returned to the seller.
This is the reason why:

I am not sure what has happened to the model.
Have someone got any clue to what might cause this?

See less See more
#4 ·
Really easy to fix and would save you the hassle.

Just pull the tyres off one side, remove the screws that hold the chassis plate on and slide a small cheese head screw driver into the gap either side of the wheels.
That breaks the glue seal and the plate will come free.

Now you can see the axles and the glue holding them there. You can remove it now and adjust the height of the axles to suit.

I do this to all my GT Spirit models as I like to adjust the stance a little.

#5 ·
Agreed with all of the DIY repairs listed above.
I had a model (I can't remember which one it was now) where the resin 'nick' on the underside wasn't deep enough.
A few moments with a rat tail modellers flat file cut the groove down to the correct matching point for the other side.
Do this on both sides to lower a car - front and/or rear.
I just couldn't be bothered dealing with the hassle of returns and waiting for a replacement.
Which might have other issues.

#6 ·
Thanks for your repair tips guys it is appreciated.
I am bit afraid to break something if i take the car apart, the aeroparts seems abit fragile same goes with the wheels, the hubs feels abit flimsy.
I still wait for a reply from the seller i need to know if they have another one to replace it with otherwise i might keep it.

#7 ·
I'm considering lowering mine just a little to get the tyres closer to the tops of the wheelarches.
If this GTS Mustang follows the tried and tested formula, I will not need to touch the wheel rims on the axles.
All of the work will be inside the shell and positioning the notches on the brake disks to sit lower.
And it's not beyond the possibility that your wheel on the opposite side to the one pictured only needs this brake disk notch to be rotated into it's housing.
This would cause the issue you have, and be an easy fix.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I lowered the front of my BMW 1M by just dremelling up the slot where the wheels go. The slot for the brake discs didn't need touching as it was deep anyway. It made a mess. but it was easy to do and looks much better.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
R[background=transparent]emove the screws that hold the chassis plate on. [/background]
[background=transparent]Pull the tyres off one side [/background]​
and slide a small cheese head screw driver into the gap in the wheel arch either side of the wheels.

[background=transparent]That breaks the glue seal and the plate will come free.[/background]
[background=transparent]Now you can see the axles and the glue holding them there. Remove it and now the bars come free and you can adjust the height of the axles to suit by either filing down the notches on the brake discs or removing resin where the axles sit.[/background]

#15 ·
Update on the Ford Mustang.
After having a close look at the car i discovered not only is the front wheel poorly mounted it is also about to come loose i also saw what looked like a crack in the botttom part of the car close to the rear axle.
My suspicion is that at some point the car has been dropped either during assembly or during transsport.
Needless to say the car is now shipped back to the dealer so i am hoping for a replacement.

#17 ·
Update on the GT Spirit Ford Mustang.
Today i received the replacement only to have a deja vu moment, this one has the same problem, only 3 wheels are touching the ground and number 4 is hanging in the air.
It is not as bad as the first one but still annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.