Pagani Zonda C12 - replica of the very first Zonda #001 - ROBSMC's Portfolio - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Pagani Zonda C12 - replica of the very first Zonda #001

77 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:28 AM

To complete my full set of Pagani Zonda's, I needed the C12, car #001 which was recently purchased from it's owner and fully restored for Haracio and is now displayed in the Pagani museum at Pagani HQ. Since there is no decent Zonda C12 models, I asked Peako to sell me a C12 Monza at a discount, and they did indeed send me one at cost - US$200. Happy with that. So now this will be converted back to a C12 road car, not that much of a stretch as the Monza was not that modified from a standard C12.
Here is the fully restored car #001
Posted Image
And here is the Peako Zonda Monza
Posted Image
Model removed from base
Posted Image
Model disassembled in about half an hour
Posted Image
A slight production change from Peako with the interior tub and base plate molded as one piece now.
Posted Image
The front fender body louvers will have to be deleted, V shape in hood removed, front spoiler slightly changed and new low rear wing blade fabricated. New side 1/4 windows added and a couple of other small details changed, but overall, not a total rebuild of the body. Should be fun. More to come. Cheers

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30997 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:40 AM

Cool!! I'm looking forward to this!

A recognised maker needs to get on the case with this. I'm surprised no one's made it.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3762 posts
  • Interests:Instagram - @themodelcarcritic
    Facebook - The Model Car Critic
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC, GT Spirit, Top Marques

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:52 AM

View PostCraig, on 19 September 2019 - 01:40 AM, said:

A recognised maker needs to get on the case with this. I'm surprised no one's made it.

We just need some decent Zondas full stop! I think MotorMax or Mondo made the C12?

Good luck with this one, Rob! What will your total number of Zondas be after this one?
Please check out my collection thread HERE
Posted Image
Review portfolio: https://themodelcarcritic.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook...modelcarcritic/
Instagram page: @themodelcarcritic
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzS5wbCpLx-e7XxMDJa7SqA

#4 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:54 AM

Cool!! I'm looking forward to this!

Yes, I am amazed too that no one made it (Motormax excluded) but overall, the Zonda's have been ignored by all but Peako.

View Postmcaf123, on 19 September 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

We just need some decent Zondas full stop! I think MotorMax or Mondo made the C12?

Good luck with this one, Rob! What will your total number of Zondas be after this one?
Yes, Motormax made the C12, I have one that I was going to use but it is just not worth the effort. The Peako C12 is not perfect on proportions either, but it is a better starting point. After this Zonda is built, and the new BBR HP Barchetta is on the way, I will have 21 Zonda's in total. I am going to make a YouTube video before the end of the year of the whole line up to celebrate the 20 years this year of the Zonda 1999-2019 starting with this model (car #001) and finishing with the HP Barchetta.

#5 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8964 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:06 AM

I absolutely loooove the original Zonda before it went all crazy with the special editions so I'm looking forward to the result on this.
I mod stuff

Wes

#6 ONLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12173 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:39 AM

Now all of them in 1/12th please LOL. This is one of the final peices of the jigsaw .Rob,i have to pat you on the back for all your persistance with Pagani and all the final Stunning end models you have created. You Sir have the ultimate Pagani dream collection and i can't wait to see them all together. :10: :agreed: :rock: :rock: :occasion14: :yahoo: :danke: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

#7 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:39 AM

View PostStratosWRC, on 19 September 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

I absolutely loooove the original Zonda before it went all crazy with the special editions so I'm looking forward to the result on this.
Cheers Wes, it will be a fair bit of work but I think it will come out well

View Postdrivinghermad, on 19 September 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Now all of them in 1/12th please LOL. This is one of the final peices of the jigsaw .Rob,i have to pat you on the back for all your persistance with Pagani and all the final Stunning end models you have created. You Sir have the ultimate Pagani dream collection and i can't wait to see them all together. :10: :agreed: :rock: :rock: :occasion14: :yahoo: :danke: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Thanks Darren, as soon as this is finished, I will get them all together. It has taken a few years to get all these Pagani's, but I am super stoked with the collection. I have one more Zonda to build, but I won't get to that one this year.

#8 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:50 AM

UPDATE 20/09/2019

Today was a busy day at work so tonight I am just sorting out what parts I have for this build and what else i can use to help with the build. I have these 18" polished wheels barrels which are the right size and I have this set of Diablo tyres as well which are the same size as on the real car. The wheel centers are close (Brummel F40 centers) but I am getting Eddy @ MIYminimodels to print me up new centers to match the real car. Wheels sorted!
Posted Image
Next I sourced most of the interior parts, 'F' style seats from the Zonda LM model I am building, I cast these F/Cinque door cards months ago for this build as the Zonda Monza had racing door cards, and I had the instument cluster, steering wheel and speakers from the Topspeed Zonda F from way back
Posted Image
This is the Motormax Zonda C12 that I have had for a year or so, really bad model but I am going to steal some parts of it
Posted Image
Mainly the A pillar mirrors, these will be used in the build
Posted Image
I am also going to cut the parcel shelf of this Motormax interior too and graft it onto the Peako tub and refine it.
Posted Image
Before I toss the Motormax in the bin, I pulled the engine, exhaust and exhaust trim ring
Posted Image
Next I will start chopping into the body. More to come. Cheers

#9 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2424 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:06 AM

This is a great little project Rob. I really like the lines and classic styling of the C12. If it's ever released by Peako or someone else I would surely get one.
Been meaning to ask you since you are very experienced with these Peako Zondas - what's your opinion on how well Peako have captured the overall shape and proportions of the Zonda?  

#10 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12144 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:24 AM

A bit of a shame to customize a really cool original model. But, the end result will be amazing.

#11 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostPhatboi101, on 20 September 2019 - 05:06 AM, said:

This is a great little project Rob. I really like the lines and classic styling of the C12. If it's ever released by Peako or someone else I would surely get one.
Been meaning to ask you since you are very experienced with these Peako Zondas - what's your opinion on how well Peako have captured the overall shape and proportions of the Zonda?  
Thanks Mark, every Peako model has slightly different proportions in different areas, probably the best proportioned model so far is the Tricolore, the turret is higher and larger which looks more in proportion to the sides of the model. With most of Peako's Zonda's,the overall hip line of the models is close, but I find the height of the side skirt is a little high which make the side view of their Zonda's look high compared to say the Mondo /Motormax models, but they have their own issues too. The Topspeed Zonda F looks a little lower in the side view which makes it look more stretched in length, but I think their turret is too narrow. In summary, I think every Zonda model available is slightly off, but what model is spot on. The BBR Zonda HP Barchetta is now available from BBR and mine has just been shipped, so this may be the most accurate Zonda produced to date. I look forward to receiving it, even before I get it, the interior details of the BBR model already blows Peako's interiors out of the water.

View Postpreisman, on 20 September 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

A bit of a shame to customize a really cool original model. But, the end result will be amazing.
Thanks Jon, I have a stock Zonda Monza that I will keep in the collection, The Monza's are not selling that well I have been told, that is probably why Peako gave me another one for cost. (They gave me the first one for free to review on YouTube) so I don't mind chopping this up to fill the gap in my Pagani Zonda collection.

#12 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:59 AM

UPDATE 22/09/2019

Start modding the body today, but first I had to make a template of the shape of the side skirts as I have to make new thicker ones and cut a few millimeters of the bottom of the sill as it is too tall and looks out of proportion, More on this later.
Posted Image
I then removed the exhaust pipes and the jet style surround as the C12 does not have these. Also removed the mesh as this has to be painted silver
Posted Image
The C12 also does not have these rear gurney flaps, so I am filing these off. Right hand side removed, left side to go
Posted Image
Both now removed
Posted Image
I then filed the V off the nose and sanded it smooth
Posted Image
I then used my triangle file to remove the point of the center support. I then used some sand paper to round the face of it
Posted Image
I then scuffed up the fender louvers and surrounding paint ready to fill these smooth with putty
Posted Image
Putty applied. I will sand this when dry and probably have to apply a second coat
Posted Image
More to come. Cheers

#13 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 30997 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:24 AM

Nice progress there Rob! :yahoo:

F**k you Photobucket.

#14 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:02 AM

Thanks Craig, coming along.

UPDATE 24/09/2019

Yesterday I ground out the old parcel shelf of the interior tub and sanded off the lumps on the floor as the new seats have a flat bottom. I then cut off the parcel shelf of the Motormax C12 plastic interior
Posted Image
Then a bit more sanding to get the plastic piece to sit in place
Posted Image
I then applied some Tamiya putty, a bit messy.
Posted Image
Lots of sanding to get it looking ok
Posted Image
Then a coat of grey primer to see where I'm at. A bit more filling required but close.
Posted Image
Sanded up the second layer of putty where the fender vents were. These are good now, and I also covered up the carbon headlights and the carbon wiper trim so I don't accidentally mark them while sanding, as'I don't want to have to re do them.
Posted Image
Next I addressed the front splitter, this C12 Monza has a Cinque style with a step in it. The original C12 does not have this and just has a thicker rounded splitter.
Posted Image
I sanded back the lower lip to the step as the C12 splitter does not protrude out as far.
Posted Image
I then sanded the front edge with a round on it to match the real car. After the body is painted, this will have to have carbon decal on it again.
Posted Image
Next I tackled the side sills, these are quite deep and don't match the C12, so I need to remove 3mm of the bottom edge of the sill so that the new skirt (which will be 3mm thick) will line up with the new shaped front splitter (now 3mm thick too)
Posted Image
Marked the cut lines on the sill front and rear, then used some tape as a guide in the skirt scoop
Posted Image
3mm cut of the bottom of both sills and then sanded the cut flat with a sanding block
Posted Image
Here's just a piece of 3mm MDF board sitting under the sill and now this lines up with the front splitter. With the 3mm removed, this drastically changes the proportion of the side skirt and looks much closer to the C12 pictures. I will make the new sills out of 3mm plastic sheet and they will have the round on the top edge of them as well to match the front.
Posted Image
A flat side view, much better proportions. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

#15 ONLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12173 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:26 PM

Your work is just Fantastic to see,looking forward to your next installment,very enjoyable,Rob. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :yahoo: :occasion14:

#16 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:41 PM

Cheers Darren, I'll keep em' coming.

UPDATE 29/09/2019

The following is a few days of on and off again bits and pieces. A little more filling on the interior tub and masked up the center console where I want to keep the carbon. Everything else will be painted
Posted Image
Stripping the Monza dash of it's bits as the street dash does not have the roll cage horizontal bar but has a glove box which this dash does not have.
Posted Image
F style seats from the LM build which are the same as in this C12
Posted Image
I made a silicon mold of the front of the Zonda Cinque dash a month ago, so I cast a copy and I will trim this and graft it onto the Monza dash so it will become a street car dash board
Posted Image
Back onto the body and I had quite a bit of sink back with the Tamiya putty. I should have just used the 2 part putty to fill the tops of the vented front fenders. lesson learned, so another application of putty to build it back up some more
Posted Image
Filled up the slot where the Monza air scoop was
Posted Image
Filled some gaps in the skirt where I cut it off and also filled the front vents in the side skirts as these are only on the Monza, not the C12
Posted Image
Also filled in the rear under tray vents
Posted Image
Sanded up the transition in the skirt to the front off the skirt where the vent was deleted
Posted Image
Front fenders sanded again
Posted Image
Rear deck lid sanded smooth
Posted Image
Rear spats are much deeper on the Monza, these need to be trimmed at a new angle
Posted Image
Pen line to mark the cut
Posted Image
Next I masked up the shape of the rear 1/4 panels which have to be converted to windows
Posted Image
Next I drill a hole in each corner so I don't have to Dremel cut right into the corner which can be dangerous
Posted Image
Cut out the bulk and filed some of the meat out of it. Then I used the mini cutter to form a small rebate around the edge to sit the new windows in flush. Still needs a little work to tidy it up but you get the idea of the process
Posted Image
As with all builds, I sprayed the body with some grey primer to see where I'm at
Posted Image
Still needs some more filling on the bottom edge, looked fine before the grey primer, but now you can see the small gap. This is why priming along the way helps a lot
Posted Image
Back is pretty much sorted but I do have to cut a small circle vent in the rear deck lid
Posted Image
Just a little trimming with the hobby knife to clean up the edges as I cannot get a file into those edges
Posted Image
Coming together but I am still not happy with the arch of the top of the front fenders, I want to build this up some more to get a higher curve like the real car. This is a small problem with most of Peako's Zonda's, the shape of the front fender to belt line of the car.
Posted Image
I then traced the original skirts onto some 3mm plastic sheet
Posted Image
Cut them out, sanded a round on the face edges and then grey primer
Posted Image
Sitting under the body
Posted Image
Lines up nicely with the standard front splitter. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

Edited by ROBSMC, 28 September 2019 - 11:29 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   X-Filer

X-Filer

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Cars, beautiful women... the usual!
  • Number of Models:530 at the moment!
  • Favorite Brands:Signature Models
  • Proud Citizen of: pt

Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

Probably my second favourite Pagani is still the original C12 (only second to the S 7.3 which is pretty similar, I know). Damn, it's so cool to see you work, you "cut and paste" stuff with such ease that it almost looks like kid's play. Amazing, mate! I'll be checking this often, for sure!
Posted ImageTOYOTA IS FOR LIFE!

#18 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1785 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Such a great project Rob! Brings back memories of chasing a Zonda C12 across the Yorkshire Moors back in 2006 during an EVO magazine photoshoot!

I'd just returned with the Nurburgring with Subaru and knew how to make it go! She did a pretty good job of keeping up with it on B roads! My wife was in the passenger seat of the C12, I'd say she had even more fun than I did (Which was a huge amount as you can imagine!)

Posted Image

Just to make it an even more crazy day it wasn't the only Zonda there, there were two!

Posted Image

Edited by Guiddy, 01 October 2019 - 03:31 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8964 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:02 AM

View PostGuiddy, on 01 October 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

Such a great project Rob! Brings back memories of chasing a Zonda C12 across the Yorkshire Moors back in 2005 during an EVO magazine photoshoot!

I'd just returned with the Nurburgring with Subaru and knew how to make it go! She did a pretty good job of keeping up with it on B roads! My wife was in the passenger seat of the C12, I'd say she had even more fun than I did (Which was a huge amount as you can imagine!)

Just to make it an even more crazy day it wasn't the only Zonda there, there were two!

Oh heeey, Harry Metcalfe's old Zonda! Too bad he sold it. IMO he should have kept it for another 10 years and made so much more money on it
I mod stuff

Wes

#20 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:03 AM

Nice one Dan, that blue C12 is stunning.

UPDATE 2/10/2019

Now that the slot in the rear bodywork has been filled, I marked out the center line of the body and using video's off YouTube of this car at Geneva this year, I scaled the hole at 10mm in diameter and also marked out the location of the fuel filler as the Monza had fuel fillers in the side 1/4 windows.
Posted Image
Hole drilled with a pilot hole first, then a 5mm and then a 10mm drill bit. Also drilled a small hole for the fuel filler, then used a cone grinding bit in the Dremel to dome the hole
Posted Image
Sanded the putty in the rear underside vents
Posted Image
This is the nose upside down. I need to thicken the nose panel but adding putty and trying to sand that parallel would be extremely difficult, so I made some templates out of card and will build it up with some 2mm thick plastic sheet. This will give a perfectly flat underside edge
Posted Image
First side of plastic sheet glued in. I use a pencil eraser cut into wedge blocks to squeeze in to hold it under pressure while the glue dries.
Posted Image
Second side in and I did sand these back close to the final shape before I glued them in so that leaves less sanding to do later. They will just need a light skim of putty to fill the crack but this is an easy way to build up the body
Posted Image
I also filled in the center vents (dome shape) and primed the back. Another little skim and should be done
Posted Image
I had to fill a couple of little gaps in the bottom edge of the sill where the new skirt meets it on both sides. Now the new skirts fit up nice and flush.
Posted Image
I had an idea for the mesh that goes in the round hole in the rear top of the body. I tried this afternoon by drilling a 10mm hole in a block of MDF board. I got a couple of pin punches out of the garage and tried to push form into the block some photo etch mesh
Posted Image
First one I tried didn't go to good, all the sides folded up on each other as there was too much material on the sides. So this is the second try. I cut wedges out of the sides of the mesh to reduce the side material
Posted Image
Started to work but still squarish edges where the mesh folds
Posted Image
Next one I cut more wedge shapes out of it to form a sun shape
Posted Image
Came out much better
Posted Image
I just inserted it into the body hole from underneath. It will be easy to glue in after the body is painted and then I have to work out how I am going to fit a C12 emblem on the mesh, but today is a win for sure on this little detail. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   snackwel5

snackwel5

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:Watches, Baseball, Coin Collecting, Music, Photography
  • Number of Models:57 - 1:18
    11 - 1:43
    300+ - 1:64
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Maisto, Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:27 PM

Wow, what an incredible build! This by far has to be one of my top 3 favorites of your builds, with the likes of the Zonda GR and the CCGT.

Really look forward to following this thread!
Posted Image

#22 ONLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2155 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:53 PM

View Postsnackwel5, on 02 October 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

Wow, what an incredible build! This by far has to be one of my top 3 favorites of your builds, with the likes of the Zonda GR and the CCGT.

Really look forward to following this thread!
Thanks mate

UPDATE 7/10/2019

Back onto the build and started by sanding the plastic sheet I added into the nose of the car flush and ready to add the putty each side
Posted Image
I then added some Tamiya 2 part putty into the sides of the front opening as the Monza had wider openings than the C12 (sorry about the blurry pic)
Posted Image
I also added some putty to both sides of the rear spats as these are different too from the Monza, much fatter towards the wheel well.
Posted Image
After about 2 hours of the putty drying, I used the Xacto knife to cut the basic shape of the inside edges of the putty, this will make sanding the insides much easier as there is less bulk to remove with the sandpaper
Posted Image
I also added the left over putty to the tops of the front fenders where I felt the shape of these was a little flat. I wanted to get a bit more height and curvature over the standard model to improve the overall look of the nose of this C12 custom.
Posted Image
Marking out the position of the A pillar side mirrors. I just used pics of the web again to scale the position up the A pillar
Posted Image
I then drilled the holes in the A pillars to accept the diecast mirrors from the Motormax Zonda C12 model. The Peako Monza mirrors are completely different and not usable
Posted Image
Rear spats that I added putty too sanded to the desired shape
Posted Image
Now with the desired curvature
Posted Image
Before I start sanding the putty in the nose, I made a card template of the angle, then transferred that to a block of MDF board, then glued some 180 grit sandpaper to it to make sanding the nose shape easier and flat
Posted Image
Here you can see how this will work to remove the bulk of the putty and get it close to the shape
Posted Image
Sanded flush with the block. A little fine tuning still to be done
Posted Image
Still have to fill the join where the plastic sheet meets the resin, and also have to cut in the body join. And also fit the driving lights in the new section of putty
Posted Image
Another round of sanding on the putty on the top of the fenders. The 2 part putty is so good at getting bulk where you want it, then a final skim of Tamiya putty will smooth things out and fill any of the last small imperfections and sanding marks
Posted Image
Sanded the center pillar in the mouth opening to it's final round face shape and also sanded the front lip a little on the underside to match the side sills. The a coat of Tamiya grey primer to see where I'm at.
Posted Image
The primer layers make it much easier to see where the imperfections are and to draw a line to cut the body lines in
Posted Image
Primer on the rear spats to to check what extra filling is required
Posted Image
Most of all the major filling and shaping is done now, just have to go over the whole body and fill any pits and some final touches before the body will be ready to paint. Just sat the wheels under it and sat the interior pan in place as well as the windows to have a look. Oh, and I will still have to make that big flat rear wing too before it goes to paint. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

#23 ONLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12173 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for the update Rob,you have this building models game sussed this is just fantastic to see,keep them coming. :10: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :yahoo: :occasion14: :danke:

#24 OFFLINE   Robbo1983

Robbo1983

• DX Community
  • 21 posts
  • Number of Models:Too many!
  • Favorite Brands:UT, AutoArt, Otto, Ertl, GMP, Highway 61, Kyosho and many others!

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

Incredible build, fantastic work!

#25 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 30997 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:24 AM

Great update there Rob!! It's really taking shape and looking great! :occasion14:

F**k you Photobucket.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.