DiecastXchange Forum banner

My 1:18 Collection Thread

32K views 271 replies 49 participants last post by  cwbs 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
My humble little collection has changed a lot in the past two years, and that means it's time I make a new collection thread:

Edit March/2024:
Here's a few old pics from my Flickr account. I stopped taking pics of my collection as I don't have time for it. It's too much work and I don't enjoy it as much as I once did. I have many models which I never took pics of, particularly recent adds. Still, I'll try to update this with a pic or two sometime.

Most recent pics on Insta: one18diecast ā€¢ Instagram
Older pics on Flickr: 1:18 Model Cars ā€¢ Flickr

Thanks for watching! (y)

See less See more
#15 Ā· (Edited)
Update with three Kyosho Audi R8:

Funny story, I had made tons of driver's side shots of the white R8 above, only to find out that the driver's side mirror had detached itself and was pointing upwards in a funny angle. The above shot is one of the few where the bent up mirror doesn't show, the remaining I had to delete.

Edit March/2024: I must have deleted the pic on Flickr, I replaced it here with the one above.

#16 Ā·
yeah, its annoying when you take a bunch of photos and then something is misaligned. one time i took a bunch of photos, only to see i didnt close a door properly when i got the photos on my computer :S
had to redo half of the photos because the gap was very noticeable.

#18 Ā· (Edited)
R8 is such a nice car, I like it especially in white
I love the R8 in white, with the black side blades and other black parts contrasting with the white.

I don't think it looks as good in many other colors tbh, I think maybe in silver, shame Kyosho didn't do that one I think, not sure any other maker done it in silver (in 1:18).

Couple more updates this evening:

#36 Ā· (Edited)
Well done cwbs - a big step forward!!
For the time being I help myself with diffuse lighting from TV screen and tablet/phone but this solution is much better.
Thanks vulpex

Those panels improved my photos 200%... also I no longer have to depend on good weather or time of day, I can even click some photos at night time on weekdays.

HWE Ferrari FF, 575M Maranello and 360 Modena.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.