1/18 Toyota Camry XLE (Luxury)Vs. Camry XSE (Sport)...Dealer Editions By Sum's Models (Almost Real) - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 Toyota Camry XLE (Luxury)Vs. Camry XSE (Sport)...Dealer Editions By Sum's Models (Almost Real)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:22 PM

Toyota is getting A LOT of bang for their buck, or shall I say "Yen" in this case, with their 8th generation (Globally) Camry. All of this "BANG" for all of the said bucks is coming from Toyota's wise decision to build a plethora of vehicles on their new "TNGA (TNGA: GA-K Specially for their Camry)" global architecture platform. This new platform allows Toyota to increase or decrease the base size upon which the cars are built up on. So, this is why cars like the New Toyota Crown, Lexus LS500, Lexus LC500, larger new Toyota Avalon & Lexus ES300s, Mid Size Camry, Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX, Lexus NX, Toyota RAV-4, Lexus UX Crossover, Prius series of cars, and even the Aygo can be built with efficiency. Also the TNGA is shared with Daihatsu's vehicle line up as well.  

So, as these are Chinese Dealer Edition Models, Toyota in China have set up two or three different factories which are not under one umbrella/independently owned in China to build specific cars. Basically, certain factories build certain cars and aren't affiliated with the other Toyota factories located through out China.That being said, you will find things like the same basic cars with different names or one factory builds a Sport model while the other builds a luxury version of the same car (for example the Toyota CH-R vs. the Toyota IZOA..which are identical but have minor detail and wheels differences). This also applies to my two Camry models featured here, different factories. It was so extreme in the past that I had two 2005 Toyota Crown Royal Models from two different factories in China...they were both clearly different models for sure.

Moving on to the models, you will be impressed with great build quality, ultra high details (with many working features like sliding front seats, sliding  panoramic roofs as well as tilting moon-roof with sliding sunshade (The roofs on these I have to check again..I took these pics back over the summer), rear center armrest that swing out.Then there are details like the perforated front grilles, fabric seat belts with PE-metal buckles, soft touch multi-material seats, carpeted floors and truck, with load floor that lifts up to show spare tire & tool case underneath and all of this for a low priced point. Just remember, that these are built by the same company/factory that owns & builds Almost Real, but are sold for around $60-70 bucks USD.

The dynamics here are, that Toyota went aggressive with this 8th generation Camry design. I'm not going to lie, but I was shocked when they debuted these two aggressively styled Camrys as an Accord competitor (as the Honda Accord cleaned up and with "Modern" clean versus aggressive design).
I actually like XLE's large gaping lower front grill. Yeah, most people hate it, I don't. This grill looks cleaner and like it's obviously the design theme that drove the overall form/theme of the new Camry. Even the lux'd out version is actually aggressive, more so than luxurious up front. I also like the lace style rollers that the XLE sits on and it that this level comes with chrome side window trim for further differentiation from the sport model with black trim. Then there is the highly detailed front and rear lights and the dynamic lines that sculpts the side of this design. It just works as a theme.
Moving along, to the XSE, it's a bit too dramatic or "Busy" upfront (It's too broken up). I am not a fan of the front facia/bumper on this sport model..looks like a bad interpretation of Gundam IMO. That said, I really like the rest of this trim. The aggressive two-toned wheels, quad rear exhaust pipes (which really do work on the 1/1..but, needs to be painted black on the inner tips of the models), the model also features a slick two-toned paint job(black roof) as well as black side mirrors and black window trim plus aggressive two toned sport wheels to signify that is the sportiest of the Camrys. Nice added details like the black rear spoiler, and a vivid red interior really bring a good highlight to this model. Overall the XSE looks great!..but what's better is both Camrys next to one another to highlight their differences.

Also both Camry models feature rear smoke tinted privacy glass. Nice Touch!

We really are living in the golden age of diecast, especially for "Everyday" vehicles, and these two North American "Top Sellers"  replicated as miniatures and 1/1 in China are a great place to start. You won't be disappointed. I'm glad that the Chinese government actually invest in promoting these types of models, so that it can help sell the 1/1s. If it weren't for them, models like this would never get made.

On to the pics! :nice: CHEERS!  :occasion14:

Begin!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Toyota Camry XLE (Luxury)...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Toyota Camry XSE (Sport)...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two Of The Best Looking & Most Exciting Camry Designs Ever.. CHEERS! :occasion14:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:†id

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:58 PM

Nice comparo! I had both of these the exact same colors but ended up selling the Luxury version. I agree, they donít dissapoint and great value for the money

#3 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 296 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:†my

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:39 PM

:duh: I always thought these dealer editions were made by Paudi. Something new learned today!

Someone in my neighborhood drives a white Hybrid. Looks very sleek indeed. Since it is a Hybrid, it does not have the dual exhaust which I think really elevates the rear quarter view. Personally would take the XLE because quad exhausts seems to be an overkill... :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1293 posts
  • Interests:Cars,movies,audio&video,travel.
  • Number of Models:143
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt,BBR,FrontiArt,Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:†se

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Thank you for the detailed review of both cars.
They booth looks really nice and as expected they are packed with details and functions.
I still wonder how they manage to sell these models for that price, i mean the Toyota Camry sells for roughly $80-$100 without discounts.
Now all they have to do is this version of the Camry:

https://cnet3.cbsist...y-trd-promo.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:14 AM

View Posttanayast, on 22 October 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Nice comparo! I had both of these the exact same colors but ended up selling the Luxury version. I agree, they don't dissapoint and great value for the money
Thanks Stefanus!! :danke:  Yep, I remember yours too :nice: ..I almost sold my white one as well(since I have had this these models since the beginning of the year..I'm so late with this posting my friend) as I wanted Wine Red and Blue Hybrid, but I am glad that I kept my 1 XLE, so that I now have some contrast with my XSE :yahoo: You are so right!, you won't be disappointed with their great value for money :twocents:  CHEERS! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:20 AM

View PostYeow Yi Fan, on 22 October 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

:duh: I always thought these dealer editions were made by Paudi. Something new learned today!

Someone in my neighborhood drives a white Hybrid. Looks very sleek indeed. Since it is a Hybrid, it does not have the dual exhaust which I think really elevates the rear quarter view. Personally would take the XLE because quad exhausts seems to be an overkill... :lol:
Thanks! :danke: There are many Chinese diecast houses beyond Paudi..I just found out that Paudi pays other companies to make their models for them, and unfortunately didn't pay someone this morning! :omg: ..so they only got half of their orders.  :rolleyes:
I am surprised that I too like the XLE more than the XSE, I don't dislike the XSE, but details like the front looks like an after thought for added visual aggression...I am sure that it will sell for that alone :nice:  I'm just glad that someone made these in 1/18th scale, especially these two and the Hybrid even. :eusa_clap:  CHEERS! :occasion14:

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:31 AM

View PostLAFerrari, on 23 October 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Thank you for the detailed review of both cars.
They booth looks really nice and as expected they are packed with details and functions.
I still wonder how they manage to sell these models for that price, i mean the Toyota Camry sells for roughly $80-$100 without discounts.
Now all they have to do is this version of the Camry:

https://cnet3.cbsist...y-trd-promo.jpg
Thanks Morgan! :danke: I'm glad that you liked this review. :nice:
Yes they are packed and so underestimated for what they bring to the diecast world in details, materials weight and unbelievably low price. :eusa_clap:  :yahoo: :eusa_clap:
Now, for pricing, they are so cheap thanks to the Chinese Government helping subsidize the Chinese Auto Industry. they models are see as nothing more than Promotions for the real cars(but obviously more as you can tell that they were made by passionate detailed oriented people) and  that is why they can be sold so low. Remember, we are paying the after sales prices from a 2nd party. I imagine, if you could buy these in China directly at the dealerships, they are probably around $30-40 bucks USD or less in some cases according to a friend located there.. :twocents:  So, we really luck out with what is still relatively cheap for us compared to other name branded companies plastic stuff for 5 to 7 times more unfortunately :gaah:
If Toyota ends up selling the TRD Camry & Avalon in China, I wouldn't be too surprised to see those in 1/18th scale as well. :yahoo:  CHEERS! :occasion14:

#8 ONLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3902 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of:†bg

Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:11 AM

The sport version looks like a regular Lexus with that grille, lol. The luxury is definitely better to my taste. I wish we had easier access to these models... Then again maybe not... I am strugging for space as it is, I can't even imagine if I could get such models for cheap :giggle:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#9 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:45 AM

View PostT1000, on 24 October 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

The sport version looks like a regular Lexus with that grille, lol. The luxury is definitely better to my taste. I wish we had easier access to these models... Then again maybe not... I am strugging for space as it is, I can't even imagine if I could get such models for cheap :giggle:
Hey, at least you can drive a Toyota that looks like a Lexus, my score some date brownie points if you're single. :nice: /...that said, if you saw a Camry XSE rolling around here, in Europe it would stand out for sure as a nice car, meanwhile in the US and Canada, it just becomes a backdrop  :rolleyes:  Yeah, it seems like the lot of us mainly found the luxury version to be more appealing. Now, I don't hate the Sport, the front is just a bit "messy" graphically.  :rolleyes:
LOL!!! :giggle:  If we had easy access to many of these AMAZING Chinese here in Europe, I'd be done for space wise!..in fact, I already am :occasion14: CHEERS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.