2019 Cadillac CT6 - Dark Grey (1:18) - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

2019 Cadillac CT6 - Dark Grey (1:18)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:18 AM

Posted ImageUntitled by tanayast, on Flickr

Another daily driver released as 1:18 :occasion14:
This time it's the facelifted version of the Cadillac's flagship sedan, the CT6. As with most Chinese Dealer Promo cars, this one is loaded with great features such as full openings, functional moonroof, slide-able front seats, working fuel filler caps, and reasonably good quality (see more below on this). I make no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Cadillac's current design language (to the point I own 2 Cadillacs in my garage :nice: ) and for me this 1:18 CT6 is a must have. I love the dark grey color choice and proportion is excellent and really shows a car that doesn't try to copy anyone else. It's just so uniquely Cadillac.

I wished they would've made this 1:18 in the 4.2 Blackwing version instead of this 4-cylinder Turbo. And I would prefer the 20" sport wheels. Speaking of Sport, when I looked at this 1:18 for the 1st time, I thought it was weird how the window trims are all blacked out but the door handles and other bits are left chrome. But upon looking at Cadillac's web configurator, it's actually accurate to USDM's Sport trim where it's exactly like this 1:18: blacked out window trims and everything else are still chrome. I may black them all out including the wheels in the near future, but will leave it as is for now. The interior is the best feature of this 1:18. You can almost feel and smell the plushness of this interior. The carbon-fiber trims are well replicated here.

There are 2 things that I personally found annoying with this car and ended up fixing them immediately:

(1) The lazy cambers of the front wheels : I ended up removing the springs and wedging a combination of washers and spacers in its place to force the spindle into a very slight positive camber without load, so when the car is on the ground the wheels are at zero cambers.

(2) The uneven gaps on the left rear door. I removed the screw that holds the door hinge to the B-pillar (require removal of interior trim) and move the door slightly forward to even the gap. Luckily there are enough play on the hinge to move it just enough.

At $125 it's not the steal of the century, especially with some build issues I mentioned above, but with the 1:1 subject matter so cool and my love of Cadillac's design direction, it makes it worth it for me (personally). I would recommend adding one to your collection if you're a fan of a newer American cars and can find a great deal.

Here are some outdoor pics I shot earlier. I just love taking outdoor pictures during autumn with the leaves changing colors.

Posted ImageCT6 by tanayast, on Flickr

Edited by tanayast, 02 November 2019 - 11:21 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

WOW!! That is GORGEOUS!!! :drool5:  Congrats Stefanus!!! :eusa_clap:
I am surprised that I am the first person to reply to this amazing new post! :dunno:  That said,I decided to WAIT and see if another versions comes out with a larger engine..because, last time, I bought Grey, then later came white and the v8 engine versions, so that was stuck with my 4 banger turbo. :gaah:
I am a little surprised that you already had to  take this new one apart to adjust the wheels :omg: ...I had to also take my light grey one apart and then fix the stance on both front and rear tracks as well the rake by lowering the rear ride height.
That said, I am not looking forward to doing all of that again. I am hoping that a larger engined version will be out soon and this time around, I hope for a white one..but, if Not, this will do :nice:
Congrats again my friend!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#3 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

View PostD N, on 02 November 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

WOW!! That is GORGEOUS!!! :drool5:  Congrats Stefanus!!! :eusa_clap:
I am surprised that I am the first person to reply to this amazing new post! :dunno:  That said,I decided to WAIT and see if another versions comes out with a larger engine..because, last time, I bought Grey, then later came white and the v8 engine versions, so that was stuck with my 4 banger turbo. :gaah:
I am a little surprised that you already had to  take this new one apart to adjust the wheels :omg: ...I had to also take my light grey one apart and then fix the stance on both front and rear tracks as well the rake by lowering the rear ride height.
That said, I am not looking forward to doing all of that again. I am hoping that a larger engined version will be out soon and this time around, I hope for a white one..but, if Not, this will do :nice:
Congrats again my friend!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Thanks Dave
:occasion14:

Yes I saw your posting about correcting the stance on your CT6. Luckily on this one I didn't have the rake issue, just the lazy cambers on the front wheels.

White color will be amazing on this car! :drool5:  Let's hope they come out with the CT6-V in white!!

#4 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1213 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:30 AM

That is a beautifully made model, packed full of features! :drool5: :eusa_clap:

I also have a soft spot for modern Cadillac's very distinctive design, and I should own more models of them regardless of the fact I don't collect 4 door sedans.

#5 ONLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3902 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

Impressive model of an even more imposing looking car :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#6 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

View Postcwbs, on 03 November 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

That is a beautifully made model, packed full of features! :drool5: :eusa_clap:

I also have a soft spot for modern Cadillac's very distinctive design, and I should own more models of them regardless of the fact I don't collect 4 door sedans.

Yes indeed, they are packed with tons of features to the point it made me said for having to buy the sealed resin versions of cars I like because no diecast companies are making them.
Cadillac really is on a roll with their design direction :occasion14:

View PostT1000, on 03 November 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

Impressive model of an even more imposing looking car :drool5:

Thank you! Yes the 1:1 CT6 is really a beautiful car to look at, especially in this facelifted version.
They stayed with the classic "6-windows" design and keeping the roof line low. Compared to S-Class or 7-series, this CT6 really looks tidy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.