1969 Dodge Charger R/T...by Ertl Authentics - DX Muscle Cars | Pony Cars | Hot Rods - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1969 Dodge Charger R/T...by Ertl Authentics

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:56 PM

Well, shame on me!  :rolleyes:
I have had this model  since it's original release date and it's still GORGEOUS every time that I take it out of it's box for a look. So, shame on me for finally getting around to properly shooting and marking these shots.
Even though we now have Autoworld re-issuing Ertl molds, I still miss Ertl's Authentics line. The main reason that I miss EA, is because they were constantly releasing new molds more often than AW just re-releasing existing models (other than the 2017 Mustangs the 6th generation Camaros).

What I really love about this model is, that it rivals HY61, actually a bit better, as the chrome plated parts around the wheel wells are platted plastic on EA vs HY61 using delicate foil :dunno:

So, for me 2nd gen Chargers like this one are a bit personal. My mother was the first car nut and it rubbed off on me. My Grandfather wasn't much of a car nut and my now late mother and grandfather had this story to tell. "When I finished High School (In 1968) and was accepted into college, I wanted a Firebird, but Daddy said no, it was too fast! So, he went down to the Chrysler Dealership and came back with a Dodge Charger R/T, which ran 150 MPH off the show room floor (As she reminded me again in 1993 when I got a Nissan 240SX SE Fastback(Also from my Grandfather as I was also in College then), which she said.."Ha, you think that's fast?..My car ran 150 MPH off the showroom floor!" (then went back into house through the garage, leaving me feeling lame looking at my then new car). So, my grandfather wasn't much of a car person, but he did like Chrysler products as well as Oldsmobile domestic products.
I wished that I had one of the photos of my Mom as a teenager standing by her first car. Her Charger R/T (From the pics that I did see) was like an olive green with a black vinyl roof, black wrap around rear fender tail stripe with R/T on it. 500 wheels with red pin-line tires :eusa_clap: :yahoo: My Grandfather was awesome and so was my mother!  I miss them both :occasion14:
So, this model has the many working features that Ertl Authentics are known for, like pivoting seats, realistic hood hinges, flip over headlights, pull up front antennae, extremely detailed motor bay and trunk detailing as well as near perfect exterior paint finishes and specific trim to model correct wheels matching what a 1/1 would really look like.

Although, this is a 1969 and not a 1968, I still loved this design and always have since the Dukes of Hazard as well as finding out later than my mom had a 1/1 for her first car. :nice:

So, on to the model! :occasion14:

Begin..
Posted Image

Exterior...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interior/Chassis/Motor & Details...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for Reading and Checkout These Pics! :occasion14:  Cheers!
Interior & Details...

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Floper54

Floper54

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 843 posts
  • Number of Models:400+
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, Autoart, GMP, Minichamps,.....
  • Proud Citizen of: fr

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:34 AM

Cool story and beautiful model ! The coke bottle design of the 68 / 70 Charger is still amazing today.

Any differences between the Ertl Authentics and the Autoworld Charger ?

My 1/18 collection : 400+ models http://www.diecastxc...118-collection/

#3 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3680 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:42 AM

I do miss a big, classic American Muscle in my 1:18s... I have a 'new' Camaro and a few 1:24s.. This one is one that I would love to have in my "garage" :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#4 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1577 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:21 AM

Great story and I love the headlight features!!

#5 OFFLINE   Haderach

Haderach

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:Metal music and cars!
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:45 AM

Awesome model indeed. :smile:  I'm so happy I got one while they were still available ...

Posted Image
Links to all my diecast threads: Haderach's collection
My photos: Flickr gallery

#6 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Badminton; Music; Automobiles
  • Number of Models:1:64 x ~2,100
    1:18 x ~40
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

Very cool story indeed. I truly envy those with petrol heads in their family as everyone around me see vehicles as "depreciating assets".

If there is one muscle car that is as brutal as it is beautiful to look at, it is these Chargers with the concealed headlamps. Also, the dog dish covers give it a more evocative look.

#7 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

View PostFloper54, on 17 November 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

Cool story and beautiful model ! The coke bottle design of the 68 / 70 Charger is still amazing today.

Any differences between the Ertl Authentics and the Autoworld Charger ?
Thanks. Yeah, I miss both of them, my grandfather and recently my mother...but, I an laugh at the charters they had about cars with my mom influencing me to love cars and my grandfather making sure that i got to live my automotive dream from investing time into helping me get there from an early age. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

As far as any differences between the Ertl Authentics and the Autoworld Charger, I don't know?..except for maybe colors, trim levels and model differences :nice:

Cheers! :occasion14:

View PostT1000, on 17 November 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

I do miss a big, classic American Muscle in my 1:18s... I have a 'new' Camaro and a few 1:24s.. This one is one that I would love to have in my "garage" :drool5:
Hey, I am thrilled with all of my AW 6th gen Camaros!! :yahoo: :eusa_clap:  Those models were created with the help of "TOMY" (Tomica), and they are good...I just would like to see more "NEW" castings versus re-colors for the older Ertl castings like this Charger :yahoo:
Yes, you should add one of these in your 1/18th scale garage! :occasion14:

View Posttanayast, on 17 November 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

Great story and I love the headlight features!!
Thanks Stefanus :nice:  Yeah, I was feeling a bit sad today thinking about how I won't see my mother alive here again...still can't believe that she's gone.
Yes, this model is FULL of working features, it's a really good model! :occasion14:

View PostHaderach, on 17 November 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

Awesome model indeed. :smile:  I'm so happy I got one while they were still available ...

Posted Image
Great model! :eusa_clap:  It's a really good looking model with the dog dishes! :yahoo:  
Nice Shot!!! :occasion14:

View PostYeow Yi Fan, on 17 November 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

Very cool story indeed. I truly envy those with petrol heads in their family as everyone around me see vehicles as "depreciating assets".

If there is one muscle car that is as brutal as it is beautiful to look at, it is these Chargers with the concealed headlamps. Also, the dog dish covers give it a more evocative look.
Well, my family also has it's shares of members that could careless about cars too  :rolleyes: ...and they want me to know that they don't like cars, it's annoying, especially since my profession has always been in the auto industry. :gaah:
Yes, these things are all kinds of automotive "sassy/sexy/seductive" because it's as you say, brutal and beautiful :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#8 ONLINE   Dee

Dee

• DX Community
  • 22 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, HWY61, EA, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: ru

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

I think this model in this very color is the best '69 charger ever made in 1/18. I hope some day i'm gonna get it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.