Subaru Impreza 1st Gen (GC8) Pair - Garage Diorama Set - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


Subaru Impreza 1st Gen (GC8) Pair - Garage Diorama Set


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

The 1st generation Subaru Impreza is my favorite Impreza generation. Growing up watching those GC8 Impreza on TV in action as Rally cars really piqued my interest with this car and I ended up owning a 1:1 1st gen Impreza about 15 years ago (sadly wasn’t a WRX or anything fast). So as 1:18 collection goes, the GC8 Impreza is a must for me!

I was lucky enough to buy the old AutoArt WRX Coupe a long time ago when they were widely available. This WRX-Blue colored car is the older AUTOart release meaning there is no front side windows. But regardless I love this 1:18! It has that old-AUTOart feel of true goodness and quality craftmanship.

The black 22B is AUTOart’s second release equipped with front side windows and better hinge mechanism for the hood. I purposely chose the black 22B so I have some variation within my collection since the old WRX car is blue. Although I am not sure if a black 22B exist in real life.

I have this old diorama set I built around 2010. It started to show its age but I figure I’d give the 2 GC8’s their spotlights in this diorama set along with the garage tool set. With thick snow currently blankets the ground, my photoshoot will have to be indoors until next spring.

Hope you enjoy these photos

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageUntitled by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageGC8 Impreza by tanayast, on Flickr


FLICKR ALBUM: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJpeeA8

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31397 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:17 AM

A great shoot with two absolute classic Imprezas! :yahoo: :yahoo: :drool5: :drool5:  I have the early release 22B, the four door WRX in White and the two door WRX in Blue. :occasion14:

F**k you Photobucket.



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#3 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:22 AM

View PostCraig, on 22 November 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

A great shoot with two absolute classic Imprezas! :yahoo: :yahoo: :drool5: :drool5:  I have the early release 22B, the four door WRX in White and the two door WRX in Blue. :occasion14:

Thanks Craig!! :occasion14:
I would LOVE to get a gold of the 4-door 1st gen Impreza! I regret now buying them 15 years ago when they were easily available.
I'm thinking about getting the 4-doors Sunstar Rally Cars but hasn't pulled the trigger.

#4 OFFLINE   thebigmacmoomin

thebigmacmoomin

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Interests:Cars, Football, Motorsports
  • Favorite Brands:All of them
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:47 AM

The 22B was Blue only
All of my modified models : https://[email protected]/sets/

#5 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

    Senior Member

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6548 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

those and the 2003 Imprezas are my favorite Subarus. im not really liking the new Imprezas.
nice diorama

#6 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

View Postthebigmacmoomin, on 22 November 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

The 22B was Blue only

That was my suspicion. But I didn't regret getting the black since my other 2-door WRX is Blue.

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 22 November 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

those and the 2003 Imprezas are my favorite Subarus. im not really liking the new Imprezas.
nice diorama

Thanks Alex!

#7 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31397 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

The SunStar rally models are ok, but not up to AUTOart standard. But for, say £50 for an opening model, they are ok.

F**k you Photobucket.



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#8 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

Nice images and great insight to why you like the 1st gen Imprezzas Stefanus! :eusa_clap:  Many, back when I was finishing college, a few friends bought the 2 door WRX look alikes in the US and I too loved the rally cars from that era. They were great looking street cars & looked magnificent as rally cars :drool5:
I too bought these when they were new, but to buck a trend, I bought the Yellow WRX Coupe of course first gen release 22B in addition to the later cars :nice: ..I currently have my stash of Imprezzas together waiting to be shot together. I just need to make time and get my Evos upstairs done.

You're diorama still looks good as new my friend! :eusa_clap:

Posts like this really make me miss the old AUTOart..but with so many great Chinese makers picking up the slack at old AUTOart prices with more detail, I am pretty satisfied! :yahoo:  CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#9 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:26 PM

View PostCraig, on 22 November 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

The SunStar rally models are ok, but not up to AUTOart standard. But for, say £50 for an opening model, they are ok.

I kinda like the white 4-door rally one but it's getting hard to find

View PostD N, on 22 November 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

Nice images and great insight to why you like the 1st gen Imprezzas Stefanus! :eusa_clap:  Many, back when I was finishing college, a few friends bought the 2 door WRX look alikes in the US and I too loved the rally cars from that era. They were great looking street cars & looked magnificent as rally cars :drool5:
I too bought these when they were new, but to buck a trend, I bought the Yellow WRX Coupe of course first gen release 22B in addition to the later cars :nice: ..I currently have my stash of Imprezzas together waiting to be shot together. I just need to make time and get my Evos upstairs done.

You're diorama still looks good as new my friend! :eusa_clap:

Posts like this really make me miss the old AUTOart..but with so many great Chinese makers picking up the slack at old AUTOart prices with more detail, I am pretty satisfied! :yahoo:  CHEERS! :occasion14:

Thanks Dave :occasion14:
Can't wait to see shots with all your Imprezas!

Agreed on your comment about missing the old AUTOart and the presence of the Chinese model makers now.

Edited by tanayast, 22 November 2019 - 09:27 PM.


#10 OFFLINE   rony_dg

rony_dg

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Love dynamic duo you've got there Tanayast. I recently got myself the black 22B even after purist telling me that it should only be blue! But i actually love the black one! It looks so badass! Looks like a car straight out of FnF franchise! Congrats. Also that's a sweet diorama.

#11 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:30 PM

View Postrony_dg, on 23 November 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Love dynamic duo you've got there Tanayast. I recently got myself the black 22B even after purist telling me that it should only be blue! But i actually love the black one! It looks so badass! Looks like a car straight out of FnF franchise! Congrats. Also that's a sweet diorama.

Thank you! :occasion14:
Yes no regret buying the black 22B too here :yahoo:

#12 ONLINE   T1000

T1000

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3902 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bulgaria
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:26 AM

Subarus in a service? Blasphemy, lol. Cool pics and great models :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#13 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:03 AM

View PostT1000, on 24 November 2019 - 12:26 AM, said:

Subarus in a service? Blasphemy, lol. Cool pics and great models :drool5:

Thanks! :occasion14:
Let's call it the prep work on the night before the race :yahoo:

#14 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

View Posttanayast, on 22 November 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

View PostCraig, on 22 November 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

The SunStar rally models are ok, but not up to AUTOart standard. But for, say £50 for an opening model, they are ok.

I kinda like the white 4-door rally one but it's getting hard to find

View PostD N, on 22 November 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

Nice images and great insight to why you like the 1st gen Imprezzas Stefanus! :eusa_clap:  Many, back when I was finishing college, a few friends bought the 2 door WRX look alikes in the US and I too loved the rally cars from that era. They were great looking street cars & looked magnificent as rally cars :drool5:
I too bought these when they were new, but to buck a trend, I bought the Yellow WRX Coupe of course first gen release 22B in addition to the later cars :nice: ..I currently have my stash of Imprezzas together waiting to be shot together. I just need to make time and get my Evos upstairs done.

You're diorama still looks good as new my friend! :eusa_clap:

Posts like this really make me miss the old AUTOart..but with so many great Chinese makers picking up the slack at old AUTOart prices with more detail, I am pretty satisfied! :yahoo:  CHEERS! :occasion14:

Thanks Dave :occasion14:
Can't wait to see shots with all your Imprezas!

Agreed on your comment about missing the old AUTOart and the presence of the Chinese model makers now.
Well, at least collectors like us, still have a source beyond AUTOart :yahoo: CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#15 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:42 AM

View PostD N, on 25 November 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Well, at least collectors like us, still have a source beyond AUTOart :yahoo: CHEERS! :occasion14:

Yes, and that's the feeling I have a few years ago when Norev, i-scale, and Paragon starting to get into the game (and I am still glad they did!).
That being said, I have to admit these is always something 'premium' about AutoArt cars. I was looking at my old AUTOart Lexus LS600hL while watching Netflix last night and I just fell in love with that LS600hL all over again. Opened the door and you can almost smell the leather.

#16 OFFLINE   Sebastian

Sebastian

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ore Mountains / Saxony
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:45 AM

Nice Diorama and Pictures!

Posted Image


#17 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:57 PM

View PostSebastian, on 06 December 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

Nice Diorama and Pictures!

Thank you :occasion14:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.