1/18 1967 Chevy Impala SS 427 Coupe...by Ertl Authentics - DX Muscle Cars | Pony Cars | Hot Rods - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 1967 Chevy Impala SS 427 Coupe...by Ertl Authentics

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

Just like my 1969 Dodge Charger, I have had this 1967 Chevy Impala SS 427 Coupe by Ertl Authentics since it's original release date and it's still a GORGEOUS piece. The color looks AMAZING and really draws me back into it every time that I take it out of it's box. I did take these pics in 2018, but due to personal reasons, I didn't post them until now.

Autoworld has done a really wonderful job in the past on their Ertl Authentics line. The main reason that I miss EA, is because they were often an alternative to HY61 and overall more of a solid model with much better build quality.

So, this model has the many working features that like all Ertl Authentics are known for. Features like pivoting front seat backs, realistic hood hinges, opening glove box, pull up/push down rear antennae, extremely detailed motor bay and trunk detailing as well as near perfect root beer colored exterior paint finish and specific trim to model correct wheels matching what a 1/1 would really look like.

This model wasn't on my radar many years ago when I bought it, but it caught my eyes while strolling down the toy isle at friend's hobby shop. :nice: I'm really glad that I bit, because it was worth the bite (over a decade later when I still look at it) :yahoo:
Begin..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Layout...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...Details..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interior...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Details...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of the best! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1577 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:†id

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

Great lines on that Impala! True American classic! Iím sure you were glad you picked this 1:18 up from that shop back then!

#3 OFFLINE   colourkin22

colourkin22

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1222 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music/Drums, Things that move, Diecast.
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61/Kyosho/Pocher/Ertl..etc.
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

Such a great looking car and the Authentics line really showed what Ertle was capable of when they increased the cost a little bit. I Got the '50 Oldsmobile and was blown away with the detail.
Full Collection @ https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/59177-colourkins-collection/

#4 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

View Posttanayast, on 25 November 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Great lines on that Impala! True American classic! I'm sure you were glad you picked this 1:18 up from that shop back then!
For me, this is a case of a model influencing me to start to take a liking to the 1/1. It's a gorgeous model! :drool5:  
The color on this model is just breath taking and rich. Ertl did a really good job with this one. :eusa_clap:
Too bad that they couldn't survive on their own anymore, because I would have liked to have seen more highly detailed Ertl Authentics new castings, as AW is just re-releasing old molds with the exception of the 6th gen Camaro and current gen Mustang :occasion14: CHEERS!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#5 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:07 PM

View Postcolourkin22, on 25 November 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Such a great looking car and the Authentics line really showed what Ertle was capable of when they increased the cost a little bit. I Got the '50 Oldsmobile and was blown away with the detail.
Exactly! Wouldn't it have been nice, if Authentics would have stuck around long enough to be have done a 1983/83 Hurst Olds/442, and Pontiac Grand Prix from the mid-80s to pair with my Monte Carlo SSs and Buick Regal GNX, Grand National & T-Types :bawling: :gaah:
That said, could you imagine, if EA would have also been making the current Chrysler products, and ALL of the current big three trucks and more these day? We'd be so lucky, if they were all sold at AW prices :yahoo:  That said, I would like to hope that AW is getting wiser and will start releasing new 1/18th scale molds. :occasion14:

#6 OFFLINE   rony_dg

rony_dg

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:†in

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

Congrats! This looks really well made by ERTL! I got hooked to this car since i started watching Supernatural! Really wanted to add the scale model made by greenlight but i beleive it would be better to add this one! Love the color on this! :occasion14:

#7 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

View Postrony_dg, on 26 November 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Congrats! This looks really well made by ERTL! I got hooked to this car since i started watching Supernatural! Really wanted to add the scale model made by greenlight but i beleive it would be better to add this one! Love the color on this! :occasion14:
Thanks Rony! :danke:  It's really a good model, in fact one of the best detailed fully detailed ones. Too bad that Ertl didn't ever do a four door, but I think that you would be pleased with this coupe! :occasion14:

#8 OFFLINE   sparky 117

sparky 117

• DX Community
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Diecast collecting, photography, astronomy, antiques.
  • Number of Models:Just over 100.
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Exoto, CMC, Acme/GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

I love that model and the color is really sweet.
Dust Happens

#9 OFFLINE   schuifelhoofd

schuifelhoofd

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5214 posts
  • Interests:Too much & not enough time
  • Number of Models:+220
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl, AW, AUTOart, Highway61.....
  • Proud Citizen of:†be

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:01 AM

How did i miss this one? I like my black-on-black, but this colour is GORGEOUS !!

Sven's collection on DX
Sven's collectors registry (got list) on Scale18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.