1/18 AUTOart Honda Civic Type R FK8 - AUTOart - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 AUTOart Honda Civic Type R FK8

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   broz13

broz13

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, motorsport in general
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of:†it

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:26 PM

Hello guys, what's up?
Since I bought a new model ( and I still haven't found any review about it), I decided to try to review the new CIVIC Type R Fk8 made by AUTOart!

Is it any good? Is it worth the money? Let's find out!

FRONT

Posted Image

GREAT work here by AUTOart. As you can see, the front resembles PERFECTLY the real car! Perforated upper and lower grille, and even the vent on the bonnet has a super mini perforated grille too!
Even the headlights are like the ones on the real car!
My only concern is abouth the "Honda" logo, maybe it's a little too big?
The "fake carbon" front lip is perfect, with the weave that makes it look like the one on the real car.

Now let's move on!

SIDE

Posted Image

First thing you notice looking at the side of the car is the stance - FINALLY AUTOart solved this problem!
In fact, this model has a perfect stance - too high would make it look like a standard Civic, too low and it will look like a stancecar, and this isn't the case.
Second thing that I noticed is the brake disc: it's perforated, with a MASSIVE front brake! Looks amazing on black rims.
Also, look at the gaps! Looks like a resin model, although it's a composite one!

Posted Image

Rear side: normal brake disc and pads ( Let's remember it's a FWD car, so it has a BIG braking system on the front only), but you can see the AMAZING rear spoiler and the, again, "fake carbon" side skirts: AMAZING!

Again, also, perfect stance on a completely stock car.

REAR

Posted Image

The rear is DOMINATED by the MASSIVE rear spoiler, and by the 3 (YES, THREE) exhausts!
The rear is the BEST part of this car, and AUTOart captured it perfectly!
Again, maybe the "Honda" logo is a bit too big and not 100% straight.
The rear lights are PERFECT, it looks just like the real car!

OPENINGS

This car has openings bonnet and trunk, and also all four doors opens; so, let's look at it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who can tell which one is the real engine, and which one is the engine of the model?
The engine bay is just AMAZING, maybe it hasn't got a lot of details, but if you look at it you won't be disappointed.

Posted Image

What disappoints me, however, is the interior of the car: too plasticky, but at least it looks again EXACTLY like the real car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The rear looks quite better, but still disappointed from the front interior.

Posted Image

Here is the trunk of the FK8: carpeted, just like the real car, it even has two latches on the rear of the rear seats, good job!

Would've liked a foldable carpet, maybe with a spare wheel - but maybe I'm asking too much.

FINAL REVIEW

So, at the end of the review, all I have to say is: good job AUTOart, but you could have done a little better and make this a PREMIUM model.
Why the plasticky interior? With such a good effort on the outside, why ruining everything on the inside?

Despite the interiors, however,I would still suggest to buy this model - It's almost a premium model, and a MUST for all the Honda lover.

And you guys, what do you think?
It's the best Civic FK8 in 1/18, or the LCD/ Ebbro ones are better? Let me know!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   MB63AMG

MB63AMG

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 608 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:05 AM

As much as I am a fan of LCD for their Range Rovers, the AutoArt model blows it way in terms of fit and finish. The LCD panel gaps leave a lot to be desired. Really need this model to get released here in the states.
Latest Additions: : 1:18 Norev Mercedes C257 CLS in Red

Incoming: 1:18 Kyosho Bentley Bentayga in Orange, 1:18 Kyosho Bentley Mulsanne Speed in Blue, 1:18 Minichamps Bentley Continental GT in Gray, 1:18 Kyosho Bentley Continental Flying Spur in Purple, 1:18 Norev Audi A8 in Black

Wish List: 1:18 AutoArt Lamborghini Aventador S in Verde Mantis, 1:18 AutoArt McLaren 720S, 1:18 AutoArt Bugatti Chiron, 1:18 AutoArt Aston Martin Vantage S in Ming Blue

Full collection list in profile

#3 ONLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3720 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of:†bg

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:41 AM

Lovely review and model :eusa_clap:

I was shocked to find out the 1:1 has those same massive but sealed fake grilles... :wtff: Why do car manufacturers think this is cool? Either put real grilles or use that space for something else more creative :gaah:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#4 OFFLINE   broz13

broz13

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostMB63AMG, on 29 November 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

As much as I am a fan of LCD for their Range Rovers, the AutoArt model blows it way in terms of fit and finish. The LCD panel gaps leave a lot to be desired. Really need this model to get released here in the states.

Totally agree with you - The LCD model costs less than the AUTOart, but the gaps it has, for example, between the hood and the fenders is way too big. And it's a pity, because it's a well made model for its range of price

View PostT1000, on 29 November 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Lovely review and model :eusa_clap:

I was shocked to find out the 1:1 has those same massive but sealed fake grilles... :wtff: Why do car manufacturers think this is cool? Either put real grilles or use that space for something else more creative :gaah:

I think they do it for styling purposes only, but I agree with you - a real grille would have been way better than a fake one

#5 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8759 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

Itís the end of the year and we still donít have it in North America due to some licensing problem...
I mod stuff

Wes

#6 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11094 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

Congrats Broz!! I'm glad that you're back! :yahoo:

Well, AUTOart did a good job on this model, I really wanted a grey one as well, but I had pre-ordered the LCD version (Which was supposed to be made by LCD Models)..but after, Ebbro and LCD fell out, all of Ebbro's data was used to do the LCD versions, at half of what Ebbro had planned to charge. So, I ordered two LCD Models for less than what Ebbro had planned to charge.

Also, the LCD Civics are using Ebbro's data, that's why they aren't as sharp as the Range Rover models.

So, since I have a good relationship with my dealer in China, I just asked could he please send me the FK8 with good hood gaps. However, even AUTOart's hood gaps aren't perfect. Most of these modern car models don't have tight hood gaps, as diecast or scaled down plastic can't get so thin.  :rolleyes: :gaah: What bugs me the most is the chassis lack of deeper detailing on teh LCD version and teh gront seats..they are pretty much teh same what that Ebbro did on teh  older Type-R. If only LCD had changed their data to LCD level.

He sent me these pics, so I am waiting to receive these two Type-Rs to park next to my Ebbro Type-R.. :yahoo:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#7 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11655 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:42 PM

I have mostly ignored AUTOart over the past couple of years, with only the newest GT3 RS being added to my collection. But, this looks good. AUTOart tends to be weak with interiors, gaps and everything looking too much like plastic. The Civic looks very well done on these accounts. And the paint, wheels, tires and such still look very good. I simply have no interest in owning a newer Civic.

If this is what I can expect from new AUTOart models, I might take a look at adding a few soon.
The Lonesharks Volvo follow on Instagram

#8 OFFLINE   broz13

broz13

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostD N, on 30 November 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

The LCD Civic doesn't look bad at all, but what made me pick the AUTOart instead is the colour - I couldn't find a grey LCD Civic ( only white or red), which is a colour I really love.
But I have to admit that probably I will be buying an LCD Civic, just to compare the two models :yahoo:

#9 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 878 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:44 AM

A very good review and excellent pictures to illustrate your points. I am a great enthusiast for the Honda Civic Type R FK8, especially for it's dramatic looks, which turns the head of every 10 year old (as my son can testify) like no production hot hatch has ever done before. I have been looking forward to the AUTOart release of this car more than any other in 2019 but unfortunately, it is outside my budget for 1/18 scale model car collecting. For that reason, I bought the signifcantly cheaper LCD Honda Civic Type R FK8 in Flame red which arrived yesterday. My first impressions are that it is a very, very impressive model. I will posting a separate review shortly. Meantime, thanks for your review which I will use to benchmark my review later.

#10 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11094 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:44 PM

broz13, on 01 December 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

D N, on 30 November 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

The LCD Civic doesn't look bad at all, but what made me pick the AUTOart instead is the colour - I couldn't find a grey LCD Civic ( only white or red), which is a colour I really love.
But I have to admit that probably I will be buying an LCD Civic, just to compare the two models :yahoo:
Coincidentally, my red & White LCD Civics just came today..I will posting them tomorrow when another model arrive sthat i was expecting yesterday.

Yes, the LCD models were originally the Ebbro 1/18th scale models..but,l their deal with LCD fell through, so LCD wet ahead with only four colors of white/black/red & blue..they didn't bother with grey, which I too would have liked Brodi :gaah: Anway, your AUTOart version looks good to me my friend!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#11 OFFLINE   BluePhirePB

BluePhirePB

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 552 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:16 AM

View PostStratosWRC, on 29 November 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

It's the end of the year and we still don't have it in North America due to some licensing problem...
Today is January 17th, 2020.  We still have yet to get any CTRs here. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.