Shipping time from Exoto during black friday/Christmas sales - Exoto - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Shipping time from Exoto during black friday/Christmas sales

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AllOutApex

AllOutApex

• DX Community
  • 29 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, Autoart, Biante, Classic Carlectables, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:†au

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

So i recently placed an order with Exoto. I am well aware of their woeful customer service and read up on how to deal with them if things go wrong. However for Black Friday, their XS model prices were surprisingly very low so i couldn't help but purchase a few.

After placing the order on the 1st of December the order status remained pending so i called on the 5th. They explained that due to the high amounts of orders during this time, they were at a bottleneck and would slowly be shipping out these orders in the next two weeks. Made sense.

Now it has been two weeks and the order still says pending.
I am asking if anyone else here has experience with buying from Exoto during a busy sales time. What was your waiting time for in stock items to be shipped out? Does it really take 2 whole weeks to process and ship out an order? Knowing from experience as my family runs a similar online business that it DOES NOT.

Either way i will not be purchasing directly from them ever again.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy and science, diecast, sim racing,
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:†pk

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:46 PM

Sounds like you are about to scammed. Tell Tony K to ship in a day and send you proof of shipment otherwise you should create a "item not shipped" case on PayPal.

... and I do hope you used PayPal for the payment!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8955 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:29 PM

About a month. I called 3 times I think. Doesnít bother me. I get the models when I get them, no rush.
I mod stuff

Wes

#4 OFFLINE   AllOutApex

AllOutApex

• DX Community
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:39 PM

i wish i could have that sort of mentality Stratos, unfortunately i do not. As a company, you should cater towards the entire spectrum of customers, this includes those who want their products as soon as possible, so by default, you should not let them wait for even a few days without giving some sort of information or update.

And thank you for the suggestion Uzair, i will give them a call and tell them exactly that. And you bet i used paypal.

#5 OFFLINE   Arnage

Arnage

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 938 posts
  • Interests:Modern and classic cars
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:CMC & Autoart

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

About 3 weeks but that was back in 2017. There was a mistake in my order so I called. He was helpful in resolving and I received the model shortly after.
See my collection here
Instagram:
@stradale333

#6 OFFLINE   AllOutApex

AllOutApex

• DX Community
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:35 PM

Well i called and  I assumed Tony K was on the other end. Even though it was after hours in the US, he explained that the website has issues with showing whether orders have been shipped or not and will email me tomorrow morning with the tracking number if the order has already been shipped. Hopefully this is the case and not an excuse.
Sorry if it seems like my replies are late, i usually reply straight after but it needs moderator approval.

#7 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1780 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:28 PM

You did expect this though right? Just remind yourself if you paid super low prices it's worth the wait.

Annoying though as I see someone like CK Models can deal with shipping the best part of 500 Autoart Bugatti EB110's sold in a matter of days!

#8 OFFLINE   snowman

snowman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1266 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Many!
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostGuiddy, on 14 December 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

You did expect this though right? Just remind yourself if you paid super low prices it's worth the wait.

Annoying though as I see someone like CK Models can deal with shipping the best part of 500 Autoart Bugatti EB110's sold in a matter of days!

CK are Germans, though :nice:

M.

#9 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8955 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:44 PM

View Postsnowman, on 14 December 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

View PostGuiddy, on 14 December 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

CK are Germans, though :nice:

M.

The whole exoto operation is him, someone who sounds like his wife and maybe a couple of people. From my phone calls with him, Iím kinda convinced of this lol
I mod stuff

Wes

#10 OFFLINE   AllOutApex

AllOutApex

• DX Community
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:43 PM

I retract my statement of never buying directly again, it seems on the 9th of December, a UPS tracking number appeared under the original Paypal transaction, which Tony K told me to check when i called. But to be honest i would've never thought to check Paypal to find the tracking number. Usually i just check my emails or the order status on the website. Oh well, perhaps i will buy again during another sale. Sorry for all the confusion lol.  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.