#1 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 293 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:55 PM

I suppose it is safe to suggest that I will be one of the very first members here entering the year 2020. To be exact, in ~14 hours from the time of writing this.

2019 has given me much ups and downs, some very cherishable (highlights being settling into my new home and buying my first ever vehicle), some I rather forget (low point being some financial episodes with my parents. I absolutely hate discussing about money with my family but being from a rather conservative Asian family, something I have to live with).

Many things come and go but one of the few that remain a constant, albeit progressively evolving due to preferences, is my scale model interest.

To end this year on a more positive note, sincere thanks and best wishes to all those who make this forum what it was created to be. Those who administer, those who inform new product releases and those who post reviews and showcases that help us make better informed purchasing decisions. (Also those who read and comment on my reviews deserve more recognition here because my subject matters are not for everyone...  :rolleyes: )

Like a few members here, I am scaling back on the hobby significantly. Though I still frequent the forum every day I am actually spending more time on Bring a Trailer. Moving forward, I plan to add only 1 model per month. Jaguar's marketing slogan sums up my situation best: Grace, Pace and Space.

Grace - My collection is slowly taking shape to how I envision it 2 years ago. Having acquired most of the coveted items thus far, I think I can really afford to tone down my acquisitions rather gracefully to make the hobby more sustainable.

Pace - By slowing down I am actually enjoying the hobby more! Think about it, at most times, your bulk items arrive, you inspect them, take some Instagram-worthy pictures and back they go to the packaging especially if your cabinets are full! I usually leave the model wide in the open on my living room couch for a few days first. This is how I do a "long term review" of my models by "living with them" for days before putting them inside the cabinet... :lol:

Space - NEED MORE DETOLF... Seriously, I am starting to feel the strain of my current display capacity. The short term solution is to custom-make some acrylic cases. The long term solution is to move to a bigger home. That I foresee is not possible at least for another decade... :bawling:

So whoever you are, I hope you have achieved most of your 2019 goals and will succeed in meeting most of your 2020 aspirations. This is not a resolutions-listing post because we are all mature enough to list unrealistic goals publicly... :lamende: (So treat it as an epilogue to your 2019 season collecting if you will...)

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2214 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:41 AM

that's a charming post, Yeow Yi Fan! :-) I too wish you much luck, happiness and success for 2020, mate :-)

#3 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:25 AM

Likewise to you, too :occasion14:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.