2019 Nio ES8 (Founders Edition)..by Almost Real (Sum's Models) - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

2019 Nio ES8 (Founders Edition)..by Almost Real (Sum's Models)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11254 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

My first post for 2020 on DX :yahoo: One that I have been sitting on for a while and now just getting around to sharing finally.

A lot of people are complaining about Almost Real not living up to quicker releases promised. Well, models like this Dealer/Founder's Edition are the reasons why. It's no BIG secret that companies like Almost Real(Sum's Models)/KengFai/Gaincorp Corp/Paudi Models/LCD Models and Century Dragon use their facilities to manufacture other "Western Brand's" products over in China.
That being said, they have to pay their bills. So, I can forgive them a bit(just a bit) for being later on releasing their own models. Especially when you see the details that I'm about to share, you can understand why AR is slower on releases(No excuse, but you will see).

So, I was surprised that I owned this particular model for months and hadn't realised/realized that it was made by Almost Real until I took it off of it's base to make my 2020 New Year's Card. Color me shocked, because all along, I thought that KengFai was the maker. Boy, did I feel strange or wildly mis-/uninformed when I looked at those words "Almost Real & Sum's Models" stamped on the bottom of battery pack base(as it 1/1 scaled down battery pack, not a toy one).  Also, I never looked under the bottom of the box which also read "Almost Real/Sum's Models". It is really a heavy two part lift-shell style box. Because one has to lift off the top (due to the model sitting in the lower box for display purposes), so one rarely ever wants to chance looking under this type of box (Especially with teh model stored inside).

First of all, this model looks really fresh (Like the 1/1). The design drew me in to it. One of my American friends heads up the Nio design team and another friend and former colleague from China coincidentally is currently the VP of Design of Nio as well as the other brands under the entire umbrella company. So this was a MUST have model for me. Also, seeing this vehicle on the sci-fi movie "Wandering Earth" peeked my interest. Fully electric pug-in EV and new tech like the little interactive robot assistant that sits a top of the dashboard makes this a very interesting vehicle overall in 1/1 reality. It certainly has a more distinctive looks than say, a Tesla Model X(Which has every Tesla's face), and I should have purchased one of those for a head to head comparison, but $250 bucks, no thanks (When Tesla had them priced at $210 it was a hard pill to swallow).

When I hold this model, it's truly a quality piece to behold. It's a very heavy model, which is full of many functioning details and visual delights. Things like working charging volt door covers will impress nearly every type of collector, as they are easy to push in to release, thus swinging upwards to display miniature charging ports that sits behind them on each front fender. Then like every highly detailed Chinese model, it features folding side mirrors. huge panoramic sliding sunroof, opening doors, rear tailgate, and hood(bonnet) to display a FULLY and HIGHLY detailed electric machinery that sits under that prop-rod supported front hood. Meanwhile, the exterior has perforated front vents, highly detailed and clearly clean lighting details, P.E. badging, excellent chrome plated trim detailing, two-toned high contrasting wheels and excellent two-toned black over blue paint scheme. It's a breath of fresh air to show so much detail on an EV miniature.
Moving inside, you will find a rich deep tan versus black interior color combination. Details like the interactive robot sits a top of the dash, then the front passenger seat reclines with with a swing-out ottoman and foot rest from the floor as well as main seats which can slide backwards or forwards ..and all on a 1/18th scale model! The third row seating can be pushed down for a flat load floor, the interior is carpeted, the headliner is a lighter color(like the 1/1), all of the cubby holes/storage/stowage areas throughout the cabin and info graphics are well represented too.
The model has working suspension, metal brake discs, a metal chassis. All of this comes mounted to a suede carpeted base, inside of a show box to highlight that it is in fact a "Founder's Edition" Limited and Special Edition Model. Almost Real have done a wonderful job here and It's certainly well worth a look or even purchase, to what will eventually could be the first fully electric plug-in Chinese EV possibly sold outside of China's Domestic Market.

I highly recommend this piece. :eusa_clap:

Begin...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!!!...
Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1656 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:47 PM

First, great looking SUV!

Second, as of the 1:18, I can never get tired looking at the details and craftsmanship of these Chinese models. Granted there were some iffy ones in the past but looks like AR really nailed this one down. This model address 2 of my pet peeves: Panel Gaps and Door Trim Alignments, which looks GREAT on this model.

Thanks for sharing the photos and review! :occasion14:

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11254 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:59 PM

View Posttanayast, on 03 January 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

Second, as of the 1:18, I can never get tired looking at the details and craftsmanship of these Chinese models. Granted there were some iffy ones in the past but looks like AR really nailed this one down. This model address 2 of my pet peeves: Panel Gaps and Door Trim Alignments, which looks GREAT on this model.

It's an absolutely great new-ish looking SUV and it's a real alternative to the Model X.

I'm glad that you pointed out the gap tolerances..I had taken them for granted, as AR has spoiled me with their recent offerings :eusa_clap:

I'm glad that you liked this review. Will you be adding one as well?

CHEERS! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1656 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

View PostD N, on 03 January 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

It's an absolutely great new-ish looking SUV and it's a real alternative to the Model X.

I'm glad that you pointed out the gap tolerances..I had taken them for granted, as AR has spoiled me with their recent offerings :eusa_clap:

I think I might add this AFTER the Kyosho LX570 if my budget still permits

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11254 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

View Posttanayast, on 05 January 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 03 January 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

I think I might add this AFTER the Kyosho LX570 if my budget still permits
Stefanus, it's a really detailed model. Very heavy!! I think that you'll love it :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.