"Civic Society" (Part 2) 1/18 LCD Model Civic Type-R FK8 (Red) Vs. Honda Civic Sedan OEM DE (Blue) - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


"Civic Society" (Part 2) 1/18 LCD Model Civic Type-R FK8 (Red) Vs. Honda Civic Sedan OEM DE (Blue)


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:31 PM

The title for this one speaks for itself.

As I have already put two past and present Honda civic Type-rs together in a previous posting found here if you're interested: https://www.diecastx...vic-type-r-fk2/  
I have decided to do a photo comparison between the two body styles here by using other color selections in my collection.

Also, note the differences on how detailed the OEM's metal chassis is, but the Type-R's engine bay is a lot better. One thing with this generation Civic is, trying to get their hoods opened due to tight shutlines and compound forms. The OEM version sedan cheated a bit. The entire hood, including the nose section before it opens, so that the it's easier for the collector to access the motor bay. With the OEM, one could just lift from the front versus trying to get a finger nail in at the sides.  

I like the differences in details, like the door handles being body color on the Type-R vs. chrome on the sedan. The fact that LCD made proper hinges and kept the costs similar (lower even). Then how the sedan has a functional pano-roof and the Type-R is solid.
Both models have great exterior and interior detailing. It's only when you pick up the LCD and turn it over to view the chassis, that's when you can find it's weak spot. This is a result of that model originally going to be an Ebbro release, so LCD Models didn't revise that area.

Other than some differences and that chassis let down, i really would recommend both to a Civic fan or Honda Collector.  


Please enjoy the images. Cheers! :occasion14:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

    Senior Member

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6485 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

seeing the Type-R from the side, the panel gaps are pretty tight. thought it was sealed at first :)

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:14 PM

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 16 January 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

seeing the Type-R from the side, the panel gaps are pretty tight. thought it was sealed at first :)
Hey Alex! Thanks. :nice:  
The thing that I found out about this model is, that the hood can be pushed down more to make the gap smaller, as the hinges pivot a bit. WHEW!! :yahoo:
I really like mine a lot, despite the chassis. I still think that it's a steal over AUTOart, as I got two for less than one of theirs. :twocents:  Have you added one yet, or will be soon? :nice:
You will be happy with it for sure! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#4 ONLINE   MSZ

MSZ

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Favorite Brands:OttOmobile/GT Spirit/Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

Yes part two is finally here. The sedan surprisingly holds it's own very well against the Type-R.

The panel gap issue on the Type-R has been way overblown by some people. I have the model itself and it's totally fine.

#5 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

    Senior Member

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6485 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

View PostD N, on 16 January 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 16 January 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

seeing the Type-R from the side, the panel gaps are pretty tight. thought it was sealed at first :)
Hey Alex! Thanks. :nice:  
The thing that I found out about this model is, that the hood can be pushed down more to make the gap smaller, as the hinges pivot a bit. WHEW!! :yahoo:
I really like mine a lot, despite the chassis. I still think that it's a steal over AUTOart, as I got two for less than one of theirs. :twocents:  Have you added one yet, or will be soon? :nice:
You will be happy with it for sure! CHEERS! :occasion14:
nah i wont get one, im not felling the styling of many new cars. the newer Civics included. but i would have interest in a Civic EK Type-R or Civic Si Coupe 2000.

View PostMSZ, on 16 January 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yes part two is finally here. The sedan surprisingly holds it's own very well against the Type-R.

The panel gap issue on the Type-R has been way overblown by some people. I have the model itself and it's totally fine.
lol what, there was a problem with these panel gaps? looks perfectly acceptable in Davids photos here :S

#6 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1692 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

Great pics and review Dave :occasion14:
And just notice the 'cheat' too on the sedan's hood opening! I used to have the sedan same color, but I sold it to fund my MotorHelix Type R.
But this review just wet my appetites for the LCD Type R :nice:

#7 ONLINE   MSZ

MSZ

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Favorite Brands:OttOmobile/GT Spirit/Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 16 January 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 16 January 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 16 January 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

seeing the Type-R from the side, the panel gaps are pretty tight. thought it was sealed at first :)
Hey Alex! Thanks. :nice:  
The thing that I found out about this model is, that the hood can be pushed down more to make the gap smaller, as the hinges pivot a bit. WHEW!! :yahoo:
I really like mine a lot, despite the chassis. I still think that it's a steal over AUTOart, as I got two for less than one of theirs. :twocents:  Have you added one yet, or will be soon? :nice:
You will be happy with it for sure! CHEERS! :occasion14:
nah i wont get one, im not felling the styling of many new cars. the newer Civics included. but i would have interest in a Civic EK Type-R or Civic Si Coupe 2000.

View PostMSZ, on 16 January 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yes part two is finally here. The sedan surprisingly holds it's own very well against the Type-R.

The panel gap issue on the Type-R has been way overblown by some people. I have the model itself and it's totally fine.
lol what, there was a problem with these panel gaps? looks perfectly acceptable in Davids photos here :S

Yes there are at least a couple of members here mentioned that they would get the AUTOart one instead because of how "bad" the LCD looks.

#8 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:54 PM

View Posttanayast, on 16 January 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

Great pics and review Dave :occasion14:
And just notice the 'cheat' too on the sedan's hood opening! I used to have the sedan same color, but I sold it to fund my MotorHelix Type R.
But this review just wet my appetites for the LCD Type R :nice:
Thanks Stefanus! :nice:
Man, I really would add one of the LCD Type-Rs..it's a steal compared to the AUTOart TBH, especially price wise from China :yahoo:
Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#9 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:59 PM

View PostMSZ, on 16 January 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 16 January 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 16 January 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 16 January 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

seeing the Type-R from the side, the panel gaps are pretty tight. thought it was sealed at first :)
Hey Alex! Thanks. :nice:  
The thing that I found out about this model is, that the hood can be pushed down more to make the gap smaller, as the hinges pivot a bit. WHEW!! :yahoo:
I really like mine a lot, despite the chassis. I still think that it's a steal over AUTOart, as I got two for less than one of theirs. :twocents:  Have you added one yet, or will be soon? :nice:
You will be happy with it for sure! CHEERS! :occasion14:
nah i wont get one, im not felling the styling of many new cars. the newer Civics included. but i would have interest in a Civic EK Type-R or Civic Si Coupe 2000.

View PostMSZ, on 16 January 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yes part two is finally here. The sedan surprisingly holds it's own very well against the Type-R.

The panel gap issue on the Type-R has been way overblown by some people. I have the model itself and it's totally fine.
lol what, there was a problem with these panel gaps? looks perfectly acceptable in Davids photos here :S

Yes there are at least a couple of members here mentioned that they would get the AUTOart one instead because of how "bad" the LCD looks.
LOL!! Let them waste their money on a better chassis and a lot of plastic :giggle:  Meanwhile, I'm good with my two for less than their one Plasti-Art! :nice:  Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#10 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:14 AM

View PostMSZ, on 16 January 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yes part two is finally here. The sedan surprisingly holds it's own very well against the Type-R.

The panel gap issue on the Type-R has been way overblown by some people. I have the model itself and it's totally fine.
Hey Leo, I have to agree, the sedan does hold it's own really well against the hotter hatch :eusa_clap:
Also, I don't get why people a few keep saying that the sedan is ugly? :dunno:  It's actually one of the best looking civic sedans that I have seen. :yahoo:
TBH, I also thought that hood panel gap was going to be really large, but then I figured out that it was adjust able, so, that one could mash it down a wee bit to seal the look..WHEW! :eusa_clap:
I'm pleased with mine :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#11 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bulgaria
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:44 AM

Two different, but quite nice models. In the end my heart goes for the Type-R :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#12 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:38 PM

View PostT1000, on 17 January 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

Two different, but quite nice models. In the end my heart goes for the Type-R :drool5:
Thanks, I really like both models. :eusa_clap: Yup, for me the Type-R is clearly the one. However, I would like to see what a sedan would look like with Type-R treatment (as it had been for the last few years outside of Europe) :hope:
Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.