Jeep Cherokee Limited (XJ and KL) - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


Jeep Cherokee Limited (XJ and KL)


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:18 AM

I have been wanting to take these photoshoot for a while of the original (XJ) and the latest (KL) Jeep Cherokee, and finally got a chance to do this with the new-release 1:18 from Paudi Models.

This 2019 model one is the facelifted KL generation. Like most of Paudi Models, the Cherokee is featured packed with full opening and highly details interior and engine. Although as a anomaly to most Chinese made dealer promos, the fuel filler door doesn't open on this one. Build quality is good with one complaint of the 'droopy' driver side mirror. This is the Chinese market spec which is very close to the US-Limited spec with the exception of clear side marker. So I thought it'll be cool to put the US-California plates.

The original XJ shown here is 1:18 old release from Otto. Unfortunately it is a sealed resin but the proportion and shelf presence are really good! This is actually the EU spec Cherokee based on the lights, hence the French license plates. To me after so many years, the XJ Cherokee is still the best looking SUV out there, and it really was the pioneer in unibody family SUV (also the plus of amazing off road capability).

I realize the diorama doesn't really match these Jeeps as those garage dioramas are more slated for exotics, but with winter here I can only do indoor photoshoot and this is the only diorama I have.

Hope you enjoy the photos :occasion14:

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Cherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Posted ImageCherokee by tanayast, on Flickr

Edited by tanayast, 17 January 2020 - 07:21 AM.


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 293 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Singapore
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:48 AM

Beautiful XJ! I don't like that Jeep has 'soften' the Cherokee though I can understand why.

There are some China dealer edition XJs in diecast metal and full opening from Ali Express actually. :nice:

#3 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bulgaria
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:50 AM

Very nice Jeeps. Love the spec of the classic one and the details of the newer one :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#4 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:57 AM

View PostYeow Yi Fan, on 17 January 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

Beautiful XJ! I don't like that Jeep has 'soften' the Cherokee though I can understand why.
There are some China dealer edition XJs in diecast metal and full opening from Ali Express actually. :nice:
I love the XJ and had actually owned one in the past. ONe of the best vehicle I had, very reliable and will go thru anything.
Yes, I saw those diecast XJ's and considered them before, but I kinda like the Otto's rendition of the newer XJ in limited trim so I decided to go with it.

View PostT1000, on 17 January 2020 - 07:50 AM, said:

Very nice Jeeps. Love the spec of the classic one and the details of the newer one :drool5:
Thanks ! :occasion14:

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:00 AM

Hey Stefanus, I love it!! :eusa_clap:
I too have the KL in white with a brown metallic also on the way.. It's a great looking model. :yahoo: I passed on the pre-facelifted one(now, i kind of regret that, as they would look good together)..but, this new one, even if more conventional, looks amazing! :drool5:
I also love the old XJ. In High School, my girlfriend Tara had a blue Laredo fully loaded. I liked it mostly, just hated the higher floor (Just felt like the foot wells weren't low enough). Design wise, it's still sharp or rather "iconic" :eusa_clap:
Thanks for sharing!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#6 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:03 AM

View PostD N, on 17 January 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hey Stefanus, I love it!! :eusa_clap:
I too have the KL in white with a brown metallic also on the way.. It's a great looking model. :yahoo: I passed on the pre-facelifted one(now, i kind of regret that, as they would look good together)..but, this new one, even if more conventional, looks amazing! :drool5:
I also love the old XJ. In High School, my girlfriend Tara had a blue Laredo fully loaded. I liked it mostly, just hated the higher floor (Just felt like the foot wells weren't low enough). Design wise, it's still sharp or rather "iconic" :eusa_clap:
Thanks for sharing!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Thanks Dave :occasion14:
The XJ is indeed iconic and having owned one I agreed with you on the awkwardness of the interior and ergonomic layout. Even the driver side foot well is very narrow.
The KL is much more car-like and easier to live with as daily driver. Yes, I missed out on the pre-facelift KL but for now this facelifted version will suffice for my collection.
Let's hope Paudi also issue the KL "Trailhawk" version :nice:

that being said, I would love to read your full review of Paudi's Cherokee (if you ever want to do one of your excellent reviews on these).

Edited by tanayast, 17 January 2020 - 08:05 AM.


#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

    Bronze Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:09 AM

View Posttanayast, on 17 January 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

View PostD N, on 17 January 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hey Stefanus, I love it!! :eusa_clap:
I too have the KL in white with a brown metallic also on the way.. It's a great looking model. :yahoo: I passed on the pre-facelifted one(now, i kind of regret that, as they would look good together)..but, this new one, even if more conventional, looks amazing! :drool5:
I also love the old XJ. In High School, my girlfriend Tara had a blue Laredo fully loaded. I liked it mostly, just hated the higher floor (Just felt like the foot wells weren't low enough). Design wise, it's still sharp or rather "iconic" :eusa_clap:
Thanks for sharing!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Thanks Dave :occasion14:
The XJ is indeed iconic and having owned one I agreed with you on the awkwardness of the interior and ergonomic layout. Even the driver side foot well is very narrow.
The KL is much more car-like and easier to live with as daily driver. Yes, I missed out on the pre-facelift KL but for now this facelifted version will suffice for my collection.
Let's hope Paudi also issue the KL "Trailhawk" version :nice:

that being said, I would love to read your full review of Paudi's Cherokee (if you ever want to do one of your excellent reviews on these).
Thanks Stefanus, as soon as Andy send me my brown one, then i will do my review.
Now, I want the pre-facelifted one. My hardest decision with those was color. First I wanted maroon, then blue and then other models came that I wanted more and it was lost in the shuffle.
I got white shipped to me on accident, i had order brown, after initially wanting white..
Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/


#8 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:18 AM

View PostD N, on 17 January 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

View Posttanayast, on 17 January 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

View PostD N, on 17 January 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hey Stefanus, I love it!! :eusa_clap:
I too have the KL in white with a brown metallic also on the way.. It's a great looking model. :yahoo: I passed on the pre-facelifted one(now, i kind of regret that, as they would look good together)..but, this new one, even if more conventional, looks amazing! :drool5:
I also love the old XJ. In High School, my girlfriend Tara had a blue Laredo fully loaded. I liked it mostly, just hated the higher floor (Just felt like the foot wells weren't low enough). Design wise, it's still sharp or rather "iconic" :eusa_clap:
Thanks for sharing!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Thanks Dave :occasion14:
The XJ is indeed iconic and having owned one I agreed with you on the awkwardness of the interior and ergonomic layout. Even the driver side foot well is very narrow.
The KL is much more car-like and easier to live with as daily driver. Yes, I missed out on the pre-facelift KL but for now this facelifted version will suffice for my collection.
Let's hope Paudi also issue the KL "Trailhawk" version :nice:

that being said, I would love to read your full review of Paudi's Cherokee (if you ever want to do one of your excellent reviews on these).
Thanks Stefanus, as soon as Andy send me my brown one, then i will do my review.
Now, I want the pre-facelifted one. My hardest decision with those was color. First I wanted maroon, then blue and then other models came that I wanted more and it was lost in the shuffle.
I got white shipped to me on accident, i had order brown, after initially wanting white..


Actually I think the best available color for the pre-facelift KL is Silver, eventhough I am not normally into silver cars.

Funny thing is the pre-facelift 1:18 is actually the higher grade "Overland" versus the facelifted "Limited"

#9 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:36 PM

they look great together; they kinda bring out the best in each other visually when they're together. I like them! :)

#10 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

View PostScuddy, on 17 January 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

they look great together; they kinda bring out the best in each other visually when they're together. I like them! :)

Thanks! :occasion14:
If anything the original XJ Cherokee is what made family SUV relevant to the times, and so is the KL.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.