2020 Renault Captur (Dealer Edition)...by Paudi Model - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

2020 Renault Captur (Dealer Edition)...by Paudi Model

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:07 PM

Well, I never expected that someone would do a 1/18th scale model of the Renault Captur, especially this newest 2020 version and so fast. However, leave it to China and it's done rapidly and to a really high standard. That being said, it gives me hope that a new great looking 1/18th scale 2020 Nissan Juke is also coming soon from Paudi Model (Since the Captur was developed off of the Juke's platform) :hope:

Funny, I never thought of the Captur as an SUV or Crossover, until I saw recent TV ads depicting it as such. For me the Captur was just a tallish Picasso fighter (just a tallish hatchback). My sister-in-law also bought one of the original Capturs when they were released. I liked it and thought that it was a neat chic little package, but also a bit conservative design wise...especially when not in top trim spec.
Now, it's not something that I would want to own personally in 1/1 guise, but as a miniature this Paudi Model dealer edition is a little modern French gem in my collection :eusa_clap:

The new Captur is pretty much the same theme wise, but a little more chic..however, very evolutionary in character. It does convey the current sharp Renault corporate look to it now. It's a good update design wise, especially the face and the rear lights while retaining a similar body side sculpt(but now with fender vent appliques). So, it all works out. Bravo or Merveilleux!

I just can't believe how amazing this model looks for what it cost me. I know that Renault China subsidises cost to aid in promoting the 1/1 through all means, including replicas. However, let me just say that for what I have paid for mine, I would've had to pay even more a fully opening premium Norev model. So, it really goes to show that we're being ripped off majorly when it comes to diecasts by the western brands(especially with them now selling a good deal of their diecasts which were made in China).

Overall I like the details, especially the dual-color/two-toned finished wheels in diamond cut polished look versus satin dark grey metallic for high contrast. Then there's the vivid jewel like front lights, grill and logo work and extremely well appointed interior with moon roof which aids in viewing said interior. The interior details are so defined and crisp, plus all of the different textures from the IP/dashboard to the seats and the contrasting colors and myriad of surfaces from smooth to textured patterns to carpeted floor boards, all makes for a totally interesting model. The exterior paint is flawless and the model has photo-etched badging, perforated grilles accurate window details and working suspension. Other features are sliding front seats, folding side mirrors, the usual basic features in standard Chinese dealer edition diecasts as well as a fully opening access. Highly accurate details makes this Paudi model feel like a truly decent cross between earlier AUTOart and Kyosho models back when they were still at their best. So, ultimately I guess that I can say that this model actually feels like a really good version of earlier 1/18th scale Minichamps (also when they were at their best), but with working suspension. The chassis is very detailed as well for what it is, simplistic to the 1/1 with defined and functional parts underneath replicating the 1/1.

All of that said, I do recommend this model just for the sake of how neat it is, never mind how affordable, even with shipping from China. It's a very interesting modern everyday car for 2020.
Diversify your collection, especially for collectors here in Europe that might be used to seeing them on the roads or elsewhere in the world that wish to have a model that they can't access in reality. I recommend it, especially if you like chic French family cars. :occasion14:

Begin...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!..Details..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1577 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:†id

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

Itís certainly interesting and well built 1:18! Didnít realize this is out. Thanks for sharing the pics!

#3 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:11 PM

View Posttanayast, on 24 January 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

It's certainly interesting and well built 1:18! Didn't realize this is out. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Thanks Stefanus! :nice:
Well, it only came out during the last week of Dec 2019, so i got mine on the first week of Jan this year...and it's the 2020 new version to boot :yahoo:
You're Welcome, it's a nice piece :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3680 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of:†bg

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:17 AM

Not a big fan of the 1:1, but the model sure is rather nice :yahoo:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#5 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2096 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:04 PM

Hey David!

I haven't commented on your pics for ages, only because my ancient Mac won't show them - arrrgh! But I just KNOW that your pics are ace :-) Will try looking on my phone instead :-)

#6 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:26 PM

View PostT1000, on 25 January 2020 - 02:17 AM, said:

Not a big fan of the 1:1, but the model sure is rather nice :yahoo:
Yeah, same here, but as a model, I am thoroughly impressed with this model!! :yahoo:

#7 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

View PostScuddy, on 25 January 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hey David!

I haven't commented on your pics for ages, only because my ancient Mac won't show them - arrrgh! But I just KNOW that your pics are ace :-) Will try looking on my phone instead :-)
Hey Scuddy! It's been a long time :nice:

No problem, my posts usually consists of "everyday cars" so most people here have no interest in these models, so I'm used to it..LOL! :giggle: The good thing is, for those that are, it draws us all closer beyond DX, especially on fb groups! :yahoo:
Hopefully for you, the phone allows you to view these images. Please let me know what you think of the model when you get a chance to see the images  CHEERS! :occasion14:

#8 OFFLINE   samuelbdn

samuelbdn

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 523 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:†es

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

It's not the type of car that I want in 1:1 but, the diecast model has some good details and I like it!

Thanks by this long review David! :occasion14:

#9 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

View Postsamuelbdn, on 27 January 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

It's not the type of car that I want in 1:1 but, the diecast model has some good details and I like it!

Thanks by this long review David! :occasion14:
Thanks Samuel! :danke:
LOL, I know I know, it's a long-ish review, but hopefully it will help collectors decide if they want to add it or not. :nice:
It's really a nice piece, and if you plan on the New 2020 Nissan Juke, then it's the PERFECT platform companion. CHEERS! :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.