Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (Dealer Edition) X 2...by Paudi Model - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (Dealer Edition) X 2...by Paudi Model

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11077 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 31 January 2020 - 06:30 AM

Well, I never expected to end up with two of these, but it happened. More on how later.

Who else here on DX ends up buying models of vehicles that they would most likely not buy in 1/1 scale reality? Probably not that many, except for the hoards of collectors into hypercars or racing cars that could only imagine in their imaginary garages or racing pits(some of us are lucky to have the real things, most of us aren't). I guess that you could say that I'm an anomaly, because I search the exact opposite to what I want parked in my/our garage.
For me, I find "Everyday" cars interesting, because for so long (Since I was a kid) all we had were muscle cars, vintage European, supercars or now hypercars from when 1/18th scale model cars started peaking my interest. It's cool, I still buy those type of models as well from time to time, but for me it gets boring after a bit of the same old same old themes.

A late friend of mine, long time Car Designer (I'm sure that a lot of you American car fans have a model of his in 1/18th scale, as he designed a very popular car Pony Car). Anyway, he was often candid about his many affairs with many women. Once, when I was visiting him at one of the few times that I was in his home, he started becoming very open with me on how he had view women relationship wise. In one of those discussions, he told to me that "Variety is the spice of life, just like Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavors" and he had women from Australia to Japan to Detroit and  all around the world!". Okay, he was high level braggin' (To me a college student at that time)..but, I believed him and just wanted to get back on the subject of cars and design (as he talked for hours, sometimes I dreaded being invited over to his place. I would loose a day listening to him babble on, but also appreciated that he took time for me).
Now, this guy was like a bit older than my parent's generation by 10-15 years, so I took what he said about himself being a womanizer with a truth grain of old school salt, and mentally moved on, as I was and still am not a caveman with regards to being PC thinking about those women and everyone as people, not objectifying them  :rolleyes:

Anyway, I guess that part about what he said as in "variety" is right in a sense, but I apply it to my model collecting. I find that when I see everyday vehicles owned by family or friends or even total strangers parked in driveways, at shopping malls or grocery stores etc, I love it(especially back in America)! As a kid and younger adult, I had always wished that we could have models of "regular cars". Seriously, that was one of the main reasons as to why I accepted APD's position to help them develop model cars. It was a chance to get in some sorely missed models which I knew would sell done, as they were missed on the markets.

Back in 1997 or 1998 there was hope for variety in the form of AUTOart releasing their Lexus GS400 & RX300. I went nuts(like a great deal of my close model friends), because when "Kickin'out Yo" called me and said "Dave, they have these models at Lexus!". I had just literally finished building the 1/24th Aristo version of the GS400 by Aoshima, after weeks of letting my clear coat paint over my airbrush color cure and adding all of that chrome Baremetal Foil trim...then BOOM out of the blue for only $50 bucks, I could have the same thing in metal with carpeting/all 4-doors opening, with details engine and trunk. It was just a magnificent piece overall, I was blown away as it was better than a Kyosho. AUTOart immediately became my favorite brand to the point that I dumped/sold hundreds of my un-started kits and moved on to AUTOart's 1/18th diecast with full speed. However, that last for a good 13 years, and then AUTOart started focusing on super & hypercars leaving us original supporters behind. Then they went to ABS plastic, literally bring me back full circle while promising lower prices. So, they slowly started turning me off with higher pricing and promises that they didn't keep on release times with many cancellations etc. So, I made a big change. I looked elsewhere for my model satisfaction.

Enter China! Thank goodness for the Chinese model industry and the fact that automotive companies support them there, as well as 1/1 companies mainly in a joint-venture situation with many Western and Japanese/Korean companies that sells their automobiles in that China.
Since most companies in China has a government connection, there is big money invested in helping to promote sales of those products. This is how we collectors luck out.  We get 1/18th (plus other various promotionals for our collections). You see, when we buy on sites like ebay or Taobao, Ali Express at already low prices, we're still paying more than if we were in China buying directly at the dealerships ourselves. That goes to show how much their government sees promotions beyond TV ads by creating products at such extremely low costs. With so many joint-ventures in China, that whole "variety" point that was lacking within our hobby in the past is currently solved (for now). So, if you want a model of your Granny's Buick Lacrosse, or your father-in-law's Land Cruiser or your daughter's Toyota Corolla, there is now a model of it made in China, in addition to the Porsche or BMW sitting in your own garage.

Last year my brother back home in the US bought a Mitsubishi SUV (against my warnings of their products), nevertheless he was/is happy with it and I liked the blue color that he chose. Coincidentally, Mitsubishi China released the same models in even one of the same colors just as he had recently bought. So I thought, okay I'll get one of those models, but couldn't decide which color I wanted the most. So I delayed and missed the red one(which was the promotional color in ads)..plus that color also matched my Mitsubishi Outlander. Then I asked my regular dealer if more were coming in, but he couldn't get anymore reds. Just as I was preparing to buy blue from him, it "Sold Out" :gaah: I was mad at myself for being indecisive and waiting so long. Fast forward like 7 months or so, and BAM!...there is another dealer that had one in RED (As well as Blue & White too)!!!! I never bought from him, but coincidentally my buddy Stefanus knew the dealer and connected us. So, the model arrived and at first I didn't notice it. It was the right rear wheel's silver tampo printing had misaligned during production. My heart sunk a bit, as it took a long time to get this model. I immediate wrote the dealer and we worked out something. He sent me the Blue Eclipse Cross and also the first release New Toyota Rav4 as a bonus before it was normally released to the masses in February. This how I got two of these models and why you will see both Eclipse Crosses featured here. I actually started revising the right rear wheel's missing silver tampo paint in some areas on my red model.

Again, Paudi Model has done an exceptional job here on their Eclipse Crosses. I'm not the biggest fan of this design, the rear reminds me of a Honda product more than a Mitsubishi. It's got a chopped off rear in side profile, but the front is very strong graphically. I love that part!..and Paudi Model didn't miss a beat with this one. Both of mine look great. I'm glad that it worked out to where I have both colors, as the Red is the world Promotional color and the Blue shows the unique rear tail light design best, plus my brother has this color. Speaking of brothers, my other brother has the Cadillac XT5 but the model only comes in White, so he was down as he wanted it in grey to match his 1/1. I could understand. At least have I a variation of my current car and some my family member's cars in 1/18th scale as a side note.
Okay back to the model. If you love functional features, these models have your ticket. A big dual tinted panoramic sunroof dominates with graphic breakup and it actually can be slid open or left closed. It fits so flush, that I had to figure out that it actually could be opened. once inside, you'll notice nice details like the clear heads up display (which flips out of the dash IP when you start the vehicle). The rest of the interior is dominated mainly in black with silver accents on the dash, center console and door cards, fabric seat belts plus a light colored headliner with two openings for the duel panoramic roof. Move to the rear storage area and you'll find a carpeted lift up floor board hiding a full size spare tire, and accessories around it on both sides. The entire interior is carpeted. Also, the double rear back windows are detailed with orange scale accurate window antennae or heating lines, they didn't miss a detail. Moving to the exterior, both paint jobs are flawlessly applied and all front grills/vents are perforate. The lighting up front and at rear are the best I've seen so far this year. Seriously like jewellery and so detailed. The model has photo-etched badging in the correct locations, plus folding side mirrors. Pop the hood and you'll notice narrow dogleg hinges that mimic the new thin attached ones currently used as well as a very highly detailed full engine (or really deep base-plating, I can not tell)....either way it was a nice surprise to see that lump and surrounding engine bay so detailed. Turn the model over to see the metal chassis, but more importantly look at the highly detailed drive-train/running gear, exhaust system and fuel tank. It's done to a really high standard. Oh, I forgot to mention, these suckers are heavy, full metal top to bottom. Enjoy, but don't drop one on your head!

In closing, variety truly is the spice of life, but in this case I was lucky to get both of the most popular colors without competition from the masses on this "Everyday" vehicle!

CHEERS!

Begin....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3708 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 31 January 2020 - 06:52 AM

Another pair of great models with lots and lots of features and details, putting the "big names" to shame :eusa_clap:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#3 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:39 AM

Liking it!
Great pics and review as usual. Thanks for sharing it! :occasion14:
If I add one of these, I'd like it in white.

#4 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11077 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:48 AM

View PostT1000, on 31 January 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

Another pair of great models with lots and lots of features and details, putting the "big names" to shame :eusa_clap:
Thanks! :danke: Absolutely putting so many big company names to shame with ridiculously low prices here. These were each less than Norev models in cost(okay, since they are sold out, they are going for 4 to 5 times as much now, but still). Simply insane detailing for what you get!! :occasion14:

View Posttanayast, on 31 January 2020 - 07:39 AM, said:

Liking it!
Great pics and review as usual. Thanks for sharing it! :occasion14:
If I add one of these, I'd like it in white.
Thanks Stefanus!! :danke:  Also thanks again for this connection, I appreciate that a lot my friend! :yahoo:
Please do add one, I am looking forward to seeing the white one reviewed an your overall personal opinion on this model! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1120 posts
  • Interests:Cars,movies,audio&video,travel.
  • Number of Models:100
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt,BBR,FrontiArt,Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: se

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

Once again a great review.
Altough not my favorite kind of car but the details and functions they manage to put into these models is simply amazing.
But it is nice that some manufacturers actually are producing them.

I am not sure what to think of the design of this car, there is a real one not far from where i live, it looks a bit odd but i can´t put my finger on what it is.
About the weight you mentioned this seems to apply to every dealer edition, if think one of the heaviest cars i have is the KIA Stinger GT.

#6 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11077 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:36 PM

View PostLAFerrari, on 31 January 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

Once again a great review.
Altough not my favorite kind of car but the details and functions they manage to put into these models is simply amazing.
But it is nice that some manufacturers actually are producing them.

I am not sure what to think of the design of this car, there is a real one not far from where i live, it looks a bit odd but i can´t put my finger on what it is.
About the weight you mentioned this seems to apply to every dealer edition, if think one of the heaviest cars i have is the KIA Stinger GT.
Thanks Morgan! :danke:
Yeah, personally it's not the type of car that I would run out to buy. I don't mind it, but I love the models! These two look really good and at $85 & $75 shipped, I could not beat that, especially when some have these same models listed at nearly $200 and over.
The only reason that we're lucky enough to get  models like these are, because the Chinese government supports promoting cars built in China. So it's a true win win :yahoo:
Yeah, the design is polarizing. The front looks really like what Mitsubishi has been pushing since this one debuted, but the rear reminds me of 90s Hondas, like a CR-X SUV/Crossover. Also in sideview, the front half is more rounded, but behind the B-Pillar it's more angular and the rear behind the wheels looks "Chopped off" or very short..It's a bit funky, but I don't hate it. Just that I'm not running out to buy one.

Yeah, the Kia Stingers are HEAVY!..but, try holding that Navigator or some of the other SUVs and sedans even, I have way more that make the Stinger feel like an regular Kyosho weight wise..LOL! :giggle: CHEERS! :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.