Autoworld Camaro - Miscellaneous Disasters - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Autoworld Camaro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1122 posts
  • Interests:Cars,movies,audio&video,travel.
  • Number of Models:100
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt,BBR,FrontiArt,Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: se

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

This is a topic i have been thinking about posting for a while but i decided to wait until the issues have been corrected.
Since i saw D N´D-land topic with the Autoworld Camaro i wanted to add a few to my own collection and especially the Yenko Camaro in white.
After some searching on the internet i found one from a seller in France which turned out to be a really bad idea.

So here is what i received:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now the circus began, of course with all these issues i was not so happy with the car so i did what most of us would do, reach out to the seller to to try to solve the problem.
Should be easy, or, no not with this seller, normally when you reach out to a seller you get a reply, normally within a day or two,this one on the other side has a slighlty different approach to the concept of customer service so he decided not to reply to my mails.
So i tried again, with the same result.
This continued for about 4 days.
After that i decided to try my method to get a reaction from the seller, i contacted Paypal, well that method seem to work, i got a reaction from the seller, altough a quite odd reaction.
The seller seemed to be very upset about my method to contact Paypal, in fact he was so angry with my action so he threathened me with this:
"If you don´t close the case i will not accept  your return, you should not contact Paypal"
Fun fact he did send me the return shipping label first and then he replied with the quote above.
Fun fact 2 What Paypal did was to send him a mail where they asked him to respond to a customer, which is not a case, more like a reminder.

Well the same day i received the return shipping label  i dropped the pacakge at my local UPS service point and i also got a message that the package has been dropped off complete with a tracking number.
So i waited a few days for the package to arrive at the sellers doorstep, by now you think that the problem was solved, or maybe not.
When i noticed that the package has arrived at his doorstep and it was signed by him, i reach out to him and asked for a full refund.
His answer, "i have not received the package, so i will not refund you"
The thing with tracking numbers is that it allows you the see  everything that happens from drop-off to delivery including the receivers signature.

By now i was quite tired of this circus so i decided to escalate this to an actual case to Paypal to get a full refund.
Guess what, now the seller was even angrier at me and again he threatened me with "i will not refund you because i did not receive the package"
I wonder if he did not receive the package why did he sign for it with his name when UPS dropped it off at his doorstep?

I sent him an mail saying that i dot believe him and if he had more questions he has to deal with Paypal.

I was asked by Paypal to send all the information about the tracking number, the electronic message and the confirmation of the delivery which i did.

Earlier this week i was fully refunded and the case was closed.

Here is a tip, if you see this seller:
Loisir&miniatures
He also have an Ebay store
Whatever you do don´t buy from him.
Run as fast as you can the opposite direction.

Here is the next chapter on the same topic.
I also found the Autoworld Camaro 50th anniversary editon, altough from another seller, which i bought.
It turns out it has also has soms issues, here is what i got:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This car was also sent back to the seller without the above mentioned drama.

I find this statement on the Autoworld box a bit misleading:

Posted Image

I don´t think they have a quality department at all, and if they do i am not impressed with their quality.

Edited by LAFerrari, 06 February 2020 - 05:08 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6383 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

that seller sounds super shady. you shouldnt need to deal much with his crap, so i think it was good you got paypal on the case early.
a few years ago, i actually was close to buy a model from that seller, but decided i didnt want the model. maybe i dodged a bullet there :)

about the text on the box, i always completely ignore what they say. on most cases, companies always talk their products up as the best state of the art super precision accurate super duper greatness.
thats why i search around the net and check reviews and pictures.

#3 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 927 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:12 AM

View PostLAFerrari, on 06 February 2020 - 05:06 PM, said:

Loisir&miniatures

I bought from that seller a couple of times before, never had any problems... but then I never had to return anything, thankfully.

He doesn't seem to know how PayPal works in regards to customer claims, looks like he's got his very first experience with it.

Now he'll probably switch to bank transfer only, like I've seen many sellers doing lately.

#4 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30465 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:13 AM

I've bought from them in the past & not had a problem.

I now see that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired!

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#5 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4162 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:53 AM

View Postcwbs, on 07 February 2020 - 06:12 AM, said:

Loisir&miniatures

I bought from that seller a couple of times before, never had any problems... but then I never had to return anything, thankfully.

He doesn't seem to know how PayPal works in regards to customer claims, looks like he's got his very first experience with it.

Now he'll probably switch to bank transfer only, like I've seen many sellers doing lately.
I don't buy using bank transfers.
If paypal (despite it's faults) is not the default option, I'm out of there.
It does at least offer protection that a bank transfer doesn't....

#6 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 927 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

View Postslartibartfast229, on 07 February 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

View Postcwbs, on 07 February 2020 - 06:12 AM, said:

Loisir&miniatures
I don't buy using bank transfers.
If paypal (despite it's faults) is not the default option, I'm out of there.
It does at least offer protection that a bank transfer doesn't....

I don't do bank transfer on eBay either, though sometimes I feel tempted to bid on such listings because they attract a lot less competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.