Harrods Mclaren F1? - Minichamps | Paul's Model Art - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Harrods Mclaren F1?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   snowman

snowman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1218 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Many!
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:46 AM

I'm toying with the idea of getting the Minichamps Harrods McLaren F1, but in a lot of photos the yellow looks 'wrong', too pale and bright, but I know that often the colours in photos aren't that representative, so I wondered if anyone who has the diecast could tell me if the colours shown on CK-Modelcars site (for example) are close to the actual colours in natural light or not?

Thanks

M

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   sergio

sergio

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1044 posts
  • Number of Models:250+
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, TSM, Minichamps, Spark, Exoto, HPI, UTModels, Action, Maisto,
  • Proud Citizen of: sr

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:22 AM

I dont have the particular model but I opted also for the minichamps harrods.
However looking at the pictures i decided to keep my acient ut harrods because like you i find/suspect the yellow color way to bright.
Also the minichamps harrods has the wheel arches on the front wheels something the real car didnt have in 1995 Le Mans.
Maybe if you have the money and willing to look over the color differences/paint issues i would suggest the tsm version.

#3 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30667 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:10 AM

I wrote in here!!

I don't have one either. I was hoping that it would be a lot better than the old UT one, but sergio is right, the front is wrong. I never bought one as I figured if they can't get it right, what's the point ?

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#4 OFFLINE   snowman

snowman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1218 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Many!

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:40 AM

Thanks both.

To be honest, the current cost of the Minichamps currently is a big part of the appeal, I'm not a massive F1 fan, but that's always been a livery (and driver line-up) I've admired, so the TSM isn't an option I'd consider.

I hadn't noticed the wheel arches and I could live with that for the price, but not if the colour is completely wrong, but doing a bit more investigation shows some pictures where it looks much closer to the real colour, so I'll have to either take a punt or just forget it  :rolleyes:

If anyone does have one, let me know.

Cheers.

M

Edited by snowman, 07 February 2020 - 07:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.