2020 Cadillac XT6 (Dealer Edition)..by Gaincorp - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

2020 Cadillac XT6 (Dealer Edition)..by Gaincorp

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

I see this 1/18th 2020 Cadillac XT6 as an introduction to the newly debuted 2021 Escalade that was just shown a couple days ago, by some friends of mine over at GM Design. Fingers crossed that we finally get a new 1/18th Cadillac Escalade model to park next to our 1/18th Lincoln Navigator models. This XT6 kinda' reminds me of Volvo's XC90 proportionally (especially in sideview), which I don't mind. It's just interesting seeing this design sat next to the current facelifted XT5 in Cadillac's SUV/Crossover line up. I'm guessing that the next XT5 will have more of this flavor style wise. At least the XT6 was a strong hint at where the Escalade was heading style wise.
Speaking of friends at GM, one of my two best friends had this exact car as a company car last year...he says that this model is sitting on the smaller wheels and that the grey is a different tone than his. Anyway, it's still nice that GM-Shanghai released this model so close with the release of the 1/1.

Okay, GM-Shanghai are on a roll again with their new 1/18th scale Cadillac releases. Like all of the ones that came before, this one doesn't disappoint either from Gaincorp (who also made the Kyosho Caddy releases some years ago). :eusa_clap:
This model is top quality all the way around. Some of the highlights are the many functioning features like, a flush fitting panoramic roof that slides open, folding side mirrors, opening fuel tank cover door, fully opening body shell. However, the most distinctive feature is, that the model has a rotating drive-shaft that literally works with the rear wheels!  Naturally the model also has a fully working suspension, as well as a highly detailed chassis and deep motor base plate casting. I love that the model comes in this tone of grey and that the wheels truly have such an "American" flare in finish as well as all of the chrome trim replicated here. I don't know how the 1/1s are selling back stateside, but I like this 1/18th a lot. Details like the massive, but intricately tasteful grill up front and the new vertical LED lights are very well executed. The lower under bumper air intakes are perforated. I love how the model also has scale accurate photo-etched metal badging and the rear lights look AMAZING! They seriously put in effort to get the colors right in the rear lights, I love it! Over all, I really love this model. It's extraordinary how good a fully opening model can be in 2020 obviously using GM CAD data.
Moving into the realistic looking and gloriously gorgeously executed interior! The biggest thing that drew my attention was wood grain on the dashboard/IP, which is seriously NICE! I have never seen such a realistic looking "wood" finish on a 1/18th scale model. The overall instrument set up is spot on all the way down to the Apple-Car play graphics on the vertical infotainment screen perched top and center on the dash. The center console, headliner and all seat texture/graphics as well as fabric seat belt with P.E. buckles are done to a super high and very realistic standard. Even the third row seats have carpeted seat backs (like the 1/1) for loading when the seats are stored/folded down. Behind those seats is an opening carpeted storage area(again like the 1/1).

I might complain about so many SUVs/Crossovers being released lately, but this one is quite a treat!

If you're looking for a 1/18th scale modern American vehicle, you won't be disappointed with this one. It's really worthy to any collection for fans of luxury vehicles or plain and simple, people who want to be woo'd with an impressive fully opening diecast in 2020. BTW, it's a HEAVY one to boot!

After having this model for two plus months, here's the review and photos.

Begin...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers! :occasion14:
Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1577 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:36 PM

Simply superb! :eusa_clap:
As usual, love your pics and review :occasion14:

The 1:18 XT6 is one of those things that pleasantly surprised me when it was released. Top notch quality, full opening, at about the price of sealed Otto. Can't ask for more.

The details are amazing on this, reminds me much of the 1:18 XT5. Panel gaps seems good too!
Not sure if I can add this to my collection anytime soon since I already have the XT5 version (to match my 1:1) and there are a few more 1:18 on queue I need to add to my collection, but at least for now I have these amazing pics to look at. Thanks Dave! :occasion14:

#3 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

View Posttanayast, on 07 February 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

Simply superb! :eusa_clap:
As usual, love your pics and review :occasion14:

The 1:18 XT6 is one of those things that pleasantly surprised me when it was released. Top notch quality, full opening, at about the price of sealed Otto. Can't ask for more.

The details are amazing on this, reminds me much of the 1:18 XT5. Panel gaps seems good too!
Not sure if I can add this to my collection anytime soon since I already have the XT5 version (to match my 1:1) and there are a few more 1:18 on queue I need to add to my collection, but at least for now I have these amazing pics to look at. Thanks Dave! :occasion14:
Thanks Stefanus! :danke:
Yup, this model totally arrived un-expectantly and surprised me as well..but, it was a pleasant surprise nevertheless :yahoo: Certainly, one can not beat this price quality ration. It's almost unbelievable that GM-Shanghai could get the prices for these so low :omg: As a collector, I am grateful for this type of interest from the parent company for an OEM model. :eusa_clap:

Yes, the panel gaps are so tight that I needed to carefully open the fuel take cover with an X-acto knife :nice:
Oh, I totally understand that other models are coming soon in 1/18th and 1/64th scale for me, so certain models end up further down the it.

Glad that you liked this review and pics! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3680 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:10 AM

You always manag to find the most unique and interesting models. This one reminds me of the LCD Range Rover in coolness. :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#5 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1439 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:20 AM

Very cool model, David - even sunroof and fuel cap are opening! That's really impressive in the age of sealed resins!! :10:
And the color looks amazing :drool5:  - thanks for sharing!!! :rock:

#6 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

View PostT1000, on 08 February 2020 - 01:10 AM, said:

You always manag to find the most unique and interesting models. This one reminds me of the LCD Range Rover in coolness. :drool5:
Thanks Man!! :danke:
I guess you can say that I find the most "un-common" models of often common vehicles..which is just my style and passion in this hobby :nice:  Ironically, when it comes to 1/1s, I like the exotic or higher performance cars, but for models I like "Everyday" vehicles.
Yeah, this one really does have that "European" like proportion to it. I wonder does it appeal to you and any other Europeans here? :dunno:
Thank you for your constant interests in my posts! Cheers! :occasion14:

#7 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11022 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:37 PM

View Postvulpex, on 08 February 2020 - 03:20 AM, said:

Very cool model, David - even sunroof and fuel cap are opening! That's really impressive in the age of sealed resins!! :10:
And the color looks amazing :drool5:  - thanks for sharing!!! :rock:
Thanks Dirk! :danke:  it's truly right up my alley subject and feature wise. :yahoo:
I have to agree, it's really refreshing to have such a highly detailed model for the price that these are offered at. It's almost unbelievable to be honest that even with GM-shanghai footing the bill, that such a highly details piece could be produced :dunno: ..especially in a more and more resin world for larger scaled models :nice:

I'm glad that Cadillac is sticking with greys or whites to show these more shear formed surfacing of their "Science & Art' design theme. :eusa_clap:
Dirk, it's my pleasure to sharing here with all of you members, especially ones genuinely interested in this type of highly functional and detailed diecast! :occasion14:

#8 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4991 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.

Posted 08 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

Another one of those extraordinarily-detailed models from China.

Great pics, and superb review.

#9 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3680 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:23 PM

View PostD N, on 08 February 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Thanks Man!! :danke:
I guess you can say that I find the most "un-common" models of often common vehicles..which is just my style and passion in this hobby :nice:  Ironically, when it comes to 1/1s, I like the exotic or higher performance cars, but for models I like "Everyday" vehicles.
Yeah, this one really does have that "European" like proportion to it. I wonder does it appeal to you and any other Europeans here? :dunno:
Thank you for your constant interests in my posts! Cheers! :occasion14:

My pleasure :yahoo:I guess we go for models of cars we don't have lol. I can have a regular car, so my collection is mostly exotics, lol. With the big trucks being the big exception :yahoo:

As for the Caddy... They are definitely NOT popular in my country. here you can see a handful of sedans and a few old Escalades from time to time. But I have yet to see someting more recent. Maybe they are too big for our small streets  :rolleyes:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.