Gallardo Performante Spyder - AUTOart with parts from Norev - ROBSMC's Portfolio - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

Gallardo Performante Spyder - AUTOart with parts from Norev

30 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1989 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:49 PM

UPDATE 23/02/2020

Today I want to cut the top of the windscreen frame so I test fitted the Norev soft top and marked a cut line on the top of the frame
Posted Image

Posted Image
I then cut the excess off the diecast frame, and now the Norev soft top fits perfect
Posted Image
I guess there is a little difference between the AUTOart and the Norev window frame height, as the soft top sits up off the body at the back. So I will have to trim the bottom side edges of the Norev soft top so its sits flush on the diecast engine lid.
Posted Image
I then needed the back edge of the Norev windscreen as the soft top sits on this, so I cut it off with the dremel and will attach it to the AUTOart body
Posted Image
Like this
Posted Image
More cutting away of the diecast inner sides where the soft top box sits, and a little trimming of the plastic part as well to get it to sit in at the right height. Still a little more finesse needed with the dremel, but I just blew mine up and will have to get another one tomorrow
Posted Image
It sits in there and the engine lid fits over the top flush with the sides of the body.
Posted Image
Floor under the body and the Norev engine piece and Norev soft top box sitting in place. All fits at this stage so now I can figure out where the hinges will go and what mounting plates I will have to make
Posted Image
Norev engine lid sitting in place and AUTOart rear wing sitting on after I filled the holes from the Norev wing that were left behind
Posted Image
Norev soft top sitting in place and this conversion from coupe to spyder is almost complete. I can now finalise the last couple of body mods and then get this into paint. So happy that I was able to make this conversion work, but the custom hinged engine lid will make or break this custom model
Posted Image
I then applied some Tamiya putty to fill some imperfections ready to final sand. More to come. Thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 ONLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3720 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:17 AM

Awesome progress :eusa_clap:

And I have no idea how you make such smooth, curved cuts (the windscreen frame for example)... :omg:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#28 ONLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1492 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:18 AM

Looking great this!

Base
@basegtr

#29 OFFLINE   channabasanna

channabasanna

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Scalemodel cars, Formula 1, Cricket, Gaming, Drawing, Painting, doing Crafts
  • Favorite Brands:Welly, Autoart, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:30 AM

This is looking great. Can't wait for more updates and the final version.
Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1989 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 AM

View PostT1000, on 23 February 2020 - 12:17 AM, said:

Awesome progress :eusa_clap:

And I have no idea how you make such smooth, curved cuts (the windscreen frame for example)... :omg:
Thanks T, just practice I guess and a steady hand

View PostBaseGTR, on 23 February 2020 - 01:18 AM, said:

Looking great this!
Thanks Base

View Postchannabasanna, on 25 February 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

This is looking great. Can't wait for more updates and the final version.
Cheers, me too

#31 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1989 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted Yesterday, 12:58 AM

UPDATE 27/02/2020

As my custom sheet of decals arrived for several models, I applied the Lamborghini crests to the head rests and added the Performante logos to the side bolsters of the seats. I will let these dry, then try and spray some Tamiya flat clear over them to take the gloss level away from the decals.
Posted Image
I then sanded the last coat of putty and re primed the front bumper. Happy with this now and ready to white 2K prime the whole body
Posted Image

Posted Image
I then cut off the top outer / inner door cappings from the Norev door trims
Posted Image
I then trimmed these to the size required and glued them to the AUTOart diecast doors. These are the pieces that add to the doors that step up and blend into the spyder engine lid
Posted Image
And I did some final sanding to the bottom side edges so the convertible top now sits flush on the engine lid. More to come on this build. Thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.