Audi Q8 vs. Audi RS Q8 (Dealer Editions)...by Norev & Jadi/Paragon - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Audi Q8 vs. Audi RS Q8 (Dealer Editions)...by Norev & Jadi/Paragon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11217 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

I have been sitting on my Audi Q8 model since the fall of 2018 while waiting for a proper 1/18th Lamborghini Urus and my Bentley Bentayga to do a 3-way luxo SUV choice shoot out. Well, that hasn't happened yet, as Bburago has only made a "fit-in-box" scaled version and Model Car World has only done the sealed concept version.
All is not lost, because in December of 2019 Jadi/Paragon released their Dealer Edition Audi RS Q8 through Audi/Quattro GmbH. So, in January I added one, thus bringing me to this point of putting both of these Dealer Editions of "From Mild to Wild" variations of basically the same Luxuriously Large Sport "Coupe" SUV.

So, I am glad that I liked my original Audi Q8 Dealer Edition color, versus getting the orange later hobby release...because, at least I have some contrast here with these two. Then again, Paragon showed a wild green RS Q8 at the German Toy Fair. I wouldn't mind one of those either, in fact more so than the early 2000s era orange-ish colored one that I currently have in my possession.

The Q8 is actually an SUV that I would buy or lease new, as I love Audi's interiors and their Quattro capabilities.  I also buck the trend, I would also lease or buy a Urus if I had the funds. I like what both look like and that it's actually more of a Sports SUV/CUV than say something like Jeep Wrangler or Land Rover Defender. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I want to go off road (Tried that in collage with my roommate and his Wrangler)..big NOPE! I would rather be pampered in high luxury while blazing a fast track across autobahns in declining weather without a worry due to Quattro (Except for maybe the worrying of failing VAG Group electronics every now and then).

As for both of these two models, Norev is the winner here, hands down. I say that because their model just comes across and feels superior to Jadi/Paragon's version quality wise. Yes, they might be different trims/specs and powertrains in reality, but as far as models go, the Norev feels way more solid. The Norev has a nice heft to it overall. Now, neither of these models have "perfect" door alignment, all doors need a slight nudge and tweak to get them photo ready. Which is annoying to deal with.
Other places where the Norev excels over the Paragon is, chassis refinement (even if it has that huge screw hole in the front exhaust system). It just looks more detailed than the Paragon's chassis. The interior seats in the Audi RS Q8 is vastly better than Norev's shinny gloss coated seats..but the rest of the lower interior is a hollowed out carpet-less shinny black plastic mess flooring wise in the Paragon.
In the Norev model, the normally lowly detailed engine base plate of most Norevs here is deeper and more detailed than Paragon's. Also, another bonus is, that the massive front grille is perforated (It's completely sealed on the Paragon version). Also, the Norev model features P.E. metal badging.
When it comes to the Paragon, it features flawless orange metallic paint and high contrast two toned wheels. Also, the front grill perimeter is outlined in a carbon-fiber like graphic as is the area between the rear tail lights as well as really highly detailed front lighting and also holds an edge over rear lighting details as well. However, the badging are decals on the RS Q8

Two things that also bugs me about both models are, 1). The lack of a panoramic roof. Who buys a $100,000/100,000 plus European luxury SUV without one? :dunno:  Who are these people?  :rolleyes:  2). The ride heights ugh!! First thing that I noticed in 2018 when my Q8 arrived was..that it sits too low at the rear..kinda' like a sagging effect or dare I say,like a baby's loaded diaper..eww! Why not fasten down the rear so tightly? If fact, I might take mine apart to un-spring it. It's the exact opposite for the Paragon version. That one sits too low in the front like late 20th Century Hot Rods..looks odd on a modern Audi Sport-Luxury SUV. So, I need to also pull that one apart and fix the ride height there too. Both really not that good for companies selling these through 1/1 franchises. That said, Audi should fire the person in charge of approving these type of flaws in such hug mass produced models. They could be better.

In summary, I am glad to have these two titans, but at the same time and a little bit of TLC, they could both be better. I mean for the love of models, ADD CARPETING in the RS Q8!! Make more positive memories than just excessive profits for collectors!..thus winning more future buyers. Paragon has no excuse as to why their model feels inferior compared to a Norev variation that was released nearly 2 years earlier. Just laziness or lack of passion basically. Disappointing.

Begin...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Audi Q8...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Audi RS Q8...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1629 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for posting these!
I would seriously pull the trigger on the RS Q8 one of these days. You know if they plan to release other colors?

#3 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3758 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:08 AM

The RS Q8 is definitely the better looking car, but the Norev is the better model just by a quick glance. Exactly the reason why I refrain from getting the RS, despite liking the 1:1.

As for who are the people not opting for a panoramic roof? Me. :giggle:  I don't really care for them, lol. Still, they are fine for diecasts, as it gives you more angles too look at the interior, but I'd always skip them on a 1:1  :rolleyes:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#4 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11217 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:25 PM

View Posttanayast, on 21 February 2020 - 05:49 AM, said:

I would seriously pull the trigger on the RS Q8 one of these days. You know if they plan to release other colors?
Hi Stefanus!
Yes, there was a metallic green one shown at the Toy Fair in Germany. I would go for that one :yahoo:..I would have myself, had it been out at the time. :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11217 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

View PostT1000, on 21 February 2020 - 06:08 AM, said:

The RS Q8 is definitely the better looking car, but the Norev is the better model just by a quick glance. Exactly the reason why I refrain from getting the RS, despite liking the 1:1.

As for who are the people not opting for a panoramic roof? Me. :giggle:  I don't really care for them, lol. Still, they are fine for diecasts, as it gives you more angles too look at the interior, but I'd always skip them on a 1:1  :rolleyes:
EXACTLY!!! :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: ..Yeah, in reality, I like the RS Q8 as well in reality better, but as a model, Norev is winning this one! :eusa_clap:
Yeah, in the US, the dealerships usually order these type of cars with full options. So, when I see premium model cars, like these :twocents: ..I just expect them to "Decked Out!" for anything that costs this much in 1/1. That said, I must have a view of the sky, if that option is offered :occasion14:

#6 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3758 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:06 AM

Does the Norev model have carpeting? I can't tell from the pics, but I would expect that it does.

I had a car with a panoramic roof briefly and found myself almost always driving it with the blind completely closed. It was distracting and weird, plus I felt concious about people in busses and SUV peeping through, lol. A friend said to me that "the panoramic roof is not for driving, but for the evening when you enjoy the stars with your lady". Sadly, I didn't get a chance to try that, lol.
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#7 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1629 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:17 PM

View PostD N, on 21 February 2020 - 08:25 PM, said:

View Posttanayast, on 21 February 2020 - 05:49 AM, said:

Hi Stefanus!
Yes, there was a metallic green one shown at the Toy Fair in Germany. I would go for that one :yahoo:..I would have myself, had it been out at the time. :occasion14:

That'll be on my list !!!!

#8 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11217 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:39 AM

View PostT1000, on 21 February 2020 - 06:08 AM, said:

Thanks! :danke:  Yup, I agree, the Norev looks better as a model, especially interior and front grill wise. Paragon missed the point with their sealed grill and I will lower the rear, it sits too high!! :gaah:  That had almost two years to make a better version than Norev  :rolleyes:
Yeah, on a model, it would help if these beasts have a panoramic roof, especially since they both have totally black interior. It would help us see details :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.