JDM Lamborghini Countach 'Mid Night Racing' custom Lambo - ROBSMC's Portfolio - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

JDM Lamborghini Countach 'Mid Night Racing' custom Lambo

41 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12323 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:48 AM

Yes,another Amazing build and the detail you have put into this is quite superb,a very enjoyable build to watch. :10: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :agreed: :danke:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:†au

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:42 AM

View Postdrivinghermad, on 30 June 2020 - 02:48 AM, said:

Yes,another Amazing build and the detail you have put into this is quite superb,a very enjoyable build to watch. :10: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :agreed: :danke:
Cheers Darren, glad you are enjoying my builds mate. Happy to share with everyone

#28 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • 84 posts
  • Favorite Brands:lamborghini
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:56 AM

Rob coming along real nice ..when I was a teenager I was a huge fan of the Countach I had posters all over my room, I have all the models in my Lambo collection now so it's nice to see the JDM version also great work always impressed !!

#29 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:24 AM

View Postmsousa71, on 30 June 2020 - 05:56 AM, said:

Rob coming along real nice ..when I was a teenager I was a huge fan of the Countach I had posters all over my room, I have all the models in my Lambo collection now so it's nice to see the JDM version also great work always impressed !!
Thanks mate, yes me too, I had the silver Countach poster with the women lying nude on the front hood, window! Plus a few others. Iam working on my complete Countach collection, have a few more to go.

#30 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:32 AM

UPDATE 3/07/2020

Back onto the model today and I finalized the rear slats, by adding a solid fill in on the left side of the air scoop panel, then a small vertical fin between the 2 horizontal fins
Posted Image
Next before I glued in the engine cover for good, I thought it couldn't hurt to paint this area matt black, so I just used Tamiya flat black enamel
Posted Image
I also made the mesh inserts too before I glued the engine cover in
Posted Image
Engine cover now glued in permanantly to the resin body
Posted Image
Tamiya putty applied to flush it into the body
Posted Image
Final sanding of the fender break throughs and the side skirt fin removal area
Posted Image
Putty around the engine scoop panel all sanded flush and now I could glue in permanantly the flat rear slats
Posted Image
Rear duck tail glued on for the last time.
Posted Image
All the final sanding done around the new fixed head light buckets. Just have to move the air ducts in the front lip, then that is nearly all the bodywork done on this model. More to come, cheers.
Posted Image

#31 OFFLINE   Petey

Petey

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1298 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

Awesome work and happy to see you werenít put off by the last disastrous attempt! As much as I try to stay away from resin models they are super fun and easy to work on, this same project on a diecast wouldnít have been quite as straight forward! Haha

Iím just wondering whether Iím the only one who starts humming your funky ass theme tune off YouTube when reading your posts 😂
Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:10 AM

View PostPetey, on 03 July 2020 - 04:53 AM, said:

Awesome work and happy to see you weren't put off by the last disastrous attempt! As much as I try to stay away from resin models they are super fun and easy to work on, this same project on a diecast wouldn't have been quite as straight forward! Haha

I'm just wondering whether I'm the only one who starts humming your funky ass theme tune off YouTube when reading your posts ��
Thanks Pete, although the paint stripping exercise was a disaster, I still really wanted to build this model, so here we are. Plus, this 5000 QV model is a better base model and much closer to the real car. And yes, these resins are a lot easier and quicker than diecast. LOL that's funny about my channel intro theme song, got to make it memorable to keep bringing fans back haha

#33 OFFLINE   RSIevolution

RSIevolution

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2434 posts
  • Interests:Music, 1:1 Cars, 1:18 Cars...
  • Number of Models:Unknown
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart- Kyosho- Minichamps- Norev, Ignition
  • Proud Citizen of:†gr

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:33 PM

This turns into a very fun project. I like all the details and parts you make. I was skeptic at first but the progress is turning the interest on!
Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:08 PM

Thanks RSI, to me this is a very interesting Countach and that is why I wanted a model of it.

UPDATE 4/07/2020

More work today starting with the front air dam air scoops. These are really difficult to cut square into a solid piece, so I decided to cut the resin out behind them, then cut them out to shape, and then I could get a small file through the hole to square them up
Posted Image
Cut all the way through, but these are too wide and need to be filled on both outsides so that the finished holes are further in like the real car
Posted Image
And the real car has a more pronounced angular front lip, so I am adding a 1mm styrene flat piece to the underside of the factory front spoiler
Posted Image
Roughed up with some sand paper and glued on with superglue
Posted Image
Here you can see the styrene sheet sticking out a further 2mm
Posted Image
Tamiya 2 part putty filled into the outer sides of the air scoops, and regular Tamiya filler to fill in the shape above my new styrene front lip.
Posted Image
While the front is drying, time to move onto the last body mod required, the extended panel under the rear of the center panel.  just ade this out of 0.5mm styrene sheet
Posted Image
Glued on in place, but I am not to happy with how this looks. Because the back of this GT Spirit Countach is quite different from the real car, this styrene piece had to be adapted to suit the resin body, but I need to make more mods to make the rear of the model to match the real car
Posted Image
Just with a printed number plate in place, the rear proportions are wrong
Posted Image
So I removed the big black cast resin blobs either side of the exhaust system. They are just not there on the real Countach's, you can actually see the underside inside edge of the rear fender, and now you can see the real shape of the fenders
Posted Image
Now with the floor and exhaust system sitting in place, it looks much better. I also modified the flat styrene panel with higher cutouts to suit the exhaust tips.
Posted Image
So much better now and more filling required and more sanding to smooth all these mods out.
Posted Image
A skim of Tamiya putty both side to smooth the fender undersides out
Posted Image
A quick look at the rear with a few parts sitting in place, but the back of the GT Spirit Countach is looking so much better than stock, and much more like the real car. More sanding to do tomorrow to finish all these body changes up and then it will be time to paint. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1577 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:06 AM

Love seeing all the bodywork take shape!

Base
@basegtr

#36 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • 84 posts
  • Favorite Brands:lamborghini
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:57 AM

The Countach bodywork is coming together nicely!

Rob what are you going to use this time to strip the paint off the body and parts, after the lesson learned on the last one with the terrible experience you went through ?

#37 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:10 AM

View PostBaseGTR, on 04 July 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

Love seeing all the bodywork take shape!
Cheers base

View Postmsousa71, on 04 July 2020 - 04:57 AM, said:

The Countach bodywork is coming together nicely!

Rob what are you going to use this time to strip the paint off the body and parts, after the lesson learned on the last one with the terrible experience you went through ?
Like the baby blue Countach I just repainted, I will just sand the original paint and paint straight over the top of it.

#38 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:19 PM

UPDATE 5/07/2020

I thought I was done with the bodywork, but I forgot that I had to do the custom side mirrors. So I will use the stock mirrors as a base
Posted Image
I then added Tamiya 2 part quick dry putty to the stock mirrors building them up in size
Posted Image
This was one of the most tedious jobs I have ever done on a custom model, I sanded the shape to match the mirrors on the real car which is pretty close, but this took around an hour for each mirror!
Posted Image
Then a coat of grey primer so I could check the shape as it is hard to see the shape when it is sanded and a combination of plastic and putty
Posted Image
That showed a few imperfections on both mirrors, so I fine tuned them by more sanding, and then another cote of grey primer. I am happy with these now. I wish I had a 3D printer!
Posted Image
I then sanded all the final application of Tamiya filler on the body, then sprayed some grey primer to check the finish. All good here and now the body and parts are ready to prime for the last time and I can then paint the body. More to come. Thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:11 PM

UPDATE 6/07/2020

Today I painted all the black interior parts in matching red. I first masked up the dashboard and cleaned the parts
Posted Image
I then masked up the body. I primed the dash and steering wheel in Tamiya white primer, then painted all those parts in red. I had to mix up my own red color for this to match the GT Spirit red color, so I started with Ferrari rosso corsa red, added a fair bit of orange and a touch of white to lighten up the rosso corsa. I got it pretty close and am happy with it, I then sprayed it in Tamiya matt clear.
Posted Image

Posted Image
I then painted the air con vents in the dash and the steering wheel center cap in matt black. Then when that was dry, added a Lamborghini crest decal and then glued the wheel and column back onto the dash
Posted Image
Interior done!
Posted Image
Interior under the body for a look. Always love a red interior in a white body.
Posted Image
I then masked all the body up and next I will sand the body down, prime it and then paint it. Hopefully if the weather is good, I will paint it tomorrow. More to come, thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:57 AM

UPDATE 7/07/2020

Well at least I got the body and parts in white 2K primer today before it started raining for the rest of the day. I will have to paint this when the weather is fine again. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

#41 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2204 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted Yesterday, 10:40 PM

UPDATE 11/07/2020

Finally some sunshine today so I was able to paint the body in white base coat, then a couple of coats of 2K clear
Posted Image
All the masking removed from the body while the clear coat was still soft
Posted Image
Happy with the result on this one, the clear coat flowed nice
Posted Image
No dust in the paint that I can see, but once this dries, I'll have a good look and then I can do all the black paint out's around the body
Posted Image
Rear wing came out nice too. This is how I paint a part both sides at the same time. I glue a couple of paddle pop sticks together and glue the wing tabs to the stick with superglue. These can be removed easily and does not affect the seen edges
Posted Image
Mirror done too. Once all this dries, I can keep moving toward the finale of this build. More to come, thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2885 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:†no

Posted Today, 03:35 AM

Nicely done! Not my cup of tea for sure, but I love watching all the fabrication work. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.