AutoArt Dodge Viper GTS-R #91 2000 Daytona Winner - DX Motorsports - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

AutoArt Dodge Viper GTS-R #91 2000 Daytona Winner

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1186 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:04 PM

Most of you will know this model, it's an oldie: AutoArt Team ORECA's Viper GTS-R, overall winner + winner GTO class of the 2000 24h of Daytona.

I know Top Marques made a perhaps more accurate version of that car, but I wanted of course the opening version, plus with very little modification I can bring this quite a bit ancient AutoArt version up to the same level or even better.

My plan is to chase and add to the collection all the existent first generation Viper GTS-R models in 1:18, the #91 being the first I added.

Hope you like the photos!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:occasion14:

Edited by cwbs, 04 March 2020 - 06:37 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   giamino

giamino

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2825 posts
  • Favorite Brands:kyosho, maisto, bbr
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:14 AM

Lovely model. Not much out there that can beat a classic Autoart. So much bang for your buck.

#3 OFFLINE   snowman

snowman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1299 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Many!
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:46 AM

This is definitely on my 'want list' - I nearly bought the Top Marques one a couple of times recently, but they all seem to have disappeared at sensible prices, so I'll probably keep my eyes open for a keenly priced AUTOart (if such a thing exists!)

I have the Le Mans car and it's a great diecast.

M

#4 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5063 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:35 AM

I was fortunate enough, in 2000, to attend not only the Daytona 24, but also the Sebring 12, and the LeMans 24.  Was (actually still am) a big Dodge, and wore US Dodge clothing at the LeMans race.

I have all three of the Viper versions in my collection.

Posted Image

Nice photos of an ageless model!

Edited by ibj40, 05 March 2020 - 09:35 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31239 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:24 AM

Still a great looking model, I think AUTOart did a sweet job on them :smile:

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#6 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1186 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

View Postgiamino, on 05 March 2020 - 01:14 AM, said:

Lovely model. Not much out there that can beat a classic Autoart. So much bang for your buck.

Thanks! I agree 100%, even though they can be literally a bit rough around the edges, most the old AutoArts aged very well. :occasion14:

View Postsnowman, on 05 March 2020 - 05:46 AM, said:

This is definitely on my 'want list' - I nearly bought the Top Marques one a couple of times recently, but they all seem to have disappeared at sensible prices, so I'll probably keep my eyes open for a keenly priced AUTOart (if such a thing exists!)
I have the Le Mans car and it's a great diecast.

They're still out there but very scarce in Europe, took me a while to find this one, which was absolutely mint with intact shipping straps and all.

I'd still keep an eye on eBay, it's well worth getting the opening AutoArt instead of the Top Marques, but then I'm biased towards opening diecast :occasion14:

View Postibj40, on 05 March 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

I was fortunate enough, in 2000, to attend not only the Daytona 24, but also the Sebring 12, and the LeMans 24.  Was (actually still am) a big Dodge, and wore US Dodge clothing at the LeMans race.
I have all three of the Viper versions in my collection.
Nice photos of an ageless model!

Thanks Jim! I had a look at your other photos on Flickr, awesome Viper line up you have there! That is what I'm looking to have on my shelves :eusa_clap: :occasion14:

And how awesome it must have been to attend three of the most important racing events on the planet! That was and still is bucket list stuff for the likes of me :drool5:

View PostCraig, on 05 March 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

Still a great looking model, I think AUTOart did a sweet job on them :smile:

Thanks Craig, it is a very cool model inside and out, not outstanding in terms of details but still awesome :drool5:

#7 OFFLINE   americanaut

americanaut

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Diecast Collecting, Cars, Space Age, Travelling the US
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Spark, BBR, Almost Real
  • Proud Citizen of: ch

Posted 06 March 2020 - 02:57 AM

Great photos!! Me being a big Viper fan, I understand your desire to have them all ;-) I am still missing three of the old Viper GTS-R racing cars, so I'm also on the hunt :-)

Just in case: if you don't mind box-less, dusty ones where the rear wing needs fixing (only to be glued back in, nothing broken), I could sell you two of my doubles - I think the blue PlayStation version plus a yellow one I got quite cheap a year or two ago... Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send you more details.
My collection on DX: click here

#8 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1186 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

View Postamericanaut, on 06 March 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

Great photos!! Me being a big Viper fan, I understand your desire to have them all ;-) I am still missing three of the old Viper GTS-R racing cars, so I'm also on the hunt :-)

Just in case: if you don't mind box-less, dusty ones where the rear wing needs fixing (only to be glued back in, nothing broken), I could sell you two of my doubles - I think the blue PlayStation version plus a yellow one I got quite cheap a year or two ago... Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send you more details.

Thank you! :danke: Not only the first gen Vipers look awesome, they also had a fair amount of wins to back up that champ stance. :drool5:

And thanks so much for the offer, but I'm looking to get MIB samples as much as possible, even if I have to wait a bit longer :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.