BMW 330i M-Sport and Infiniti Q60S - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

BMW 330i M-Sport and Infiniti Q60S

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:47 PM

Norev's BMW G20 and Paudi's Infiniti Q60S.... Somewhat random photoshoot here as I happened to have these 2 cars on my coffee table because I love both the similarities and contrast (especially color-wise) of these 2. So I pulled out my old diorama and took some photos I'd like to share here :nice:

Both cars are powered by 2.0 4-cylinder turbocharged engine (yes unfortunately the Q60S is the 2.0t version). Although the Mercedes-sourced 2.0t in the Q60 is being outclassed by BMW's newest 4-cylinder iteration in the 330i, you can almost get either car at similar price point depending on options. Both of these cars offered a reasonable sporty experience while still comfortable function as daily driver (well, maybe the Q60 is less practical being 2-doors).

The one major disappointment with Norev's BMW G20 is the inaccuracies of the front fascia. In the past I've addressed the foglight surrounds by using black vinyl decals. But since then I've also fixed the headlight inaccuracies by adding the 'eyebrow' and black outline on the lens. Here's a quick comparison of the "before" and "after":

Posted ImageUntitled by tanayast, on Flickr

Not perfect but I think much better than it was. I also shadowlined the kidney grilles.

As of the Paudi Q60S, this thing is pretty close to perfect in terms of proportion and build quality. I just wished Paudi would chose to adorn the engine bay with the 3.0t version.

Here are some of the diorama pictures I took earlier :occasion14:

Posted ImageG20 Q60 by tanayast, on Flickr

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:14 AM

Hey Stefanus! Thanks for showing these while using your diorama :eusa_clap:
You know that these two cars speak to my driving instincts and I of course love the 1/1s and the models alike. :yahoo:
Yeah, I too was disappointed in seeing that my Infiniti Q60S was the base powered 4 cylinder Benz sourced motor, versus the VQ 6 that base wised powered both of my previous 1/1 Infiniti G35 & G37 S Coupes :gaah:
Also, it is disheartening that someone at BMW isn't doing their job! They need really check the overall prototypes better. There is no excuse for missing details or even major components on BMW promotional models :mad2: At least you could correct the missing details on your 3er. I think that i will leave mine stock..or inaccurate. CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#3 OFFLINE   giamino

giamino

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2814 posts
  • Favorite Brands:kyosho, maisto, bbr
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. The simple change made a huge difference!

It also seems like Norev is still having issues like Paragon when it comes to BMWs...those fat chunky tires!

#4 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30990 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:14 AM

Much nicer now with the Black kidneys etc.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#5 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:18 AM

These subtle changes really make a big difference to the overall loo of the 3er. Very nicely done :drool5: :eusa_clap:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#6 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:11 AM

View PostD N, on 05 March 2020 - 01:14 AM, said:

You know that these two cars speak to my driving instincts and I of course love the 1/1s and the models alike. :yahoo:
Yeah, I too was disappointed in seeing that my Infiniti Q60S was the base powered 4 cylinder Benz sourced motor, versus the VQ 6 that base wised powered both of my previous 1/1 Infiniti G35 & G37 S Coupes :gaah:
Also, it is disheartening that someone at BMW isn't doing their job! They need really check the overall prototypes better. There is no excuse for missing details or even major components on BMW promotional models :mad2: At least you could correct the missing details on your 3er. I think that i will leave mine stock..or inaccurate. CHEERS! :occasion14:

Thanks Dave! :occasion14:
Well the Q60S purchase was largely influence by your previous review :nice:

I'm glad at least the 'fix' on the 330i is relatively simple to do! Just require disassembly and steady hands (which something I don't always have :giggle: ).

#7 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:18 AM

View Postgiamino, on 05 March 2020 - 02:14 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. The simple change made a huge difference!

It also seems like Norev is still having issues like Paragon when it comes to BMWs...those fat chunky tires!

Yes, you're correct... Sadly they don't pay enough attention on the tire profile / wheel size.
The 1:1 with this wheels are 2-" but potrayed closer to an 18" here.

Here's a photo of the 1:1 with this style wheels:

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:31 AM

View PostCraig, on 05 March 2020 - 04:14 AM, said:

Much nicer now with the Black kidneys etc.

Thank you :occasion14:
I went with the black kidneys partly because I want to reduce the visual impact of the huge grilles.

View PostT1000, on 05 March 2020 - 04:18 AM, said:

These subtle changes really make a big difference to the overall loo of the 3er. Very nicely done :drool5: :eusa_clap:

glad you like the simple changes

Edited by tanayast, 05 March 2020 - 06:30 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:34 AM

View Posttanayast, on 05 March 2020 - 06:11 AM, said:

I'm glad at least the 'fix' on the 330i is relatively simple to do! Just require disassembly and steady hands (which something I don't always have :giggle: ).
Hey, what are we here for, but to influence each other into spending monies on models!!! :giggle: :yahoo: ..better than any drugs, as we can sell these, if we get bored :nice:
I might get the patients to do the "simple fix" but will probably leave the lights and grill just as they are :smile:  LOL! I never thought that my hands would shake as much as they do, as I have entered middle age..oh, well, at least we can still take a decent photo! CHEERS My Friend!! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:15 AM

View PostD N, on 05 March 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

Hey, what are we here for, but to influence each other into spending monies on models!!! :giggle: :yahoo: ..better than any drugs, as we can sell these, if we get bored :nice:
I might get the patients to do the "simple fix" but will probably leave the lights and grill just as they are :smile:  LOL! I never thought that my hands would shake as much as they do, as I have entered middle age..oh, well, at least we can still take a decent photo! CHEERS My Friend!! :occasion14:

Yes brother, there are a lot of worse way you can spend money on !!

Speaking of the light on the BMW, I used masking tape to line it out from the inside and paint the area I want the eyebrow with silver Tamiya paint. Removed the tape afterward and it looks pretty good actually!

Edited by tanayast, 05 March 2020 - 09:16 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:00 PM

View Posttanayast, on 05 March 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

View PostD N, on 05 March 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

Yes brother, there are a lot of worse way you can spend money on !!

Speaking of the light on the BMW, I used masking tape to line it out from the inside and paint the area I want the eyebrow with silver Tamiya paint. Removed the tape afterward and it looks pretty good actually!
It does look pretty good!! :yahoo:

#12 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:21 PM

View PostD N, on 05 March 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

I am surprised (or maybe I shouldn't) that Norev hasn't offered more color variations of the G20.

#13 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11499 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:26 PM

View Posttanayast, on 05 March 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 05 March 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

I am surprised (or maybe I shouldn't) that Norev hasn't offered more color variations of the G20.
Stefanus, they are moving really show in the last couple of years with their hobby editions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.