1/18 Mercedes-Benz EQC (Dealer Edition) ....by NZG/KengFai - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 Mercedes-Benz EQC (Dealer Edition) ....by NZG/KengFai

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:10 AM

Another model that I had purchased last year was this new fully electric Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV/Crossover. Last week, I finally got aground to shooting it and editing the pics. I was surprised at how photogenic this model turned out to become in pictures. See for yourself.

Basically, KengFai will never go out of business with NZG constantly turning to them for production over in China. This model doesn't disappoint(bar one opening part..more on that later). I know that it's a fully electric vehicle in reality, and has a fully lit LED option that requires the loading of batteries. However, at least they could have shown us something under the hood/bonnet(Starting with making it open first of all). I mean for example way back in 2005/06, I had a 1/18th Toyota Vios with fully opening details and fully functioning lights as well as a working horn when the steering wheel was pushed. Not kidding/no joke. If that could been done way back then, why can't this model use hidden battery locations which could literally fit into the bottom of the engine, like my Vios? ...thus giving the model a really weight balance like the 1/1. I loved it!! What a great model and clever engineering idea to boot for it's time. Why couldn't NZG/KengFai not seal the hood/bonnet on this model and achieve what I just described? I mean, Norev showed us the e-tron's propulsion system up front and so did Almost Real on Nio's ES8 in the most intricately detailed manner. So, no excuse for a sealed hood/bonnet.

Anyway. I really like the rest of the model a lot. It's heavy and solid with a metal base. Also it has great, smooth and flawless paint application as well as really good details overall. All 4 doors and rear hatch open as well as the tilting moonroof and inner sliding shade. The model sits on a spanned suspension set up and 4 gorgeous turbine electrical referenced multi-colored wheels. They really set the model off! For me the only weak part is the front lighting detail. It just looks like cheap toy plastic. C'mon NZG, same with the Actros, not good enough at this price point. Thank goodness the rest of the model is so good, that I could over look that area.

As you could see I went with the blue DE color over white, then thought that I should have picked white instead and would regret the blue shortly after it was ordered. Especially after seeing the newly released hobby edition mid-toned greys, silver and black versions recently out by both NZG and KengFai. However, when I looked at these images, I was really pleased with how well this model actually looks in this color.  Personally, I would have preferred a solid light colored seating surface throughout the cabin, just for maximum contrast to the dark exterior.

Well, the main reason that I added this model is because for it's historic value, in being Benz's first fully electric production passenger vehicle plus, I like the design (Minus the F500 Mind Concept style front face). For personal reasons the front erks me, because of having a very similar face stuck on/sculpted onto a project 1/4 scale design study model which later went into a 1/1 study model behind my back, while I was on a day off at the IAA Frankfurt back in the early 2000s while I was still a Benz Designer, ugh!) :gaah: Anyway, if I ever write a book..look for that part.

So, back to the model. I do recommend it for electric vehicle fans, SUV or Crossover fans and of course Mercedes-Benz fans. Now there is a wider variety of color options, but I think that you really can't go wrong with whichever color you decide to go with.

Begin...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:16 AM

Interesting how Mercedes doesn't feel an opening trunk ruins the stoplights shape... and they are quite right. While it's far from my favorite Benz out there, the model does look good and I love the wheels.

is it me, or does it "feel" quiet, just because it's a model of an EV?  :rolleyes:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 06:02 AM

View PostT1000, on 07 March 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

Interesting how Mercedes doesn't feel an opening trunk ruins the stoplights shape... and they are quite right. While it's far from my favorite Benz out there, the model does look good and I love the wheels.

is it me, or does it "feel" quiet, just because it's a model of an EV?  :rolleyes:
Yeah, BMW has set some rules and they are being followed with regards to the rear lights  :rolleyes:  Yeah, the wheels on this model really makes it! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
LOL I guess because we know that it's electric has some sort of an effect :dunno:  It's nice to have a model of it overall and it's HEAVY!! :omg: :omg: :omg:  
CHEERS! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2213 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 07 March 2020 - 07:32 AM

will look at the pics later Dave on my phone ;-) On many levels this isn't a 1:1 or 1:18 for me, but I kinda want to get one for an important point - to me - that you made; it's the first electric Benz, so it's going to have historical significance. So I haven't quite ruled it out :-)))

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:00 PM

View PostScuddy, on 07 March 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

will look at the pics later Dave on my phone ;-) On many levels this isn't a 1:1 or 1:18 for me, but I kinda want to get one for an important point - to me - that you made; it's the first electric Benz, so it's going to have historical significance. So I haven't quite ruled it out :-)))
Okay, looking to see what your opinion is for this one after you can see it better.
Yeah, for me, I have been buying more and more electric car models recently..especially the ones coming from Germany and now China :yahoo:
I keep looking at the 1/1 white one, but for me the grey one is looking best now IMO, but I'm good with my blue one. CHEERS! :occasion14:

#6 OFFLINE   Arnage

Arnage

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 938 posts
  • Interests:Modern and classic cars
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:CMC & Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

Keep in mind the EQC is the first volume production electric Benz. To my knowledge the first was the SLS AMG Electric Drive from 2013 but production was limited to 100 units.
See my collection here
Instagram:
@stradale333

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 07:58 PM

View PostArnage, on 07 March 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

Keep in mind the EQC is the first volume production electric Benz. To my knowledge the first was the SLS AMG Electric Drive from 2013 but production was limited to 100 units.
Shame on me, I should have remembered that.. That said, I'd rather a fuel propelled SLS AMG, just for the sound. :yahoo:

#8 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1707 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 08 March 2020 - 07:03 AM

Very nice shots Dave!
:occasion14:

This is definitely different, and looks like KengFai will be one of these company that can satisfy the appetite for 'daily driver' diecast for us collectors. Great build and I love the color too!

But what strikes me is the WORKING HORN on the 1:18 Vios? :drool5:
Man... There'll be some 1:18 road rages going on :giggle:

#9 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12167 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:01 AM

I have been tempted to get back into 1/18 many times after looking at your latest additions,so tempted. I must resist as every model you show looks Fantastic and full of detail. i don't have the space though. A Great update and loving the photos. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :yahoo: :occasion14:

#10 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:48 PM

View Posttanayast, on 08 March 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Very nice shots Dave!
:occasion14:

This is definitely different, and looks like KengFai will be one of these company that can satisfy the appetite for 'daily driver' diecast for us collectors. Great build and I love the color too!

But what strikes me is the WORKING HORN on the 1:18 Vios? :drool5:
Man... There'll be some 1:18 road rages going on :giggle:
Thanks Stefanus!! :danke:
Yes, KengFai is just AMAZING!! The only thing is their pricing is ALL OVER THE PLACE :dunno: Models like the NSX are in the $160s, this one was around $100-120 and 150 with lights,  then the Alphard is $230 and then the Actros is around $300. So what is there not such a difference between a van and a Semi-Truck? :twocents:

That Vios is an AMAZING model!!!..and remember, this was way back in 2005/06 :yahoo:
Road Rage, that's a good diorama idea. :occasion14:

#11 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:18 PM

View Postdrivinghermad, on 08 March 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

I have been tempted to get back into 1/18 many times after looking at your latest additions,so tempted. I must resist as every model you show looks Fantastic and full of detail. i don't have the space though. A Great update and loving the photos. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :yahoo: :occasion14:
Thanks Darren! :danke: ..and here I am trying to get out of 1/18th and solely do exact high detail 1/64ths due to space :yahoo:  CHEERS! :occasion14:

#12 OFFLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Cars,movies,audio&video,travel.
  • Number of Models:143
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt,BBR,FrontiArt,Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: se

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:03 PM

Congrats on your buy.
I must say it looks a bit bland, it does not really stand out designwise as a car.
But on the other hand if it was more extreme it might scare the customers away.
Other than that the details and functions are really nice.

About the SLS electric is this the one, because if i remember correctly i think i have seen a green one somewhere.
Here is a pic of the blue one from Paris  Motor Show 2012.(sorry for hijacking your thread :nice: ).

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:25 AM

View PostLAFerrari, on 09 March 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

Congrats on your buy.
I must say it looks a bit bland, it does not really stand out designwise as a car.
But on the other hand if it was more extreme it might scare the customers away.
Other than that the details and functions are really nice.

About the SLS electric is this the one, because if i remember correctly i think i have seen a green one somewhere.
Here is a pic of the blue one from Paris  Motor Show 2012.(sorry for hijacking your thread :nice: ).

Hi Morgan.
Yeah, I think that Mercedes-Benz are trying to say that electric can look normal/conventional design that doesn't have to look a "Freak Show" or "Electric I am trying to be as different and new look" so to say. :smile:  They even put their charging port where the fuel tank would have been. :nice: Even in their ad using "The Weeknd"  they make a point of that, if you watch the entire video. It's conservative for sure, but, it's a Mercedes and it will sell on that alone.  Also, no problem, I totally forgot about the Electric SLS AMG, and so many other things over the years..LOL :occasion14: here:
https://www.youtube....h?v=bwqC1p6ggbU

#14 OFFLINE   Passion

Passion

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 447 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart / Kyosho / PMA / Spark /
  • Proud Citizen of: it

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:05 AM

Very not bad vechicle, but If i'm not wrong to see by your shooting, the paint tickness is very high...it's true or is it only my impression??

#15 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:41 PM

View PostPassion, on 12 March 2020 - 04:05 AM, said:

Very not bad vechicle, but If i'm not wrong to see by your shooting, the paint tickness is very high...it's true or is it only my impression??
Thanks! :danke:  It's a really nice model and yes, the paint is thick and rich in the best way :eusa_clap: :yahoo:
I'm really pleased with it, just that the hood/bonnet doesn't open  :rolleyes:
If you can check it out in person, I think that you like it. Please get back with me, if you get a chance to check one out in person. CHEERS! :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.