Volkswagen T-Roc (Dealer Edition)...by Paudi Models - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Volkswagen T-Roc (Dealer Edition)...by Paudi Models

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11480 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:46 AM

A highly detailed "Golden Nugget". This was a running joke set by my brother back in 1985 when our parents bought a two new VWs. The first was a VW Scirocco II Wolfsburg Edition in Grey Metallic and the 2nd was a Golf II 5-door in gold metallic. My brother started calling the Golf "Nugget" because he said that it was gold and shaped like a Chicken McNugget. Hey, we were kids, it was mostly what we ate at Mickey Ds in a "Happy meal", okay.

Back to this model, actually back to the T-Roc. It seems like the only thing that every automotive company is investing in these days are crossovers. Well here in Europe and China alike, as well as the US are full of them (overrun really). Being a proper car lover in 1/1 reality, it erks me that you also have to buy one in order to see around the one sat in front of you. Well, VW has shrunk one a step down from it's popular Tiguan, in the form of the T-Roc.
Mainly sold in Europe, it's also popular in China(where this dealer Edition originates). In China VW has what seems like an endless supply of SUVs/Crossovers in almost every size, it's a bit crazy that one company could make so many different Crosovers and still not beat itself out of sales in that market? That said, I am glad that VW-FAW China made a model of this one, also sold in the west. I like the commercials here in Europe showing a little black ram that thinks it's so tough until a T-Roc pulls up and punks it out. Basically hinting at the rebellious and playful attitudes that the company could wish to reach out to for potential buyers.

As for the model, Paudi Model has a great alliance with VW-FAW and this model is an exemplary result of that association! Again, Paudi Model makes other western brands look over priced and under developed. If only Paudi would go back and make some Western brands from the 80s/90s, they would be rolling in the fast lane to success outside of China. Most likely they don't need buyers from anyone besides the industries due to government support, hence the lower prices (Which are still higher when we buy them on the International markets like ebay & Ali-Express). However, Paudi Models are still a steal compared to Western brands that have been around for years, whom have decided to lower their quality and raise their prices.

This model has many working features integrated with high detailing. As usual, perforated front grilles, highly detailed engine bays and metal chassis with working suspension. Accurate two-toned wheels, photo-etched badging and realistic trim, all finished in a flawlessly applied gold finish. The interior trim and seats also tie in with the exterior's color on this gold example against the high contrasting black and light grey tones throughout the cabin. The rest of the interior is done to a high quality with functioning features like sliding seats and even an opening rear load floor with a tire and change kit stowed underneath. The only three things that surprised me weren't present...one being that the big panoramic sunroof didn't open and the hinges from the hood and rear hatch uses dog legs vs. new aged realistic hinges. The lighting details are spot on, as stance and everything that they could think of to make this as realistic as possible for a 1/18th replica. They could have adjust the door on the drivers side for better alignment, perhaps I have to take it apart to make that adjustment.

If you like VWs/Crossovers & Modern German vehicles, you can improve the quality of your collection by adding this gem. It's a pity that I have had this one since 2018 and am now just doing a review. I have a stash of reviews coming soon. I just have to get my images edited. that said I am getting all of my SUVs/Crossers out first before more car stuff.

Begin..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:46 AM

Another very nice model. Love all the small and extra details :eusa_clap:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#3 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11480 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

View PostT1000, on 21 March 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

Another very nice model. Love all the small and extra details :eusa_clap:
Thanks! :danke: It just blows my mind that this is like a $60 bucks model, not even Euros..and that is an inflated price from what FAW-VW sells these for in China. :yahoo: :twocents:  ..yet, it's blowing most higher-end models away! :eusa_clap:
Glad that you like it too!! :occasion14:

P.S. I am posting most SUVs now, but I do have a bunch of cars to post..I just need to get these out of the way first. :yahoo:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1699 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:59 AM

Great addition to your small SUV collection!
This seems like another hit from Paudi. Greatly detailed and featured-packed!

So you addressed one of my pet peeves: Body panel alignments.
Fixing the driver's door alignment hopefully isn't too difficult of a task.

I had to do the same to my Chinese Promo Cadillac CT6. I took it apart and loosen the screw holding the hinge to the body. It actually has enough slop for me to reposition the door and retightened the screw.
The picture below shows the "AFTER". The left rear door used to be slightly misaligned and using the fix I described above, it's now perfect :nice:

Posted ImageCT6 by tanayast, on Flickr

#5 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11480 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 01:11 PM

View Posttanayast, on 21 March 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

Great addition to your small SUV collection!
This seems like another hit from Paudi. Greatly detailed and featured-packed!

So you addressed one of my pet peeves: Body panel alignments.
Fixing the driver's door alignment hopefully isn't too difficult of a task.

I had to do the same to my Chinese Promo Cadillac CT6. I took it apart and loosen the screw holding the hinge to the body. It actually has enough slop for me to reposition the door and retightened the screw.
The picture below shows the "AFTER". The left rear door used to be slightly misaligned and using the fix I described above, it's now perfect :nice:

Posted ImageCT6 by tanayast, on Flickr
Thanks Stefanus!! :danke:
Yes, this T-Roc is a good addition to my ever growing VW/Audi part of my collection. That is one company that never misses a model. :eusa_clap:
Wow, your Cadillac really looks good (It always did) :yahoo:
Well, I will have to see if I can find the time to try and take this thing apart and adjust the door!..that metal chassis might be a problem :dunno:
Cheers!! :occasion14:

#6 ONLINE   samuelbdn

samuelbdn

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 624 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 21 March 2020 - 01:26 PM

Great review David!

We share this model and I like it specially.

Cheers!

#7 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1695 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 21 March 2020 - 01:49 PM

Nice model especially in this shining colour!! :drool5:
And I‘m really impressed by the price: Just 60 bucks for this - WOW!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
So good to see an offering like this while many manufacturers seem to think they can afford to lower the quality while constantly increasing prices ... :gaah:

#8 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11480 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:55 PM

View Postsamuelbdn, on 21 March 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

Great review David!

Cheers!
Thanks Samuel! :danke:
Wow, you have one as well! It's really an great model for Norev money isn't it? :eusa_clap:  Paudi Model can't be beat for value to quality/detail ratio, especially since they have a large amount of releases! :nice:
Samuel, do you have this color as well or did you go for orange or one of the other colors? :yahoo:
Thanks and take care! Glad that you have this model as well! :occasion14:

#9 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11480 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:16 PM

View Postvulpex, on 21 March 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

Nice model especially in this shining colour!! :drool5:
And I‘m really impressed by the price: Just 60 bucks for this - WOW!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
So good to see an offering like this while many manufacturers seem to think they can afford to lower the quality while constantly increasing prices ... :gaah:
Thanks Dirk! :danke:  So, basically I HAD to get this color, it was the only one out of the group that had a matching interior trim to the exterior :yahoo:
YES!! For that price, look at a Norev, even they look overpriced when you look at their quality ratio.  :rolleyes: It makes every brand higher than Norev look overpriced, especially AUTOart and Kyosho! :twocents:
Well, now we need to see more Paudi 1/64ths.. This one might be coming, as they have made the VAG group set in 1/64th before as well as the Infinitis(which I do have in 1/64th). However, it now seems like Paudi Model is in alliance with STWELL or ownership! :occasion14:

#10 ONLINE   samuelbdn

samuelbdn

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 624 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostD N, on 21 March 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

Great review David!

Cheers!
Wow, you have one as well! It's really an great model for Norev money isn't it? :eusa_clap:  Paudi Model can't be beat for value to quality/detail ratio, especially since they have a large amount of releases! :nice:
Samuel, do you have this color as well or did you go for orange or one of the other colors? :yahoo:

Hey David!

Yes, I've the same colour (without black roof).

Totally agree with you, by the money that this T-Roc cost, in Europe you can find Norev with a questionable quality.

Cheers! :occasion14:

#11 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11480 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:01 AM

View Postsamuelbdn, on 22 March 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 21 March 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

Great review David!

Cheers!

Hey David!

Yes, I've the same colour (without black roof).

Totally agree with you, by the money that this T-Roc cost, in Europe you can find Norev with a questionable quality.

Cheers! :occasion14:
Hey Samuel!
Wow, there is also one in this color without a black roof? :omg: Wow, PLEASE post pics, I'd love to see it :yahoo:
Yes, these things are so detailed that it's hard to believe that everyone else could charge what they do for less :twocents:  
Glad that there's someone else here on DX with a T-Roc as well!! :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.